Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

guys, just got my macbook pro 2011 13 inch i5, anything i can do tell me.

ill keep coming here everyday to see how you guys are doing. good luck and let me know if i can help

I think it would be generally useful to get the full ioreg, that is the output files from this shell command, named ioreg-<name of plane>.txt

for n in IOACPIPlane IOPower IODeviceTree IOService IOUSB ; do ioreg -lw300 -p $n > ioreg-$n.txt ; done

And I'd particularly like to see just the IOService (so, run: ioreg -lw300 -p IOService > ioreg-filename.txt) under as many different external-monitor-attached-type situations as you can think of. Especially if you can get hold of lots of different cables and adapters for that and maybe try using the thunderbolt port like mini-dp for more than one connection. Thanks!

Great work! Can finally get full-screen Flash in any browser and watch my movies from XBMC :)

As others had mentioned, I get a KP when I full-screen a graphics accelerated application and the lines on the screen on various apps which can only be removed by moving the window around. Scaling the window up to the entire desktop size fixes this issue though, so I can live with that.

I think it would be generally useful to get the full ioreg, that is the output files from this shell command, named ioreg-<name of plane>.txt

for n in IOACPIPlane IOPower IODeviceTree IOService IOUSB ; do ioreg -lw300 -p $n > ioreg-$n.txt ; done

And I'd particularly like to see just the IOService (so, run: ioreg -lw300 -p IOService > ioreg-filename.txt) under as many different external-monitor-attached-type situations as you can think of. Especially if you can get hold of lots of different cables and adapters for that and maybe try using the thunderbolt port like mini-dp for more than one connection. Thanks!

sorry, can you do a step by step for these things. thanks

Just installed Lion DP4 here :(

It seems to have full CI/QE/GL, but the damn black screen remains. :(

good to know

can you please share your Extra folder, kexts and so on

thanks

update :

did it myself

a nogo like 10.6.7

only blackscreen and screensharing

Just installed Lion DP4 here :D

It seems to have full CI/QE/GL, but the damn black screen remains. :unsure:

Man I can't wait to test the official release of OS X Lion on my laptop. :D Didn't they say that OS X Lion will have improved graphics rendering and performance? It seems that Intel HD Graphics (Arranadale) is able to handle those improvements. I'm guessing those DP4 Intel HD Kexts have been updated.

======================

@MAik What Intel HD Kexts do you have loaded on your OS X Lion DP4? Hopefully the Framebuffer loads correctly now. Of course the LCD resolution will probably still be the same, if not just a black screen.

======================

...and may I remind you guys that putting the Lion kexts onto Snow Leopard may not really make a difference. It won't have the graphics improvements that OS X Lion has under the hood.

Man I can't wait to test the official release of OS X Lion on my laptop. :unsure: Didn't they say that OS X Lion will have improved graphics rendering and performance? It seems that Intel HD Graphics (Arranadale) is able to handle those improvements. I'm guessing those DP4 Intel HD Kexts have been updated.

======================

@MAik What Intel HD Kexts do you have loaded on your OS X Lion DP4? Hopefully the Framebuffer loads correctly now. Of course the LCD resolution will probably still be the same, if not just a black screen.

======================

...and may I remind you guys that putting the Lion kexts onto Snow Leopard may not really make a difference. It won't have the graphics improvements that OS X Lion has under the hood.

I moved AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to / If a leave them on Extensions folder I get the black screen.

These screenshot were taken through Screen Sharing, with AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext on Extensions folder.

Kexts on Extra:

FakeSMC

EvoReboot

And some specific to my Lenovo

Kexts on Extension:

VoodooPS2 (from here VoodooPS2)

VoodooHDA

Bootloader:

Chameleon RC5 Lion

i install here and make this video:

how to fix it can you explan ple?

a quick view on lion dp4. just fantastic

Quindi da quello che ho capito, con osx lion si ha la scheda intel hd 5700 funzionante di default in modo nativo giusto? Chi è riuscito ad installarlo può rilasciare sul forum tutti i file che ha utilizzato per poter bootare ed installare lion? Grazie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So from what I understand, you have the lion with osx intel hd 5700 card working natively by default right? Who is able to install it on the forum can release all the files used to boot and install lion? thanks

It seems that progress of getting Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) has slowed down... and as usual none of the experts are willing to help :wacko: . Unfortunately the Chameleon Bootloader team aren't improving the compatibility for our Intel HD Graphics either.

But then again I am waiting to install OS X Lion on my hackintosh. I've heard that Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) works best under Lion due to the improvements made under the hood as well as the improved Intel HD Graphics kexts.

This thread will probably be active again once people here start installing OS X Lion. I will probably make a new guide on how to get QE/CI to work on Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) in Lion.

So from my understanding Lion supports Intel HD right out of the box right?

No. Where are you getting that idea from?

It would also contradict my observations that it works worse with each GL driver revision.

Certo che non poter utilizzare il mac solo per una scheda di mer*a è triste come cosa e ti fa girare i marun.

Attualmente non essendoci supporto adeguato è abbastanza complicato far bootare lion ed installarlo.

Che dire gente, aspetteremo tempi migliori, ammesso che questi arrivino. Ciao ciao

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course you can not use the machine for only one card in Mer * and I was sad as it spins the Marun.

Currently as there is no proper support is quite complicated to install and boot lion.

What about people, wait for better times, if they arrive. hello hello

It seems that progress of getting Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) has slowed down... and as usual none of the experts are willing to help :unsure: . Unfortunately the Chameleon Bootloader team aren't improving the compatibility for our Intel HD Graphics either.

But then again I am waiting to install OS X Lion on my hackintosh. I've heard that Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) works best under Lion due to the improvements made under the hood as well as the improved Intel HD Graphics kexts.

This thread will probably be active again once people here start installing OS X Lion. I will probably make a new guide on how to get QE/CI to work on Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) in Lion.

really? i have update mac to LION DP4.

but with FB.KEXT added, it can't start OSX normally

anyway, wait for your great news

really? i have update mac to LION DP4.

but with FB.KEXT added, it can't start OSX normally

anyway, wait for your great news

Puoi uppare sul forum a disposizione di tutti, i file (cartella extra ecc.) che hai usato per il boot e l'installazione di lion dp4? Grazie. Potranno essere di aiuto a molti

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can upload on the forum available to all the files (extra folder etc..) That you used to boot and install DP4 lion? Thank you. May be helpful to many

Moin,

i found something interesting .... I loaded the driver in IDA pro it is a disessembler. it automatically detects the functions (from the FB driver.) There is a function that turns the display black.

That fits to the fact, that u first get a short blue starting screen and than later it turns black. I tried to delete the function for testing but so far ia was not able to recompile the driver. ... it is very complicate.

Maybe these function is required for sleep as well. .... (sleep --> display turns black) But for testing if that gives us the clue I want to delete these function. I can tell where it begins and where it ends .... but how do i delete ?

We need one of these persons that have more exp in Ida Pro ....

Moin,

i found something interesting .... I loaded the driver in IDA pro it is a disessembler. it automatically detects the functions (from the FB driver.) There is a function that turns the display black.

That fits to the fact, that u first get a short blue starting screen and than later it turns black. I tried to delete the function for testing but so far ia was not able to recompile the driver. ... it is very complicate.

Maybe these function is required for sleep as well. .... (sleep --> display turns black) But for testing if that gives us the clue I want to delete these function. I can tell where it begins and where it ends .... but how do i delete ?

We need one of these persons that have more exp in Ida Pro ....

Great to hear that. What a progress. Thank you XmodD!

I think we now just need a expert in Ida Pro

To be honest, I think if we have to choose between (i) Full QE/CI with FB or (ii) Sleep, I think everyone will choose the first one!!!!

To be honest, I desperately need (i) on my X201 with Intel HD Graphics only because I need Keynote lol