hd4830

stayinalive

46 posts in this topic

SAPPHIRE HD4830 DVI-HDMI-VGA

222_20090422_1648.jpgsapphire_hd_4830_sapihre_hd4830_saphire_hd_4830_ekran_karti.jpg

first of all need to tell you guys, i m really tired of searching web last 1 week without eating and drinking.

so my question is very simple ;)

is there any body worked this card on 10.6."whatever" version macosx86?

i need the files and step by step install

if there is noone here to help me work this out, i just smash this card or burn it, il send here the photos later..

these are what i installed via kexthelper to snow leo 10.6.3

http://www.box.net/shared/699tjnc0f3

>>

ATI4800Controller.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

EVOenabler.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATIRadeonX2000.kext

asus p5g41t-m lx

ddr3 2gb ocz

sapphire hd4830 hdmi vga dvi

HD4830 / HD4850 / HD4870

32 BIT

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W242MOW0

1- install radeon_hd_48x0_drivers-2.pkg

2- install Patched framebuffers for 48x0 and 3870

3- if not enable qe/ci, use exotics

4- if you need to use the natitpowerplay(BUG SCREEN JUMPING)

only 32 bits

arch=i386

OR

32/64 BIT

1- use the kext legacyati4800controller.kex (E/E or S/L/E)

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=59328

2- Graphicsenabler

Use Lizard

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1034555/lizard/Lizard-custom.zip

2a-Auto detect value

2b-GraphicsInjection

2c-save

lizard.png

REBOOT

this is added in boot.plist

@MaLd0n:

The LegacyATI4800 kext you linked to doesn't match my HD4830's device ID: it has 0x94421002 instead of 0x944C1002. Anyone planning to use it should edit it with the right ID.

nothings changed after LegacyATI4800controller.kext install. no resolution change, no acceleration.

ATI Radeon HD 4830:

Chipset Model: ATI Radeon HD 4830

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x944c

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-B7710C-176

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.318

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1152 x 864

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Display Connector:

what i do is;

deleted all ATI* kexts from extensions folder in single user mode

than

installed legacy 4800 controller

& lizard settings.

thanks for reply

i get a strange "mode not supported" error from my 19" hyundai lcd (n91w) monitor.

Boot with -x to safe mode, download and install SwitchResX, look at the manual of your LCD/TV for the sync specs - pixel clock , scan rate ... etc , add a new custom resolution, safe and reboot - this will work.

Good Luck

@MaLd0n:

The LegacyATI4800 kext you linked to doesn't match my HD4830's device ID: it has 0x94421002 instead of 0x944C1002. Anyone planning to use it should edit it with the right ID.

Yep

Thanks

;)

Are you sure legacyati4800controller.kext is complete there? It seems small, and only has "info.plist" inside.

LegacyATI4800Controller is just an injector: it will override part of the info.plist on the original Apple kext to make it work with more cards. That's why it is so small: there are no binaries, plugins, or any actual machine code in it.

And after quite a bit of trying I found out how to get my HD4830 working perfectly with 10.6.4 kexts.

1) Enable GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon as MaLd0n explained.

1) Install LegacyATI4800Controller to /Extra and edit it with your device ID.

2) Download Netkas' QE/CI 10.6.4 patch. When installing, choose only ATIRadeonX2000: no need for an edited ATI4800Controller because you're doing the work with the aforementioned Legacy injector.

3) You'll need to edit ATIRadeonX2000's Info.plist, because there is a typo in the HD4830's device ID. Open it with your favorite text editor, and change 0x944c10002 to 0x944c1002. Save it, and rebuild your caches with whatever method you use (I prefer pfix).

If you did everything right, you should have proper resolution and Quartz Extreme after rebooting. I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

LegacyATI4800Controller is just an injector: it will override part of the info.plist on the original Apple kext to make it work with more cards. That's why it is so small: there are no binaries, plugins, or any actual machine code in it.

