Crazy Idea, Need Some Help

2 posts in this topic

So here's my idea that I'm trying to make a reality. Right now I have an 80 GB Western Digital internal hard drive that has been taken out of a desktop computer. I'm using a 40-pin USB adapter to connect the hard drive to my laptop, virtually making the internal drive an external drive. Now here's what I want to do: I want to partition the drive into four partitions and install Windows XP, Windows 7, Ubuntu, and Snow Leopard on it and have them all be bootable from any computer via USB using a bootloader (Chameleon).

Thoughts? Help? I'm sure something like this has been done before. It's definitely possible, I already was able to install XP on the USB drive by editing a few files on the installation disk.

im all about this, I now have an extra esata 500gb harddrive and i would like to for recovery on any machine setup a crazy mutliboot with a mac disk util + idefrag and some others/ and then ubuntu and xp using chameleon

I believe the only issue with this is the OS x, will have to be customized to run on a specific machine, unless it is has os x on it with a chameleon bootloader already on the machine that would take care of any kekts ect.....