rhd 5500/5600/5830

netkas

152 posts in this topic

Jeez, mobility isnt supported atm.

You say no mobility support yet the plist in ATI5000Controller and ATIRadeonX3000 include mobility hardware Id's. 0x68C01002 for example is a Mobility 5730. In fact 0x68E- 0x68C- and 0x68A- are all mobility chips.

I've tried to install with kext from netkas sumua, FB runs perfect but qE / CI why can not yet active as well.

install the following stages

ATI5000Controller.kext

ATIFramebuffer.kext

ATISupport.kext

ATY_Init.kext

ATIRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

ATIRadeonX3000GA.plugin

and last I install ATIRadeonX3000VADriver.bundle

the results after installing all the above like this kext

screenshot20100730at113.png

screenshot20100730at113.png

please help me to get QE/CI

My HW HIS 5670 1gb

You say no mobility support yet the plist in ATI5000Controller and ATIRadeonX3000 include mobility hardware Id's. 0x68C01002 for example is a Mobility 5730. In fact 0x68E- 0x68C- and 0x68A- are all mobility chips.

You're right infact ,when i realized that mobiliy id where in plist file, 1 week ago i asked on netkas.org if netkas added theese ids but no answer. I continue to pray

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but what about cards with DisplayPort, HDMI and DVI-I?

Are there any problems with those working together?

Does someone uses one of those cards with full success?

Sapphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E D-Sub (VGA), DVI-I, HDMI

SKU: 11168-02, 11168-02-20R, 11168-06, EAN: 4895106250505.

Sapphire HD5670 512MB GDDR5 PCIE Display Port, DVI-I, HDMI

SKU: 11168-07-20R, EAN: 4895106250895

What brand are you using?

Thanks

Hi

I have a HIS HD5830 on SL 10.6.4 with full resolution with two monitors and everything works except QE/CI.

Now i was wondering...i have entered my ATI card ID in ATI5000Controller.kext do i need to enter it in ATIRadeonX3000.kext as well? for QE/CI to work?

Sorry if it doesn't make sense n00b here <------- :(

and also a Big thanks to everyone that helps out in here... :wacko:

sys specs:

ATI Radeon HD 5830

GA X58A-UD7

6 GB Corsair Mem

a bunch of hard drives

and two Acer monitors

if i can help someone with the same specs let me know

Please, someone succeeded installing ATI 5570?

If so, please post what steps did you take?

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

20100808 After googling and chating on the IRC finally get it done.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Big Thanks to lastExile & Netkas, and all you out there making it possible.

Only thing I can't get 1440x900 resolution. any idea??? :)

:(:(;):unsure::unsure:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Only thing I can't get 1440x900 resolution. any idea??? :(

I have posted the same in another thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1528782

Please accept my congrats to all those who have joyfully cheered their success.

Especially to Netkas and lastExile and all others have helped in the community.

Can you please let us know what manufacturer, model, chipset, especially 'part numbers, revision of the video card', and even the color of the packaging of your successful adapters?

I know there are permutations to the motherboards, rams, bios etc.

But for starter, the crucial piece in this endeavor -- video card.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Please 'DON'T' keep us in suspense anymore.

Hey, i see DavidDemon, got his graphics card working. Well i bought a Dell Studio XPS 9100. And everything is working (even tho i cant find an DSDT) except the graphics card (the ATI Radeon HD 5670). I've tried to install all the kexts in the package, without the ATI3000.kext, by reading the comments above, i still dont know what to do, can you guys help me with this. Im desperate to get the computer working. Could you give me some instructions or something? Thanks in advance.

HD5670 Success !!!!

hd5670.jpg

Summary install

1. Install Cards nVidia. or your vga card non card series 5xxx

2. download http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GD553MYQ and install.

3. download http://mirror.netkas.org/ATY_Init.kext.zip and install using kext utility.

4. edit com.apple.Boot.plist in /Extra.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>No</string>

5. Restart. use nVidia Card. if do not have problem Shutdown and replace the ATi Card.

Success !!!!

