10.4.7 Update

SemjaZa

167 posts in this topic

OK - I am getting kind of confused now that people are talking about Semzaja.

I D'Led the latest 10.4.7 JaS install ISO. I am doing a fresh install.

In the customization options I ticked off the Semzaja option and SSE3 and wireless.

Do i need some other Semzaja file as well or is Semzaja that you guys are talking about already incorporated into the JaS 10.4.7 install DVD?

If I install the JaS DVD then do I need to get anything from Apple?

My assumption is no.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

That's what I said.

You downloaded a file called "semjaza10_4_7.tar". Put it on your Desktop and double click it to get a folder called "semjaza10_4_7"

Go to Terminal:

Type: cd ~/Desktop/semjaza10_4_7
Type: sudo ./replace.sh
(give your password)

Okie, I followed what U say!

So, how I know the semjaza10_4_7 apply success and working or not?

Thanks

So, how I know the semjaza10_4_7 apply success and working or not?

If you ran the replace.sh correctly, you should have gotten several messages of files being "replaced" and at the end the following messages:

"All required replacements are done."

"The original files were copied and have the extension .backup."

If you did not see all of those messages, then you did something wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the Semjaza decrypted 10.4.7 update included in JaS 10.4.7 ISO DVD ??? or do we need to apply the Semjaza patch after a clean install ?

The SemjaZa decrypts are included with the JaS 10.4.7 iso. However, if you are running on AMD and you are having some basic problems like running the installers, JaS suggests applying SemjaZa patch to fix those errors.

• 2 weeks later...
at the moment i cannot download the Jas 10.4.7 update from any system to strip the SPPlateformReporter.spreporter file out of such. any chance i can get one of you to archive and mail it to me? i would appreciate such greatly!

I'm pretty sure there is nothing special about that file. Why not get it from the Apple updater?

I'm pretty sure there is nothing special about that file. Why not get it from the Apple updater?

from what i gathered here that's not the case. also does anyone know if the "Security Update 2006-004 Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel)" is safe for AMD systems as well?

edit: fixed up. thanks to troisd and Andrey :poster_oops:

edit2: after the "Security Update 2006-004 Mac OS X 10.4.7 Client (Intel)" update my Disk Utility went to hell and my thanks to Rammjet for the solution. used my 10.4.7 AMD update as Ion Darie mentioned and presto. thanks to you both for that correction. i can now finally ghost my laptop with my clean native environment of both OS's and ditch running OS X through VMware 24/7 and after such see if Ralink can get my built in SIS162 based USB Wireless working :)!

- Robert (PmR)DeathInJune