And after quite a bit of trying I found out how to get my HD4830 working perfectly with 10.6.4 kexts.

1) Enable GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon as MaLd0n explained.

1) Install LegacyATI4800Controller to /Extra and edit it with your device ID.

2) Download Netkas' QE/CI 10.6.4 patch. When installing, choose only ATIRadeonX2000: no need for an edited ATI4800Controller because you're doing the work with the aforementioned Legacy injector.

3) You'll need to edit ATIRadeonX2000's Info.plist, because there is a typo in the HD4830's device ID. Open it with your favorite text editor, and change 0x944c10002 to 0x944c1002. Save it, and rebuild your caches with whatever method you use (I prefer pfix).

If you did everything right, you should have proper resolution and Quartz Extreme after rebooting. I still need to plug in an DVI->VGA adapter on the unused DVI port. Try this if you get a black screen instead of proper graphics.

before step 1, deleting all ati* kexts in s/l/e cause any unwanted problems? :blink:

before step 1, deleting all ati* kexts in s/l/e cause any unwanted problems? :rolleyes:

You need the vanilla ATI* kexts in /S/L/E. It'd be a good idea to restore them from their original versions just in case, and delete other graphic-related kexts (Natit, ATY_Init, EvOEnabler, etc.) from /E/E as well.

If you don't have them backed-up, you can try pulling them from one of the OS X upgrade packages using Pacifist. Or you can tell me which version are you running and I'll upload the proper vanilla kexts somewhere.

You need the vanilla ATI* kexts in /S/L/E. It'd be a good idea to restore them from their original versions just in case, and delete other graphic-related kexts (Natit, ATY_Init, EvOEnabler, etc.) from /E/E as well.

If you don't have them backed-up, you can try pulling them from one of the OS X upgrade packages using Pacifist. Or you can tell me which version are you running and I'll upload the proper vanilla kexts somewhere.

very thanks, when i do smth wrong i usually fresh install everything..

1-i tried your walktrough for 4830 5 min ago and (copied legacy4800 to s/l/e and enable graphics from lizard then added only atiradeonx2000.kext from netkas 10.6.3 patch.) then monitor comes up with an no signal error! (im currently using dvi output)

2-deleted them in -s safe mode boot

3-copied everything to s/l/extensions (atisupport, framebuffer, legacysupport, x2000, ati4800, evoenabler with kexthelper) result is a "mode not supported" monitor error

there is a file that named mac modified rom for 4830 last week i suddenly double clicked it and nothing happened at all but maybe this is the main part of my problem can you take a look the files inside the rar

mac modified rom & natit from netkas = http://www.box.net/shared/ft1npf3sjm

hd4830 dvi-hdmi-vga (gpuz)= http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/gse9a/

hd4830 dvi-hdmi-vga bios (.bin)= http://www.box.net/shared/s7h5neym0i

First of all, purge all the graphic fixes from your system. Delete all ATI* kexts from /S/L/E. Natit, ATY_Init, EvoEnabler, everything. Don't forget to check /E/E for them as well. Copy back the original 10.6.3 kexts to /S/L/E from the link below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmyzjdjyqztjyi

LegacyATI4800Controller doesn't need to be in /S/L/E, so it will go to /E/E. Install Netkas' QE/CI patch. Make sure GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes. After you're done, fix permissions and rebuild the kexts cache with whatever method you like.

Reboot, and you should have everything work. Remember that you'll probably need a DVI->VGA adapter in the second DVI slot if you're not using it.

I only active Graphicsenabler/Pciroot and use the Legacy.

Remember that you'll probably need a DVI->VGA adapter in the second DVI slot if you're not using it.

:blink:

Reboot, and you should have everything work. Remember that you'll probably need a DVI->VGA adapter in the second DVI slot if you're not using it.

