ASUS 1001HA Simple Guide (Everything is working)

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Forced EDID to display lcd. Place the folder to S/L/Display/override
There is improvement on color. Give some feedback
Attached File  DisplayVendorID_2264.zip   1.94KB   12 downloads

bmkx

bmkx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Forced EDID to display lcd. Place the folder to S/L/Display/override
There is improvement on color. Give some feedback
Attached File  DisplayVendorID_2264.zip   1.94KB   12 downloads

Yes, I think it could be OK as default for most people. It is in fact very similar to my own color profile, but mine is a little darker, and I prefer it as such.

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Yes, I think it could be OK as default for most people. It is in fact very similar to my own color profile, but mine is a little darker, and I prefer it as such.

Ye , it is not a big deal. BTW do you have any experience with SSD? performance and power consumption wise? I m thinking to upgrade to SSD.

bmkx

bmkx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Ye , it is not a big deal. BTW do you have any experience with SSD? performance and power consumption wise? I m thinking to upgrade to SSD.

I use SSD in my netbook for a few months now. Although it's the cheapest SSD I could find (OCZ Onyx 32GB), I've benchmarked it some time ago, and it was considerably faster than the original one. I don't remember the numbers exactlly though. System loads faster and this is what you can tell at first. Regarding power consumption, or rather, battery performance, I don't see much difference though. But it has also other pros I consider important: first it's totally silent, and second it's more mechanically durable.

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

I use SSD in my netbook for a few months now. Although it's the cheapest SSD I could find (OCZ Onyx 32GB), I've benchmarked it some time ago, and it was considerably faster than the original one. I don't remember the numbers exactlly though. System loads faster and this is what you can tell at first. Regarding power consumption, or rather, battery performance, I don't see much difference though. But it has also other pros I consider important: first it's totally silent, and second it's more mechanically durable.

I think i m going to purchase a SSD, and install a bluetooth.
Just a small issue that i m having here. Can you check if your eee behaves the same? A message shows that USB drive is not properly disconnected after wake up from sleep. Any idea how to fix it?

bmkx

bmkx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

I think i m going to purchase a SSD, and install a bluetooth.
Just a small issue that i m having here. Can you check if your eee behaves the same? A message shows that USB drive is not properly disconnected after wake up from sleep. Any idea how to fix it?

Since both my netbook and desktop behave this way, and also since I've never had any real mac before, I thought this is normal :D But if it's not, than maybe it's a problem with USB controllers or something. Maybe they're not seen as native, or don't have proper sleep/wake methods in dsdt. IIRC I didn't fix USB controllers in my dsdt, so maybe it's worth giving it a try.
Also, do you plan to install BT inside? I'm just curious, because I use USB BT dongle with desktop, and it works all right. I haven't tested it with the netbook, but i guess it should also work ok.

mightycrown

mightycrown

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Since both my netbook and desktop behave this way, and also since I've never had any real mac before, I thought this is normal :unsure: But if it's not, than maybe it's a problem with USB controllers or something. Maybe they're not seen as native, or don't have proper sleep/wake methods in dsdt. IIRC I didn't fix USB controllers in my dsdt, so maybe it's worth giving it a try.
Also, do you plan to install BT inside? I'm just curious, because I use USB BT dongle with desktop, and it works all right. I haven't tested it with the netbook, but i guess it should also work ok.

Hi
We probably have to modify the USB section to be more native as well as the PCI ones:) Inject the right device into our DSDT. I will try later this week. Yes, the BT module will be the Asus that is inside of most of the netbooks and laptops. Will let you know how that goes when my module arrives. Ordered it from China. Some report the module works fine, but some claim functionality is not as good as it should.
Just curious about one thing, I have a X61s which i am trying to put OSX in it. Everything is working fine, but the speedsteps. it acts really weired, probably because the C2D L7500 is not well supported by Mac. Although Cstates works fine, Pstates seems to have problem. I noticed there are only 3 states, and it should be 4 or 6 for C2D. The power states were dumped from linux and inserted in DSDT, but still no matter which Mac model i choose it just remain the same. Frequency and voltage is not right either. Maybe because of bad recognition of L7500, I have Wrong FSB, Bus .

Edit:
I injected PCI and USB to DSDT. PCI shows thing. But USB still does not act as it should, in fact it became worse. It does not reconnect after it resumes from sleep

G0t!3r

G0t!3r

Asus'er !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  • Interests:ReefTank, travels...
The update 10.6.7 works on the 1001HA ???

artic1980

artic1980

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I have update my 1000h to the 10.6.7 whituot problem.
Sorry for my english

Ioan Popovici

Ioan Popovici

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi, I'm running 10.6.7 on a 1005HAB and I have a problem with the Wired LAN Card.
I've installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext on my EFI partition and the Wired Card is getting a MAC Address, i'm getting cable connect/disconnect feedback, It's not receiving a DHCP address, I'm putting a static IP and can only ping localhost For everything else i get ping timeout and no route to host...

Everything else (wifi, audio, battery meter, graphics, sleep) works fine (except the volume hotkeys)

This are my kext installed on the efi patition:

AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppelACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext
AsusHotkeys.kext (does not work for me)
AttansicL1eEthernet.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOAudioFamily.kext (audio dependecy)
IOGraphicsFamily.kext (graphics depency)
IOHIDFamily.kext (Asus hotkeys dependecy)
IONDRVSupport.kext (graphics dependency)
IONetworkingFamily.kext (network dependency)
IOUSBFamily.kext
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
OSvKernDSPLib.kext (audio dependency)
PaltformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

if anyone has a clue please post here

G0t!3r

G0t!3r

Asus'er !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
10.6.7 works on 1001HA, but I copied video kext since Windows 7 and start in single user (-s), use kextload SL/E/"differentskext".kext and then! After i have used kextutility and it was ok. Sry for my english !

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi, I'm running 10.6.7 on a 1005HAB and I have a problem with the Wired LAN Card.
I've installed AttansicL1eEthernet.kext on my EFI partition and the Wired Card is getting a MAC Address, i'm getting cable connect/disconnect feedback, It's not receiving a DHCP address, I'm putting a static IP and can only ping localhost For everything else i get ping timeout and no route to host...

Everything else (wifi, audio, battery meter, graphics, sleep) works fine (except the volume hotkeys)

AppelACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AttansicL1eEthernet.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
PaltformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Answered here.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi
We probably have to modify the USB section to be more native as well as the PCI ones:) Inject the right device into our DSDT. I will try later this week.

Edit:
I injected PCI and USB to DSDT. PCI shows thing. But USB still does not act as it should, in fact it became worse. It does not reconnect after it resumes from sleep

There's definitely a DSDT tweak that works to prevent Sleep from un-mounting the USB drives forcefully and generating the error message on wake (I assume that's what this discussion is about but if I misunderstood, apologies). A search here at InsanelyMac will lead you to it.

From the little I read, the DSDT mod attempts to define the appropriate USB device controller as built in, so there's no forced un-mount (dismount?) and no error message. Though it's working, on system wake the USB performance seems to take a major hit. So a work in progress still, I think.

There's another route worth looking at, SleepWatcher, which works as advertised in that it gets the Finder to gently dismount any ejectable USB drives prior to sleep activating. So, no disk error risk and no error messages. It doesn't modify the USB controller status, so no performance hit.

Check out the Mac OS X Hints post by miketyson here for more info.

I use it and it works perfectly.

