Can't start Windows

MBP13

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

Just bought a new Imac in the last week and am already having trouble getting Windows 7 (which installed perfectly on my '08 Macbook) to get going.

I install everything without any problem at all, during the install the Mac restarts a few times - no problem. The issue is, once the install is finished (when i have just set the time and date ready to begin) Windows says 'Welcome' and then 'Shutting Down'... I assume ready for one final restart. When it loads back up it says "press any key to boot from disc" which i leave for it to boot straight into Windows. But it doesn't. It does nothing. Even if i try to press a key to go back in to the disc it does nothing. If i manually reboot using the option key and try loading windows it will just sit there with a flashing underscore on the same black screen. (I seem to remember it doing this for a while the first time i booted windows on my macbook, with the exception, this one never loads)

I though my problem was to do with my bluetooth keyboard/ mouse not doing anything due to the lack of drivers but i've tried with a USB keyboard and mouse to no avail.

On my 3rd install now and it's getting a little frustrating. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Martyn

Sorry for the double post but i think i have the problem but still no solution. According to this, my Mac doesn't have the necessary Bluetooth or graphics drivers for Windows (http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3173)

The problem is, the only drivers it gives have to be used in Windows at first (supposing you are upgrading windows opposed to installing fresh) so i can't get them. Can anyone tell me a way around this or perhaps where i can get the correct drivers?

Thanks,

Martyn