Maybe this is the difference. The Sapphire 4830 has 1 DVI port, 1 HDMI, and 1 VGA (not a second DVI). Yours seems to be different from others like mine, although I'm going to try the kexts you provided to see if I have any luck.

use installers

work very well

but only in 32 bit

arch=i386

With legacy48000 mac boot hangs forever,(spinning wheel)

tried -f flag nothing changed

how to install kernel in 32 bit?

kernle and extensions in system profiler says 64bit.

use installers

work very well

but only in 32 bit

arch=i386

I'm fairly certain I tried those steps (with that set of files) at one time, however it was meant for the 4850, and doesn't seem to work with the 4830 despite the claims of those who posted it originally.

Now that I think of it, I think these steps are what led me to look for a copy of EVOenabler.kext modified for the 4830. It was first reported here and confirmed to be working here.

With legacy48000 mac boot hangs forever,(spinning wheel)

tried -f flag nothing changed

how to install kernel in 32 bit?

kernle and extensions in system profiler says 64bit.

edit your boot.plist

kernel flags

arch=i386

however it was meant for the 4850, and doesn't seem to work with the 4830 despite the claims of those who posted it originally.

"There is 3 device types hardcoded in file – radeon hd 4870 (used also for 4830 and 4850"

edit your boot.plist

kernel flags

arch=i386

I think this is what I was missing. Finally, I've got the proper resolution for my monitor! I deleted all ATI* kexts and anything else related to the graphics (EVOenabler, Natit, etc) from S/L/E and E/E. Then I ran through those instructions again with the files you linked to. Thank you for the help here. :P

My only complaint now is that the Natit "No powerplay" package doesn't seem to address the jumpy screen bug in my case.

I've done the steps a few times over now, I get the resolution support after steps 1 and 2. Once I get into step 3 (the netkas QE/IC package) and restart the jumping starts. I've come to realize QE/CI still doesn't work once it's installed anyways. I tried the version from netkas' website just to be sure, but same problem.

EDIT: I've got it working! Full resolution with QE/CI in 10.6.3!

I started with a fresh install, so all of the ATI* kexts were present. I went back to this thread, to see if I could more exactly replicate what he had done, and it worked! I'm attaching all of the files to this post so they hopefully won't disappear. I had to get a separate 10.6.2 installation disc just to find the correct version of EVOenabler.

First, this assumes a fresh install of 10.6.3 with no extra graphic options or drivers selected (not even graphics enabler = y). I used PC_EFI v10.6 bootloader, but I'm not sure that matters.

1. Install the 3 kext files in the included zip (use kext helper).

Restart with -x

2. Install EVOenabler.kext

3. Install netkas' QE/CI exotic card package for SL 10.6.2

Restart normally. You should be able to adjust the screen resolution now.

Restart with -x

3. Install netkas' QE/CI exotic card package for SL 10.6.3

Restart normally

4830_DVI_VGA_HDMI_SL_10.6.3.zip

Edited by Gaussia

EDIT: I've got it working! Full resolution with QE/CI in 10.6.3!

I started with a fresh install, so all of the ATI* kexts were present. I went back to this thread, to see if I could more exactly replicate what he had done, and it worked! I'm attaching all of the files to this post so they hopefully won't disappear. I had to get a separate 10.6.2 installation disc just to find the correct version of EVOenabler.

First, this assumes a fresh install of 10.6.3 with no extra graphic options or drivers selected (not even graphics enabler = y). I used PC_EFI v10.6 bootloader, but I'm not sure that matters.

1. Install the 3 kext files in the included zip (use kext helper).

Restart with -x

2. Install EVOenabler.kext

3. Install netkas' QE/CI exotic card package for SL 10.6.2

Restart normally. You should be able to adjust the screen resolution now.

Restart with -x

3. Install netkas' QE/CI exotic card package for SL 10.6.3

Restart normally

thanks for the instructions.

it probably works

i did exactly the same you wrote , theres a monitor problem: "mode not supported" error(dvi lcd monitor)

i cant boot safe mode nothi,ng shows up, icant change resolution

ill try hdmi output later