Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

OK today I made a litte stepp forward ... I added the Intel Linux Driver to the RadeonHD Project. ....

"Only" 6356 Errors left. ... I have got a problem with the x org linux server. not sure how I have to handle it. ... tomorrow i ll try to find a solution .... When I am a bigger step closer I ll update my files. ...

btw. ....

The original Radeon HD files also are not compile able ...

OK today I made a litte stepp forward ... I added the Intel Linux Driver to the RadeonHD Project. ....

"Only" 6356 Errors left. ... I have got a problem with the x org linux server. not sure how I have to handle it. ... tomorrow i ll try to find a solution .... When I am a bigger step closer I ll update my files. ...

Good to hear that progress is being made XmodD :) . Take as much time as needed. If you need any testers you know where to find us. :angel:

:whistle:Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Report #4

:excl:This report is only for people who have an external monitor that uses a VGA cable and that your hackintosh has a built-in VGA port.

As we know, the built-in display in our hackintosh can only display 1024x768. As of now there is no fix for this yet. XmodD is working on getting native resolution for our built-in display. :)

However for those who have an external monitor that you can connect to your hackintosh using a VGA cable, this may be a bit of good news for you! :P

:excl:This looks best if you have successfully enabled partial QE/CI for your Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale). If you haven't done so, follow the instructions in the first post! Enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)

post-620531-1305940045_thumb.pngpost-620531-1305940074_thumb.png

The instructions are very simple. :)

1) Turn off your hackintosh laptop.

2) Connect your external monitor to the VGA port.

3) Turn on your external monitor and your laptop. You will see that your built-in laptop screen will be turned off and that the external display will now display everything.

4) Boot into Mac OS X. Your resolution might not be correct but this is normal.

5) Edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file inside the /Extra/ folder.

6) Add the following code to the com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

:excl:Replace 1280x1024 with your external monitor's maximum native resolution.

7) Save the com.apple.Boot.plist.

8) Restart your laptop and boot into Mac OS X. (If you use Chameleon Bootloader, you will automatically see that it is set to the external monitor's native resolution you configured.) If successful, you will notice the new resolution and will be displayed in Display Settings in System Preferences.

:excl:Remember to make sure that your external monitor can handle the resolution you configured. If the resolution you put in the com.apple.Boot.plist does not work, it means that this resolution is not supported by your external monitor.

Hopefully this can ease the pain for some of you who hate having to use 1024x768. :smoke:

:whistle:Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale) Report #4

:excl:This report is only for people who have an external monitor that uses a VGA cable and that your hackintosh has a built-in VGA port.

As we know, the built-in display in our hackintosh can only display 1024x768. As of now there is no fix for this yet. XmodD is working on getting native resolution for our built-in display. :)

However for those who have an external monitor that you can connect to your hackintosh using a VGA cable, this may be a bit of good news for you! :P

:excl:This looks best if you have successfully enabled partial QE/CI for your Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale). If you haven't done so, follow the instructions in the first post! Enable QE/CI for Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)

post-620531-1305940045_thumb.pngpost-620531-1305940074_thumb.png

The instructions are very simple. :)

1) Turn off your hackintosh laptop.

2) Connect your external monitor to the VGA port.

3) Turn on your external monitor and your laptop. You will see that your built-in laptop screen will be turned off and that the external display will now display everything.

4) Boot into Mac OS X. Your resolution might not be correct but this is normal.

5) Edit the com.apple.Boot.plist file inside the /Extra/ folder.

6) Add the following code to the com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x1024x32</string>

:excl:Replace 1280x1024 with your external monitor's maximum native resolution.

7) Save the com.apple.Boot.plist.

8) Restart your laptop and boot into Mac OS X. (If you use Chameleon Bootloader, you will automatically see that it is set to the external monitor's native resolution you configured.) If successful, you will notice the new resolution and will be displayed in Display Settings in System Preferences.

:excl:Remember to make sure that your external monitor can handle the resolution you configured. If the resolution you put in the com.apple.Boot.plist does not work, it means that this resolution is not supported by your external monitor.

Hopefully this can ease the pain for some of you who hate having to use 1024x768. :smoke:

A me non ha funzionato. Ho parziale qe/ci monitor vga collegato, ma la risoluzione è sempre 1024.. anche se modifico il file com.apple.Boot.plist

Io credo che comunque sia più importante concentrarsi e riuscire ad attivare prima qe/ci ... anche perchè, una volta attivati qe/ci, la scheda, in automatico ci da la possibilità, di poter scegliere altre risoluzioni dello schermo.