HTH and cheers,
Andy

G0t!3r

G0t!3r

Asus'er !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
Someone have tested upgrade 10.6.7=>10.6.8=>10.7 ????

kyteflyer

kyteflyer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hi guys, I'm back from the dark side via a few months of Ubuntu, which has been fine, but there are a few things I miss in not using OSX, so am about to have another go at it. I think I'll be tackling it in exactly the same way as I did when I first succeeded. I've had only very limited success with the newer kexts that bmkx and mightycrown have added to the original guide and in subsequent posts, so I'm going back to basics. I only got as far as a successful upgrade as far as 10.6.4 IIRC, so its going to be a bit of a trial again.

I've read through the entire thread from the beginning because I can't really remember where I was at, at any stage along my path to netbook OSX joy, and will be following along again, whilst I do the thing. Kinda sad to see Ubuntu 11.04 go, its really maturing as an OS, and 11.10 is in alpha already, but OSX is my preferred system. and I want to keep using it now that I seem to have passed the point of no return on my capacity to buy new apple gear... my next desktop will be a hackintoshed PC, once my iMac is no longer able to do what I want it to.

Since Lion is only to be distributed via the app store, and will be irrevocably tied to your account I *may* upgrade the iMac, but I'll be staying on SL for the forseeable future, on the netbook. Netbook probably wont like Lion in any case. I decided to make the switch this week, because next week, I suspect its going to be all about Lion.

Wish me luck and good hackintoshing!

kyteflyer

kyteflyer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Well, I guess that there have been "under the hood" changes in the 1001HAkit.zip. I've done exactly as I did last year to get a successful install, but this time round, even with Baldrick45's dsdt.aml (because mighty crown's left me without a keyboard) I cannot update at all. All I get, whether I start with the HD or with the USB and then choose the HD, is an infinitely spinning NBI as its trying to do something. I've left it running this time for 20 minutes, and still..nothing except the spinner and the NBI I con in the middle of the screen.

I am in no way able to play with coding and scripting so I was relying on the original method and this now seems to be beyond me. I'll keep trying but the frustration of it all is really getting to me, big time. I appreciate all the work thats gone into it, but from about when bmkx came into it, I got lost. You guys are obviously able to dig into the innards of stuff, and I cannot. I don't care about deep sleep, I don't care about most of the intricacies of the system, I just want it to work within the limitations of my netbook.

Can anybody tell me what changes have been made to the kexts inside 1001HAkit.zip if any, and if there have been some, where can I get the older ones. I'm starting from 10.6.0 because thats what I have available to me, and I cannot update to 10.6.3 (and I don't have 10.6.2, just everything since then), I would even be happy to stay on 10.6 but without wireless, just don't really see the point.

Help please, if anybody is still about?

G0t!3r

G0t!3r

Asus'er !

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts
no news for update to 10.6.8 (if works) and Lion ????

HackintoshMacPro

HackintoshMacPro

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Does anyone get the wireless function by IO80211Family.kext and bluetooth originally working perfectly? I have tired that for two weeks....But it doesn't work ...I guess that one is my updated bios for newest or my bootloader is not from guide instead from netbookinstaller..
Could somebody help me to handle that? ;) (I am runing 10.6.6 but doesn't working perfectly for above question)

AppelACPIPS2Nub.kext
AppleIntelGMA950.kext
AttansicL1eEthernet.kext
EvOreboot.kext
fakesmc.kext
IO80211Family.kext
IOATAFamily.kext
IOUSBFamily.kext
PaltformUUID.kext
SleepEnabler.kext
VoodooHDA.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

Does you get the wireless and bluetooth working on 10.6.6 or 10.6.7 ?

kyteflyer

kyteflyer

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I've completely given up on this now, and bought myself a 13" Macbook Pro. I would have preferred to use my existing netbook but that was not to be. Farewell to those who gave me so much help in the early days, and thanks :unsure:

djpalmer88

djpalmer88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys sorry to ask this but I'm a bit unclear on what exactly needs to be done to update to 10.6.6. Im currently on 10.6.3 with everything working fine and i dont want to screw it up, but at the same time would really like to update. Would someone be able to explain it to me? I tried reading the tutorial but got a bit lost. cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy