945G Chipset working

cyrana

347 posts in this topic

That doesn't give me much to go on. :) What is happening? What does 'didn't change a thing' mean? Per my prior post, the -v boot flag is necessary so we can see where things are hanging.

Regardless of method, the last few steps are necessary (ie removing cache files or at least doing a -f -v).

I get these, the display one over and over. :)

display: family specific matching fails

RTC: invalid device register map
[date] kextd-parent[26]: IOKitwaitquiet() timed out

Does that help?

I'm guessing from the display error.. ? You might need to know my graphics card, which is a ATI Radeon X300 with 128mb of whatever the mb stuff is.

Ahh yes. I'd recommend removing every kext which has ATI in it, then. After you remove the kexts (maybe boot with -s and delete them?), do another -f -v on reboot. At least you're not getting an error about the root device.

I am still getting errors. I deleted everything containing 'ATI'. I even searched for 'RADEON' but nothing was there.

Heres a screenshot.

http://img323.imageshack.us/img323/7305/dsc035706ic.jpg

Not sure, perhaps start a thread in the failure forum? I don't want to derail this one too much as I don't think this is a 945 issue. Maybe try removing or moving that last TPM kext you see mentioned and then one last -f -v.

VGA. I've not tried an ADD2-N card, but there are 945G ones available. Not sure on chipset though...

Well, it won't even install w/out the kexts, so it takes some work to get things functional on a 945 chipset.

VGA.  I've not tried an ADD2-N card, but there are 945G ones available.  Not sure on chipset though...

Ok, searching took me quite a while, but I found out that HP offers the same ADD2 DVI card for their DC7100 (i915G/GMA900) and DC7600 (i945G/GMA950) series of PCs. The card is based on the Silicon Image Sil 1364 chipset - just the same chipset as on the Silicon Image Orion Add2 cards. Maybe they are the same, just differently named.

Intel also does not seem to make a difference between 945 and 915 chipset regarding ADD2 card compatibiliy.

I would guess, DVI will work on the 945G/GMA950 but I'd still be interested to hear from people who could verify that (I do have the ADD2 card yet but still have to decide, which mainboard/barebone to buy ;) )

I have discovered strange thing.

When I delete kext cache, reboot then all works fine without -f flag.

When new cache files are built, I do second reboot my ICH7 is not detected.

-f in boot config is only workaround for this strange behavior.

any ideas ?

I get these, the display one over and over.  :(

RTC: invalid device register map
[date] kextd-parent[26]: IOKitwaitquiet() timed out

Does that help?

I'm guessing from the display error.. ? You might need to know my graphics card, which is a ATI Radeon X300 with 128mb of whatever the mb stuff is.

OK, from your screenshot it seems everything is fine. Its loading the AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext and its loading the AppleIntel ethernet kext. It won't load the graphics kext and you will continue to get that display error UNLESS you are running an intel GMA900 or GMA950 video chipset (i.e. i815G or i945G motherboard chipset). Seeing as you have an i945P with no integrated video and an ATI card, you'll always get that error. Nothing to worry about, move along. Your video won't be accelerated just like almost everyone else's. As for the error if AppleTPMACPI.kext, what you need to do is boot up in singleuser mode, -s, and delete that file. It's located in /System/Library/Extensions. Also delete Extensions.mkext and Extension Cache.something which are located in /System/Library

Then boot up using -v. If everything is working and the only errors you get are about the display and about the TPMACPI, you're fine. Nothing to worry about as everyone gets those. TPMACPI deals with the cracking done to OSX, and theres nothing you can do about display short of buying a new motherboard.

I have discovered strange thing.

When I delete kext cache, reboot then all works fine without -f flag.

When new cache files are built, I do second reboot my ICH7 is not detected.

-f in boot config is only workaround for this strange behavior.

any ideas ?

Not sure, I've never had this problem. I always remove the 2 extension files (one of which is the cache one) and reboot with -f that 1st time though.