I did not work. I partial qe / ci VGA monitor connected, but the resolution is always 1024 .. even if I edit the file com.apple.Boot.plist

I believe that however is more important to focus and be able to activate the first qe / ci ... also because, once activated qe / ci, the card automatically gives us the possibility to choose other screen resolutions.

I'm italian..i do not know how transalte it for you.. This work in Sony vaio VPCEA20FB

(google translate - from http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=124)

Intel HD Graphics

1) Do the combo update (http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361) or regular (http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1363). If you have upgraded your operating system, skip to step two.

2) After the update go to the Extensions folder (/System/Library/Extensions) which are located kexts and remove all the video kexts, Intel, GForce, ATI, NVidia.

3) Repair permissions in Disk Utility. As a precaution remove Extensions.mkext file located in / Extra.

4) Setting the Bootloader. I recommend using the Lizard.

- Adjust your SMBIOS with a MacBook Pro that has Intel HD.

- Enable GraphicsEnabler, you can do with the Lizard.

- Enable the resolution of your video eg.: 1280x800, you can do with the Lizard.

- Make other settings you see fit, how to copy the dsdt and so on.

5) Reboot with -v (verbose mode) and make sure you are loading the Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0.

6) Repair permissions in Disk Utility again. As a precaution remove Extensions.mkext file located in / extra, if any.

7) Reboot with -v (verbose mode). And notice you're carrying the right kernel is Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0

8) Final step and copy the files AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle, link http://www.sendspace.com/file/am5ekb ONLY THESE TWO FILES. Notice the permissions in Disk Utility.

9) Restart the system if the menu bar is transparent acceleration you get HD video Intel Graphics.

OBS. This procedure worked on my Vaio VPCEA20FB a note with Intel HD Graphics. Screenshots generate a pure black, and sometimes the screen becomes distorted.

The video resolution can not be changed. Plus you can set the native resolution of your video in Step 4 item 3.

Based on http://is.gd/Gup2LA

The video resolution can not be changed. Plus you can set the native resolution of your video in Step 4 item 3.

there was same discussion in this thread before, some hardware could work well with custom resolution, but most can't

weird~~~ :)

for me, it doesn't work

sandy bridge 10.6.8 beta http://netkas.org/?p=792 idk if it can possibly help us?

I do not believe the situation is going to improve with newer drivers as from a quick look there are non trivial differences during output device configuration between plain HD Graphics and SNB/HD Graphics 2000/3000 hw, and Apple is if anything letting the plain HD GFX code rot (if not outright removing it, as the AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext which is one of the few parts that was more or less working now containts many references to SNB FB configuration).

My personal results is that with both the 10.6.7 and 10.6.7 iMac update AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext I get OpenGL working albeit with the wrong stride in the framebuffer (seems like if it was using the stride for a 1024x768x32 FB on a 1366x768x32 one).

While I know next to nothing from the OS X gfx stack I bet this is because it expects someone else setting up the proper settings -- that is, a AppleIntel*FB.kext. The SNB one does not list any non SNB-gfx card in its IOKit match list, and even if I force it to load I get a misconfigured LVDS output. The HDGraphics one hangs, and who knows if its just because it is incomplete.

So I did this on my i3 M 370 based laptop. Now I have transparent menubar! :D Thanks a lot.

But by the way, I'm using 1366x768x32. Isn't that a custom resolution?

For example, now I can play videos. It aren't playing very well, but at least they do.

I tried opening Front Row but I get a Kernel Panic :P. I tried rebooting, and using Graphics Mode=1024x768x32. And it's the same.

EDIT: I get kernel panic whenever I put something on Fullscreen. Front Row, QuickTime, VLC, everything.

Sometimes, appears a few white lines across the display, but if I drag&drop a window hover that, they disappear. This happens in both 1024 and 1366 mode.

Anyway. Overall perfomance is quite better :D

Thanks a lot everyone! :D

I have the exact same symptoms as you Freakat, afaik there is no way to fix this. I gues if you need to use the computer for something productive you disable the IntelHD kext, or swat to a windows install :/ I hotswap the sata drive for the time being =P