GeForce 9600 detected as Radeon HD 4890

Slay33D

2 posts in this topic

I'm brand new to this whole hackintosh business. Well, I installed that Hazard distribution, everything works nicely. Only problem is the graphics. The drivers, or kexts or whatever, don't seem to be working. Indeed, the system profiler tells me that I have a Radeon HD 4890 - obviously not true. The symptoms are that the system works fine, but the graphics are not accelerated (no Quartz Extreme) and the fan is spinning wildly, where the drivers would slow it down to an acceptable level. I cannot change my resolution either.

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6. Hope somebody can help me.

I'm brand new to this whole hackintosh business. Well, I installed that Hazard distribution, everything works nicely. Only problem is the graphics. The drivers, or kexts or whatever, don't seem to be working. Indeed, the system profiler tells me that I have a Radeon HD 4890 - obviously not true. The symptoms are that the system works fine, but the graphics are not accelerated (no Quartz Extreme) and the fan is spinning wildly, where the drivers would slow it down to an acceptable level. I cannot change my resolution either.

I'm on Snow Leopard 10.6. Hope somebody can help me.

I am in the same situation as you.

i hope someone can we help us.