Vmware + linux + MacOs on Dothan Centrino

6 posts in this topic

Hi to all,

I've a simple question to do...does anyone tryed to install MacOs X86 on Vmware under any distribution of Linux?

I have a notebook with a centrino architecture and a Dothan CPU of 1.8GHz.

I've read the guide for installation but I'm not sure if with my architecture I can install the 10.4.6 version of MacOs. It is possible? Do I need a patch for SSE3?

Thank you

I've a simple question to do...does anyone tryed to install MacOs X86 on Vmware under any distribution of Linux?

Well, if you burn the Tiger ISO on dvd and mount the physical drive in vmware ws 5.5 you'll be able to install it.

I have a notebook with a centrino architecture and a Dothan CPU of 1.8GHz.

There are mixed results with dothan capable of PAE. According to the wiki HCL you should be able to.

Do I need a patch for SSE3?

Yo will need to choose the Intel SSE2 when installing from the ISO.

There are mixed results with dothan capable of PAE. According to the wiki HCL you should be able to.

Ok, thank you.

If there are mixed results with my processor I can report the results of my experience when I'll have finished the installation, so it will be possible to evaluate another concrete case :)

Well,

I've finished to install and configure my Tiger on Centrino, and all seems to works fine.

I have had some trouble related to PAE trying install it under Vmware, so I've decided to install it natively.

If can be useful I can report what is my hardware and how I've done to install it