How to get a < $ 266.00 Dollar Hackintosh netbook running perfectly!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

benjamingranados

benjamingranados

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
See it in action >> THE VIDEO

Hi to all. This is my first post here, but I've read a lot of topics and for the whole Insanely Mac community that has helped me achieve my second hackintosh, I want to make this contribution. I've got an excellent installation of a hackintosh WITH ALMOST EVERYTHING RUNNING in my eMachines em250 netbook. IT COSTS AROUND 270 USD DOLLARS (Or in Mexico, ¡ 3,500 pesos en Wal-Mart !) It even has it's own network card working. As this eMachines netbook is almost the same as the Acer Aspire One, the guide I followed was this one (THANKS TO DIABLONET):

1.- Download iDeneb 1.4 from your favorite download site. (dont ask me where)
2.- Burn it at low speed, use good media and verify after burn.
3.- Insert DVD on External USB Drive.
4.- Turn on aspire one and hit F12 key.
5.- Boot from USB External DVD Drive.
6.- Wait for boot process.
7.- Click the button "-->" to continue, then "agree"
8.- Click on utilities / Disk Utility.
9.- Optional - Erase your actual data if you want to with right mouse click on partition then "Erase" and quit Disk Utility and run it again.
10.- Click on your hard drive, then "Partition", Volume Scheme "1 Partition", Name it: "Macintosh HD" for example, Options "Master Boot Record", "Apply", "Partition", quit Disk Utility.
11.- Select your disk then "Continue".
12.- "Customize", select only "Netbook-> Acer Aspire One A150" + "iDeneb Essential System" and if you need to, "Language Translations-> Your favorite language" (I did for Spanish).
13.- Hit "Install" then (Optional) click on disc verification "Skip".
14.- Wait for installation, it will restart when it finishes.
15.- During the boot process you will see the "Darwin boot" you must press any button and write on boot: "-x" (without quotes). If you miss this step you can manually shutdown and repeat this step.
16.- Follow the required data. (Select the ISO keyboard and set a password for your account).
17.- Login with your password.
19.- Download Diablo's iDeneb 1.4 tools from http://webmaster-mex...com/ideneb-v1_4 ... instalador extract it and install "DoNotSleep"and "GMA950" packages and reboot.
20.- Go to system preferences->energy saver, set both options to NEVER on power adapter and battery profiles.
21.- OPTIONAL - Full ISO Keyboard fix:
In the tools files, there is a folder "Keyboard ISO" inside of it there is a file called ApplePS2Keyboard.kext copy it into /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ to replace the original one.
(right click on /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext "Show package content")
BE CAREFUL: don't install it in /System/Extensions/ but INSIDE the ApplePS2Controller.kext you'll find there.
Open Terminal and type:
CODE: SELECT ALL
sudo su
(type username password)
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
rm /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

22.- From the tools files, copy the folder ShutdownSound into /Library/StartupItems
23.- From the tools files, run OSX86Tools and enable Quartz GL and reboot (If after the boot process it ask for fix something, just hit FIX)
24.- Run in terminal "diskutil repairPermissions /"
25.- Enjoy!

Update 1: Fix for slow boot thanks to buddy90210 for pointing this
If a SDHC card is inserted after installing iDeneb v1.4 it makes extremely slow boot, if the card is removed, it would boot fine, so you can remove the following files and it would boot fine with the SDHC card still in place.
CODE: SELECT ALL
/System/Library/Extensions/IOSDHCIBlockDevice.ktext
/System/Library/Extensions.ktext

THANKS TO DIABLONET :P ;) (para ver la guía en español: DiabloNet's Contribution GRACIAS PAISANO! ;) )

And I added the next steps:

26.- Look for the last bcm43xx_enabler.sh and install it, that will make the native network card work!
27.- Download the working ALC272 HD Audio Kext form here: ALC272 kext!

To make it even better, I installed it Windows 7 dual boot :D, but I rarely use it :rolleyes: .

