Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

I update 10.6.6 with original hd kexts, removed the fb kext, I still get the external 1280x1024x32 using vga without QE/CI of course and plist set to 1280x1024x32.

I guess Gateway NV Laptops with Intel HD Graphics are capable of displaying custom resolution using the VGA port. Whenever I want to use Mac OS X I just connect an external monitor. -_-

@ltoozdotcom Does Mac OS X tell you your using Intel HD Graphics? For some reason Mac OS X can't detect my Intel HD Graphics GPU even though it works. Pretty weird.

=============

Has the idea of creating a custom Intel HD Graphics Frame Buffer been abandoned? Seems there hasn't been an update on that. :thumbsup_anim:

Mac OS X doesn't detect my HD5700 either, it just displays gpu and device id only. It doesn't say what chipset it is. HD5700 is too inferior for Apple to even use. Intel should just kill the graphics unit, it's driving Apple away.

writing an own FB, is not that easy yes we have aport, but there is a big problem by the basic dif. between the oldFB and the new drivers generation. ... I hope, that there ll be a BSD driver soon. When there is. ... it ll be easy to get the driver to load. ...

btw. I need people with working QE (without the FB.kext) can u upload an reg. dump? Is there something like. .boot_display?

This is set by the IntelHD.kext, when the FB is not turned off. This sets the Display to Gen575. ... So we need to inject it, when the FB is running. ... This sets the boot display. By standard it is set to the NVIDIA. .... But it is complex and can not be injected by a simple EFI String. ...

XmodD

btw. I need people with working QE (without the FB.kext) can u upload an reg. dump? Is there something like. .boot_display?

It's my pleasure to contribute something to this work. but you need to tell me how to export the useful dump for you :)

Here is mine, I think =P Dev ID 8086:0046

Working CI, unsure about QE. On a Dell latitude E4300.

Custom resolution working, external monitor not working. Custom resolution working.

Heavy distortions from time to time and crash on fullscreen video.

Edit: Had to .zip it so the forum accept it

akataka.zip

IORegistry Dump:

Gateway NV5932u

Internal Display (No custom resolution)

External VGA Display (Boot.plist custom resolution works)

Partial QE/CI Working

Hope this helps XModD. ;)

====================================

So Dell Latitude Laptops are capable of having custom resolution on their Internal LCD but their VGA output isn't working? That's weird.

While us Gateway NV Laptops don't have custom resolution on our Internal LCD but are able to use the VGA output and have custom resolution. Interesting.

GatewayNV5932u_IODump.zip

IORegistry Dump:

Gateway NV5932u

Internal Display (No custom resolution)

External VGA Display (Boot.plist custom resolution works)

Partial QE/CI Working

Hope this helps XModD. :(

Nulla togliere alla buona volontà di xmodD, ma ne dubito fortemente, in quanto come lui stesso ha detto, non è un programmatore e vuole imparare così su due piedi, per sviluppare il driver FB di apple. Direi che è quasi assurdo, (a meno che non sia davvero un genio xmodD :)) che riesca ad imparare in poco tempo a sviluppare un driver. Purtroppo ci vogliono anni di studio, non è così semplice come lui crede. Apprezzo la sua tenacia, ma purtroppo non basta e deve studiare sodo, se un giorno vuole saper sviluppare drive e quant'altro. Questa è la semplice realtà dei fatti.

Purtroppo questa volta apple ha sconfitto il mondo hack, inq quanto non siamo ancora riusciti a far funzionare la iintel HD e quindi a vincere. Arrivati a questo punto, considerando il troppo tempo che è passato, forse non ci riusciremo mai a farla funzionare. Pazienza, per chi vuole usare osx in ambiente hack, vorrà dire che dovrà cambiare pc se può/appena può.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detracting from the good will of xmodD, but I highly doubt, because as he said, not a programmer and want to learn it on the spot, to develop the driver FB apple. I guess that's almost absurd (unless it is really a genius xmodD:)) that is able to learn quickly to develop a driver. Unfortunately it takes years of study, is not as easy as he thinks. I appreciate your tenacity, but unfortunately not enough and must study hard, if one day wants to be able to develop and drive more. This is the simple reality.

Unfortunately, this time Apple has defeated the world hack, inq what we have not yet managed to run the iintel HD and then you win. At this point, considering that too much time has passed, perhaps we will never get it to work. Patience for those who want to use osx in a hack, it means that it may have to change pc / just can not.