Credit : tmongkol @ www.digiplankton.com @ Thailand

HD5670 Success !!!!

hd5670.jpg

Summary install

3. download http://mirror.netkas.org/ATY_Init.kext.zip and install using kext utility.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

5. Restart. use nVidia Card. if do not have problem Shutdown and replace the ATi Card.

Success !!!!

i have a 9800gt card on my other computer, il try installing the ati 5670 like you, il keep you updated. Thanks.

HD5670 Success !!!!

Summary install

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>No</string>

Success !!!!

--------------------

CPU : Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 2.50 GHz

Mainboard : GIGABYTE GA-EP41-UD3

Ram : 4 GB Kingston DDR2 800 (2GB x 2)

HDD : Western Digital 160GB + Samsung 750GB

VGA : GeForce 9400GT 512MB / HIS HD5670 1GB

Audio : Realtek ALC888

Lan : Realtek RTL8111C

Monitor: Acer P195HQ

OS 1 : Windows 7 Ultimate X64 Sp1 | OS 2 : OSX Snow Leopard 10.6.4

Thank you _MAC_BABY_ for sharing this hot information.

Finally and especially, in your signature there is the magic video card - brand and name - there may be many others good cards or bad cards out there, at the least, we know there is this card out there truly will give us a direction.

I have no idea why so many success stories yield only a couple of 'named' cards. It feels like some one 'will'; after seeing the successful 'card' installs will go out and buy all of them and then try to sell all those with astronomical premiums to make a fortune by keeping it an elusive secret.

All the quoted 'HD 5xxx' is meaningless when seeking or providing help, so:

Brand or manufacturer:

Chipset and VRAM type and size and speed:

Part Number:

Revison Number (if any):

Bus Type:(optional)

Link or URL:(Optional):

But at least the first three, so that no one will be on a wild hunt for moon dust, but try to come understanding and may be leading a solution.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Only thing I can't get 1440x900 resolution. any idea??? :rolleyes:

How did you get it to work? I have the same card but unfortunately, I'm a super noob. :P

Also, did you get QE/CI working?

HD5670 not working!~

what the eeek are you talking about Opengl 3.0 has never worked in tests cuz apple is too damn lazy to add proper 3.0 support and we are at what 4.0 soon

Heyyo,

What netkas meant is he does not support the mobility chips yet. Look at other releases, mobility is always last on the list of stuff to do. Get desktops working, then work on notebooks. Just have patience, he's done a lot of progress and to that I tip my hat. ;)

I'm sure the main issue is how do to video out to the LCD's. I dont' get a blackscreen myself with this new aty_init.kext and such, but I get a white screen with random colored vertical lines. :)

Heyyo,

What netkas meant is he does not support the mobility chips yet. Look at other releases, mobility is always last on the list of stuff to do. Get desktops working, then work on notebooks. Just have patience, he's done a lot of progress and to that I tip my hat. :(

I'm sure the main issue is how do to video out to the LCD's. I dont' get a blackscreen myself with this new aty_init.kext and such, but I get a white screen with random colored vertical lines. :)

+1 to Netkas as well.

I have been reading a lot. All I could see so far everyone asking 5670 or 5570 etc. to the tone equal to begging.

I know I have posted just a couple of clarifications in a gentle manner.

So far, HD 5xxx, I am repeating again, is 'meaningless', because HD 5670 is equivalent to our daily questions - Is it hot out there today? - what temperature -humidity etc make the 'hot' a general understanding 'hot' but how hot or etc in not there.

These HD 5xxx or what not does not help. And a lot of the successful poster 'happened' to forget to let us in on it.

Please quote:

Brand or manufacturer:

Chipset and VRAM type and size and speed:

Part Number:

Revison Number (if any):

Bus Type:(optional)

Link or URL:(Optional):

But at least the first three, so that no one will be on a wild hunt for moon dust, but try to come understanding and may be leading a solution.

