3 n00b Questions ...

1 post in this topic

I'm getting ready to try Hackintoshing for the first time. Here's my setup:

I have a Asus P6T Deluxe V2 with an Intel 920 CPU, 6 GB RAM, and an nVidia 285 GPU.

I also have my SATA hard drives configured as a 1.5 TB RAID 5 array + 0.5 TB RAID 0 array. The hard drives have a Win7x64 installation on a partition of the 1.5 TB RAID array, and a Fedora 12 installation on a partition of the RAID 0 array. My internal DVD is a SATA device as well. I don't have any IDE devices.

I was planning on installing my Snow Leopard OSX onto a 50 GB partition on the RAID 0 array (for now, maybe larger later).

Question 1: Can I install OSX onto the 50 GB partition of the RAID 0 array without bonking up the rest of my partitions? I definitely need the Windows partition working properly for business.

Question 2: What will act as the OS Boot Manager if I successfully get OSX installed (Chameleon? Empire EFI?)? I probably want to use EasyBCD if I can, since I want to make sure that the Windows OS is bootable, no matter what.

Question 3: I have tried using Empire EFI 1.085 to get OSX installed, but I always see a "Still waiting for root device". I assume this is because I am trying to install on a RAID array. Is there a solution for this?

Thanks for any help!

AzJazz