• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

terramir

terramir

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
2 hours and 20 minutes and that's all with my 3 cell battery I can get on osx vs almost 3.5 hours on win 7. voodoopowermini doesn't load maybe because I got the appleintelpowermanagement and the disabler for it loaded when I look at kext stat. Would really like to get better power management going on and I would really like some performance on demand.

So there is source available for eee-control which has a mode that uses the preprogrammed bios settings like SHE (Super Hybrid Engine) I dunno but If someone is experianced in OSX and linux coding maybe we could have an app that could load with Snow and speed it or slow down the FSB just like she does. The source code is available here http://greg.geekmind.org/eee-control/

Is there an easy way to port this to Snow leopard at least as a 32 bit version (the N270/280 is 32 bit anyway) and well I got the N270 so SHE can give me N280 like performance when needed and even longer battery life than a working voodoopower kext would do if I could get it working.

Help

please

terramirĀ 

inimicus

inimicus

Drunk and Angry Slurs in 31 Flavors

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts
Old thread, but figured it's worth mentioning.

Latest version of Chameleon enables P- and C-states which would help with your battery performance.

Prior to this, the only way to get P- and C-states working was through editing your DSDT and defining them there. One of these two methods should give you power on demand and idle on... idle.

Goodluck.

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts
The vanilla Speedstep works fine with 1005HA, just write PLimitDict to the Platform plist and delete any disabler. Even Coolbook works if you like your own PStates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy