Updating Hazard Snow Leopard 10.6.2 to 10.6.4

17 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if there was a way of installing the new Snow Leopard update safety with Hazard`s Snow Leopard`s distro. I tried to update already but I got the `you must restart your computer now`kernel panic.

My Specs:

Dell Inspiron 530

Quad Core Q6600

3 GB Ram

500 Gb Harddrive

ATI Radeon 2600 XT

Thanks for all the help. ;)

actually, hey I had an idea. You know how you can download separate updates by itself in the form of an .iso. Would it work if I did that and then just explored the .iso for the OSInstall.mpkg. It`s like the exact same thing as what you do when you have leopard and u are installing the retail Snow Leopard disk. So would that be able to work.

follow what procedure :S

All i do is press the update button , it updates successfully and then it asks for a restart and BAM, kernel panic. I would love to know the procedure you have been following. thanks.:)

use arch=i386 -f -v

and discover what's causing the KP

Portuguese

Sorry

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=221281

use the search forum

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to know if there was a way of installing the new Snow Leopard update safety with Hazard`s Snow Leopard`s distro. I tried to update already but I got the `you must restart your computer now`kernel panic.

My Specs:

Dell Inspiron 530

Quad Core Q6600

3 GB Ram

500 Gb Harddrive

ATI Radeon 2600 XT

Thanks for all the help. :)

When it boot up try to use -v -f see it work

So Noob question, you back up the extensions, then I assume you restore them after update? What would the process be? Is it as simple as just reversing the command?

I have been fighting for months to get a working install on my AMD system, I have 10.6 working but would like to fully update, so any help is appreciated.

Hello Everyone,

My Specs:

Dell Inspiron 530

Quad Core Q6600

3 GB Ram

500 Gb Harddrive

ATI Radeon 2600 XT

Thanks for all the help. :wacko:

I did it.

First, download 10.6.4 combo update from apple's website

Then download Legacy Kernel 10.6.4 (search this site)

If you have it, delete SMBIOS.kext (I did not have it but some people are reporting problems with it).

Install Combo update, DO NOT CLICK REBOOT at the end

Install legacy Kernel

Reboot

follow what procedure :S

All i do is press the update button , it updates successfully and then it asks for a restart and BAM, kernel panic. I would love to know the procedure you have been following. thanks.:)

Hi. Very first step to resolve your issue is to know what is the problem. You can know that by typing “debug=0×144″ or “debug=0x14e” (without quote) at your boot (F8).

Watch for what causing KP.

Hello, I´ve been using snow leopard since... yesterday. and I´ve been using windows since 1995, so I´m an ignorant in everything about Mac. I updated this morning to 10.6.4 and got the message: "you must restart your computer".

I don´t know any thing about kext, but with a little help I know I´ll manage to learn.

please excuse my english, my primary language is spanish.

So, my specs are:

Asus p6x58d premium.

Intel i7 930.

evga gtx260 sc.

6gb ddr3 1333mhz.

when installing I just typed "-v cpus=1 busratio=21"

and later, when asked for drivers I selected: video-nvenabler, audio-alc889a, lan-marvel yukon 88e8056, mac_os_x 10.6.2,

chameleon_rc_3_pcefi_10.5, and rosetta.

everything works like a charmed!!!

so, please, please, please, somebody make a little guide for me.

I alredy installed 10.6.2 again.

Thank you!.

do the boot with -f -v

Post a photo

Ok, I did booted with -f -v, but o don't really know when to take a picture, and do I supposed to upgrade to 10.6.4 again to get the information you need?

thank you!

I did it.

First, download 10.6.4 combo update from apple's website

Then download Legacy Kernel 10.6.4 (search this site)

If you have it, delete SMBIOS.kext (I did not have it but some people are reporting problems with it).

Install Combo update, DO NOT CLICK REBOOT at the end

Install legacy Kernel

Reboot

this worked flawlessly for me, running an acer aspire 1410-2039, try it out guys

core2 and core i

support vanilla

not need to install the legacy

use the search forum

see what is or is not compatible with the original kernel

*10.4.0 Darwin kernel - all Core i3/i5/i7

• 2 weeks later...

My Intel system updated easy, just had to delete sleepenabler.kext and reinstall after update. It's my AMD machines I struggle with. I have updated my triple core but my M2N4-SLI machine that is my latest project KP's all over the place. Not much help in the nForce4 department. It runs 10.6 Hazard well, but I can't get 10.6.2 to boot after install and I can't update from 10.6. I'm currently trying to mod my 10.6.4 install from the Dell and get it to boot on the nForce machine. Not very elegant but we will see if it works.

I used this distro to try and make my Dimension 8400 into a OSXPC but can not get past the kernal panic on boot. What can I do?

My Intel system updated easy, just had to delete sleepenabler.kext and reinstall after update. It's my AMD machines I struggle with. I have updated my triple core but my M2N4-SLI machine that is my latest project KP's all over the place. Not much help in the nForce4 department. It runs 10.6 Hazard well, but I can't get 10.6.2 to boot after install and I can't update from 10.6. I'm currently trying to mod my 10.6.4 install from the Dell and get it to boot on the nForce machine. Not very elegant but we will see if it works.