Ati 4550 HD 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 success

metomet

9 posts in this topic

Hello there Ati 4550 HD users (mine is 1GB model)

Firstable sorry about my english

I have updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 and I have my Ati 4550 HD working perfect QE and CI with VGA or DVI (or both BUT using the same resolution )

To see how, just follow the steps of Azuma111 on: scrow down to find the post with the red text - Azuma111's post

-The post is for ATI HD4650 but I'm sure, if you do follow those steps (sure using the Ati4500Controler.kext)you will have your video working

I have tried with 'Mac Os Snow 10.6.2 v 3.6 Universal' & 'Mac OS Snow 10.6.2 Hazard' AND THEY Both updates and working with my Card

-To update from those/both versions to 10.6.4 using "Software Update" FIRST REMOVE the sleepenabler.kext from

/System/LibraryExtensions.

-To have the sleepfunction back just download: sleepenabler 10.6.4 once you have updated.

ONCE YOU HAVE updated PROBABLY WILL HAVE TO USE -x to boot in safe mode and install all those kexts , edin the com.apple.Boot.plist install the new 10.6.4 sleepenabler.kext too.

I HAVE THE PAKAGE FOR Ati 4550 HD (all the kexts needed and the edited apple.com.boot.plist too) IF ANY WANT THEM just PM me or ask to send you those files on mtdmtdv@gmail.com

-you will have just to: booting with -x in case your video not working, install those kexts in already updated 10.6.4, replace com.apple.Boot.plist and RESTART with -f -v.

The package for_10.6.4_just_instal_and_replace.zip

Your Ati will be detected like an ATI Radeon HD 4890.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there Ati 4550 HD users (mine is 1GB model)

Firstable sorry about my english

I have updated from 10.6.2 to 10.6.4 and I have my Ati 4550 HD working perfect QE and CI with VGA or DVI (or both BUT using the same resolution )

To see how, just follow the steps of Azuma111 on: scrow down to find the post with the red text - Azuma111's post

-The post is for ATI HD4650 but I'm sure, if you do follow those steps (sure using the Ati4500Controler.kext)you will have your video working

I have tried with 'Mac Os Snow 10.6.2 v 3.6 Universal' & 'Mac OS Snow 10.6.2 Hazard' AND THEY Both updates and working with my Card

-To update from those/both versions to 10.6.4 using "Software Update" FIRST REMOVE the sleepenabler.kext from

/System/LibraryExtensions.

-To have the sleepfunction back just download: sleepenabler 10.6.4 once you have updated.

ONCE YOU HAVE updated PROBABLY WILL HAVE TO USE -x to boot in safe mode and install all those kexts , edin the com.apple.Boot.plist install the new 10.6.4 sleepenabler.kext too.

I HAVE THE PAKAGE FOR Ati 4550 HD (all the kexts needed and the edited apple.com.boot.plist too) IF ANY WANT THEM just PM me or ask to send you those files on mtdmtdv@gmail.com

-you will have just to: booting with -x in case your video not working, install those kexts in already updated 10.6.4, replace com.apple.Boot.plist and RESTART with -f -v.

The package for_10.6.4_just_instal_and_replace.zip

Your Ati will be detected like an ATI Radeon HD 4890.

Good Luck

Hi, how you get DVI to works? I have follow your method but only can get VGA to works, same card as you, HD4550.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Tested on a Gigabyte GA-G41M-ES2L, with a DVI Monitor in a VGA Port (Used a DVI to VGA Adapter)

Used a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4550. 512MB GDDR3 VRAM.

I updated from 10.6.0 to 10.6.5, booted in -x for the first time after updating to 10.6.5, installed the kexts with Kext Utility and replace .com.apple.boot.plist in /Extra folder, rebooted with -f -v and works!

Then rebooted without any - flags and all works!

This package works for 10.6.5.

MANY THANKS!

• 2 months later...

I'm afraid this isn't working for me in 10.6.6. I added my device id to the kexts (0x954f1002), edited com.apple.boot.plist, replaced all the files and ran kext utility, then rebooted with -f -v and I get a kernel panic! I booted in command line and removed the files, then it boots up brilliantly. Any ideas why this is happening? My graphics card is an XFX HD 4550, does this have something to do with it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.