I can give the example of Sapphire 5670 has serveral part numbers - and they could mean the same thing or with slightly different physical and electronical differences and they do make a difference.

And the provider of information and asking for a solution can visualize - where DSDT comes from why a ROM dump is necessary. And why would an item work after the device ID is included in the boot plist?

I am so mistyfied by the unwillingless by majority of the 'successful installs' after they have gotten help from someone else other than themselver and neglected to mention the most important information when help is being asked and help is being provided. Like so:

Hey, i see DavidDemon, got his graphics card working. Well i bought a Dell Studio XPS 9100. And everything is working (even tho i cant find an DSDT) except the graphics card (the ATI Radeon HD 5670). I've tried to install all the kexts in the package, without the ATI3000.kext, by reading the comments above, i still dont know what to do, can you guys help me with this. Im desperate to get the computer working. Could you give me some instructions or something? Thanks in advance.

But if IRC: since July 20th, someone asl the above mentioned successful installer at no time even being asked in the other thread has yet to reveal the exact video card. I have looked all over and wasted a lot of time, not just here in these threads but elsewhere.

And so as another thread with the HD xxxx totally missing in another thread over at Netkas. And then another in discussing right here regarding a 5570 card.

In engineering, motherboard BIOS, video firmware, lan card firmware and drivers etc., in these forums and threads, the BIOSes, Firmwares etc. should be a big hint: why are they there, of course, the real electronics components dictate that; for the asking and the helping.

Otherwise, it is just burning keycaps and bandwidth.

I am sorry. I have been observing from a different perspective.

Just so, as a clearer indication to our predicaments, why are there more than one Q8300 CPU, one has the VT-x and the others does not

http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?spec=SLB5W

There, if ther is someone say I 'got the Q8300 into the VT-x', but no one mention to a poor soul that the SPEC code is important to get into the VT-x mode, then everyone else will search until the next-next-generation of 2560 pin-grid new live CPU comes around and shipped in RUBIC's cube format with pin 1 on one round corner.

Why are there Gigabyte motherboards GA-MA785-US2H rev, 1.0, 1.1, 1.3 and then 3.3 within 9 months' or less time? And there are different revisions of BIOSes and even drivers as well.

And the best is the G41 ES2L big jackpot - Rev.1 and 2 use different LAN chips etc.

Well, I could have told you here but, please go find out. At the least, I am here to say to find out with all the revision numbers given out here. If you didn't go check, then, the USB charging capabilities for Ipods or devices are not included in some of the revisions.

I hope with these examples, let us help each others out by quoting all the most important information and ultimately letting the manufacturers know we know the differences.

Please everyone should be able to give the most pertinent information right.

Such as who manufactured the HD5670 that was successful on July 20th to start, i have thanked _MAC_BABY_ already by quoting the HIS 5670 version, but I don't know the memory size (I missed it he did have 1GB) or what ports are on it - VGA, DVI, HDMI or display port, -- remember the newer mac use display ports. And if not remember everyone was swapping the monitor or need to hook up the dvi-vga or vga-dvi or etc tor to get the monitors up and running.

I hope what I propose here can reduce a lot of headaches, time, resources both financially and mentally for everyone.

Thanks for your reading and understanding.

If these does not make sense to you, please accept my apology.

Well guys it seems that my XFX Radeon HD5670 512Mb won't work...

I installed iAtkos S3 V2 by default, except a few kexts for my PS2 keyboard, sound and wired ethernet.

The only resolution I get is 1024x768. So I read the entire thread about this card and none of this methods seem to work.

If I install the whole drivers package (i mean, including ATY_init and ATIRadeonX3000.kext) I get a Kernel Panic. If I install all the drivers EXCEPTING ATIRadeonX3000.kext, when it is supposed that the desktop will appear, it freezes.

The only way I think it would work is trying some different Framebuffers but I don't really understand how they work. Would anyone help me, please? I've been waiting for this kexts for some months and I'm getting really angry watching how some other users are capable to make this card run, and I don't get anything...

Thank you.