I wouldnt be so pessimistic, I have faith in XmodD :(

No I am not holding a degree in C++ and i am also not a genius !! I am a web developer and Biology student, that is the through. (never said anything else )

But it seems, that I am one of the less ones looking for a solution. And if there is no other crack programmer outside, i preform it to look for a solution by my own. Better than no one dies research. I am about 1 year having a notebook I do not use (Intel HD on OS X os not running) and since then I am looking for an solution.

The Problem why we not just can take the RadeonHD driver (as I hoped, that it is possible) and add our intel driver for a workaround FB that detects resolution etc is cause there is a missing support for KMS. ... Until we do not get it, the driver can maybe run and compile but it ll not get us an output.

So I am waiting or better I suspend writing a FB until the BSD community releases a really working FB for IntelHD.

Yes i often switch in my ideas about the solutions. But that is normal, as long as we do not have a roadmap we can follow.

I wrote for help cause I wanted to invent if these .boot_display is not only set by my notebook. No the posts shows, that is is always set by IntelHD.kext solo. So that is what we should focus on.

Maybe a complex EFI string or a FakeSMC plugin can inject these .boot_display while running intelHDFB.kext

Its best to remove the NVidia kexts because what's the point in having them? It just makes your hackintosh load useless kexts.

The lines that you see are distortions. The reason for this is because AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB kext is not loaded. As of now the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB does NOT work. Its an issue that we have do deal with for now.

However your Intel HD Graphics now has QE/CI. :(

After a lot of trouble and install and uninstall, i finally got it!!!, yes, I finally got QE/CI!!!!

thnx for GhostRider!!!

but as many of us, i also got the distortion lines, :S but well... i can see videos and pics now, also I dont have sleep (big surprise) and in some point I didnt have wi-fi and usb mount...

Well, i'll still trying whatever i can to get custom res, hope to someone find a solution soon...

btw, i got a KP when i try to fullscreen...

and i think thats all!!! thanx to averybody!!!! any progress i'll post!!! cheers!!!

After a lot of trouble and install and uninstall, i finally got it!!!, yes, I finally got QE/CI!!!!

thnx for GhostRider!!!

but as many of us, i also got the distortion lines, :S but well... i can see videos and pics now, also I dont have sleep (big surprise) and in some point I didnt have wi-fi and usb mount...

Well, i'll still trying whatever i can to get custom res, hope to someone find a solution soon...

btw, i got a KP when i try to fullscreen...

and i think thats all!!! thanx to averybody!!!! any progress i'll post!!! cheers!!!

So I guess this is in SNOW LEOPARD! Tell Us exackly what u did and provide some screenshots as well! Big ups!

He propably just followed the instruction in this first post?

Seems he has the exact same workings and nonworkings as me, except on Dell we get custom res

So I guess this is in SNOW LEOPARD! Tell Us exackly what u did and provide some screenshots as well! Big ups!

Hi everybody!, well in fact i followed the GhostRider instructions, and my hackintosh is near the perfection now, everything works great!, is a very solid installation, the only thing is the distortion lines and of course the crash when i try to fullscreen a video or a movie.

In the other hand, i would like to ask, if the heat is "normal" or should i install something to handle it, and if there is a blue ray hack or a kinda player software for mac because the dvd doesn't play BR discs...

and sorry for the lack of screenshots, but i cant do it, i guess is for the resolution or whatever,... thnx for everything...

and yes, im running on snow leopard 10.6.7 now!!!

cheers!

10) Install AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext and AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver Bundle. Repair kext cache and permissions. ONLY INSTALL THESE TWO!

==============================================================

Get the necessary files here:

Darwin Vanilla Kernel 10.7 Download

Intel HD Graphics Kexts (Early MacBook Pro 2011) Download

Am beginning to feel that working on the Frambuffer kext from the Early MacBook Pro 2011 Kexts can resolve refresh rate issues, and perhaps looking into DSDT can simply enable full resolution! Any considerations on this is worth it, because Intel GMA4500 and some 3100 enabled resolution patching DSDT.

irako what is your screen resolution? do u also have the slide effect, that sometimes if u move a window, the refreshing rate does not seem to update?

Hi XmodD, i have the horrible 1024x768 res :wacko: and i don't know what slide effect you are talking about, i think you are talking about when the distortion lines appear and i move the window they disappeared, and i don't know even how to check if the refresh rate update...

sorry that i couldn't help you... :unsure:

today i was testing around the FB with idaq and i found, that the SNBgFB has a function for LVDS and VGA Port. The normal HDFB does not have these function ...

someone else ever udes idaq to analyze the FB?

today i was testing around the FB with idaq and i found, that the SNBgFB has a function for LVDS and VGA Port. The normal HDFB does not have these function ...

someone else ever udes idaq to analyze the FB?