Unfortunately, looking after all plists in AppleAzaliaAudio.kext (even in PlugIns DIR) I havent found what causes no-sound problem.. I have 3 sound stereo connectrs.. do you have more ?

and another thing.. I see sound device in sound props in sys prefs, but no device found in System Profiler(I see Audio Built in in list but "No information found." there)

Can you check ?

also..

I don't have support for my intel built-in network controler.. but I have 3c905tx so it isn't affecting me a lot..

forcer, what motherboard do you have? Luckily my onboard Intel GigE in mine seems to function, although I still need an updated RT2500 driver for my 802.11g (the bluetooth works too at least).

My MSI board has coax spdif, optical spdif, 2 front-panel analog jacks, and then like 5 normal analogs in the back. lol.

The AppleAzalia source isn't in Darwin 8.1 or 8.2 as far as I can see, so I can't take a look to see. :)

forcer, what motherboard do you have?  Luckily my onboard Intel GigE in mine seems to function, although I still need an updated RT2500 driver for my 802.11g (the bluetooth works too at least).

My MSI board has coax spdif, optical spdif, 2 front-panel analog jacks, and then like 5 normal analogs in the back. lol.

The AppleAzalia source isn't in Darwin 8.1 or 8.2 as far as I can see, so I can't take a look to see. B)

I have Intel D945GNT and it uses sigmatel 9220 codec. I don't realy know if this can be different as vendor id and device id is the same, but as I can see you have more connectors, I have only 3 analog conns, nothing else.

What connector is working for you ? - I mean is the connector for audio output same as in windows ?

Another one.. do you have any experience in compiling kext cache for install CD ? as I would like to test it.

ok here is possible problem.. cyrana's sound card has Realtek ALC882 audio codec.

intel boards has sigmatel 9220/9223 codec.

I wonder if there is something that can be done to run sound on intel motherboards.

Edited by forcer

Well, you could try editing the Azalia files as I did, but put your vendor and device IDs in. Just remember to look in the Info.plist in one of the Plugins directory, it has the ID for the audio controller and all.

The connector that windows uses works, at least the main analog one (right front and right left).

Here is the finished kext package. It has fixes for PIIX (ATA and SATA), Azalia HD Audio, and GMA950.

http://s47.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=053M62I...971RXLMW4OYG3LC

On my system (in my sig), everything works except for sound input. I didn't have to edit anything for my GigE to work.

I'm interested to see if this only partially works for some. These instructions don't technically make sense, since a lot of people can't even boot at all on an ICH7 system. But if you can't figure out how to somehow get the files onto the filesystem, I can't really help. Personally I have an external USB2/Firewire combo drive that I use for things such as this.

Instructions

1. Unzip the archive somewhere, just remember where you do it.
2. Find the old kexts (you probably won't have them all, some are from darwin) in /System/Library/Extensions and move them to a different name (like 'sudo mv oldkext.kext oldkext.kext.old).
3. Copy the files from step one to /System/Library/Extensions (something like 'sudo cp -R ~/Desktop/ZIPFOLDER/* /System/Library/Extensions').
4. Do a 'sudo chown -R root:wheel FILENAME' and 'sudo chmod -R 755 FILENAME' for each file in the archive after they have been copied.
5. Delete the files Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext in your /System/Library/ directory.
6. Reboot
7. Use the -f and -v flags at boot just in case someone didn't delete their cache files and to get an idea of where things crash if they do.

Thanks for the hard work! I have the Release1 iso (deadmoo dmg->iso converted one), I've installed the Znuff sse3 patch, then the Maxxuss oah750 stuff, and then your 945g stuff. On dvd boot to install I get this (see attachment) using -f -v. Any ideas?

post-10556-1126875428_thumb.jpg

Not going to talk about violating an NDA or anything. But all I can say is if you edit an install disk that it takes a lot more work than just copying files over. Extension caches and other things also change.