With this instructions I could make this things work:
- Camera
- Sound
- Video (to run games perfectly!)
- Local Keyboard
- Touchpad (without gestures)
- Internal WiFi

The things I can't still have working:
- Headphones
- Internal Mic (I use an external USB mic)
- Sleep function
- I've not tried the SD Card unit but it apears to work

Known issues:
- Some bugs in the prefs panel (there are some buttons that sometimes disapear!)
- Some bugs with Safari in youtube (just download mozilla firefox and it will be perfect)
- When you use an external WiFi dongle, it sometimes crashes while working (At least with my Linksys that happened)
- When you install the internal WiFi it doesn't crashes anymore when you are working, but now it has some kernel panics at the apple start logo (just restart it 2 or 3 times. DON'T reinstall the entire OS unless you've tried several times!!!)

Any comments will be appreciated!

Benj@

benjamingranados

benjamingranados

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
For all those who are experiencing some difficulties about installing the network drivers, I leave this ZIP containing the bmc43xx_enabler.sh that I used for my em250 netbook. It has already been modified with the network card driver you need and the installation instructions. Greetings!

Attached Files

Panda11

Panda11

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

For all those who are experiencing some difficulties about installing the network drivers, I leave this ZIP containing the bmc43xx_enabler.sh that I used for my em250 netbook. It has already been modified with the network card driver you need and the installation instructions. Greetings!

I have this exact netbook and I have EVERYTHING working...

Except wifi. there's no point in using it if I can't have wifi. I followed your guide EXACTLY but wifi still doesn't work. Any help?

benjamingranados

benjamingranados

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

I have this exact netbook and I have EVERYTHING working...

Except wifi. there's no point in using it if I can't have wifi. I followed your guide EXACTLY but wifi still doesn't work. Any help?

Tell me, have you already installed double boot? with Windows you can tell me the model of your network card.

sb7

sb7

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks for this thread, I bought my wife one of these on sale for $199, and was just talking to her this morning about putting OSX on it.

Two questions, though.

First, hows the video performance? I was worried the graphics might be a little wimpy.
Second, is it possible to install from a USB dive?

Thanks again.

benjamingranados

benjamingranados

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks for this thread, I bought my wife one of these on sale for $199, and was just talking to her this morning about putting OSX on it.

Two questions, though.

First, hows the video performance? I was worried the graphics might be a little wimpy.
Second, is it possible to install from a USB dive?

Thanks again.

First - It has some tiny bugs with safari (in youtube) and in the prefs panel, but nothing to worry about, because if you install mozilla firefox it will be perfect.
Second - Yes, it's possible. I used an external DVD drive but as far as I now it's possible.

AppleMcDaniels

AppleMcDaniels

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have an EM250 and would love to put OSX on here... will my WIFI definitely work? How hard will it be to find a fix for my mic? I need that thing working...

Thanks! Good job!

chris weiler

chris weiler

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
sounds like a good idea to me, might give it a try on my old netbook

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
http://www.mymacnetb...atibility-chart

on a new succeeded computer install or for an improuvement

send a pm to admin

this will be easier for the admin to update the chart

and better for sharing experience :-)

lord pirate

lord pirate

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
And I added the next steps:

26.- Look for the last bcm43xx_enabler.sh and install it, that will make the native network card work!
27.- Download the working ALC272 HD Audio Kext form here: ALC272 kext!

man i used this tutorial for my eM250 emachines the think is all you post was really cool I apreciatte it, but, the thing is that I cannot make my wireless conection to work... I used the 3 patches the page you gave has (one by one) and nothing. :/ is there another way to activate my wireless conection? I really want it (who don't) :(

thanks man, great tutorial eventhough

niteshooter

niteshooter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I've installed OSX Snow Leopard 10.6 on my EM250 using the retail OSX install disk and NetbookInstaller w/ Chameleon 2 NBi.

The stock wireless card (Broadcom) will not work so I purchased a used Dell DW 1397 card which does work. Oddly the both cards read BCM94312HMG but the Dell card has more pins and works.

Wired network and sound do not work.

I can only get my EM250 to boot by booting from my USB bootloading disk and then switching startup disks. Anyone have a fix for this or am I overlooking something simple, did try loading the NetbookInstaller files to my boot disk but still get the boot0: error

v00ka

v00ka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Great turtorial thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy