Intel HD Graphics / GMA 5700

sockerkid

1,324 posts in this topic

Well, I still don't try yet the QE/CI method that our friend GhostRider posted bc im stuck (yes, again) in the update thing, i already tried all methods that some of you told me but this time im just getting th KP over and over again at the end of the 10.6.3 after i got from the 10.6.2, also i tried the boot.plist method that Sinzim told us, but no luck, because i have a gateway NV59C09u and not a Latitude, so disappointed... but well, i hope that the guys who are writing the kexts or modifying it just make a home run, will be awesome for all of us, in the meantime i'll trying to update to the 10.6.7, if someone with a laptop like mine already got it, i will appreciate your help!!!

My methods are:

1.- install from retail OSX disc image with a DarwinX86 boot cd v.5.0132- Chameleon v.20-RC5 r385

the installation ALWAYS get a "failed installation" message at the very end, but still boots to the set up stage.

2.- after that get the normal desktop, and the "About this Mac" always shows it as an iMac.

3.- update to 10.6.2 with no problem

4.- install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get the correct customization as a Macbook 6.

5.- try to update to 10.6.3----> KP

5.- try to update to 10.6.6----> KP

5.- try to update to 10.6.7----> KP

Also try to update without install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and stills getting' the KP...

so im sooooo stuck.... :S

any ideas???

thnx in advanced!!!

Well, I still don't try yet the QE/CI method that our friend GhostRider posted bc im stuck (yes, again) in the update thing, i already tried all methods that some of you told me but this time im just getting th KP over and over again at the end of the 10.6.3 after i got from the 10.6.2, also i tried the boot.plist method that Sinzim told us, but no luck, because i have a gateway NV59C09u and not a Latitude, so disappointed... but well, i hope that the guys who are writing the kexts or modifying it just make a home run, will be awesome for all of us, in the meantime i'll trying to update to the 10.6.7, if someone with a laptop like mine already got it, i will appreciate your help!!!

My methods are:

1.- install from retail OSX disc image with a DarwinX86 boot cd v.5.0132- Chameleon v.20-RC5 r385

the installation ALWAYS get a "failed installation" message at the very end, but still boots to the set up stage.

2.- after that get the normal desktop, and the "About this Mac" always shows it as an iMac.

3.- update to 10.6.2 with no problem

4.- install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to get the correct customization as a Macbook 6.

5.- try to update to 10.6.3----> KP

5.- try to update to 10.6.6----> KP

5.- try to update to 10.6.7----> KP

Also try to update without install [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and stills getting' the KP...

so im sooooo stuck.... :S

any ideas???

thnx in advanced!!!

I keep recommending people to use Nawcom's ModCD. It really helps a lot especially when you need to update Mac OS X. However the ModCD is only a temporary fix. After you install Mac OS X 10.6.7, your gonna have to install a bootloader and your going to have to configure your hackintosh properly.

Information on how to do all of that is in the forums. Basically Nawcom's ModCD is a bootloader, and you'll need to boot off of the CD until your hackintosh is configured properly. From there you'll need to install your own bootloader.

Nawcom's ModCD

Bah, I´m sorry it was usesless info for most of you, but atleast one person got what he wanted :(

I´m researching a bit more what cause the distortions, and I have just watched a 720p Game of Thrones episode, no distortions at all in Quicktime, using Perian for codecs. This is a feat I could not do without the partial QE/CI and it worked flawlessly.

To me it looks like some acceleration is present? I wonder if a movie can play flawlessly, then rest of the issues also should be possible to correct? I really want to purge Windows from this computer :)

Anyone has any suggestion to what the distortions mean? Is it viable to try to adjust the refresh rate? Any similar issues that might give clues on how to correct this?

Edit: Also is there a boot flag or similar to temporary disable QE/CI? E.g for a presentation using keynote, I should want the distortion to calm down =P

Edit2: Distortion workaround for firefox, go to preferences - advanced - unhook use hardware acceleration

I'm on virtualbox, and i not have intel hd kext, but i can run Switchresx.

someone with qe/ci can try it?

screen

Questo software a me non ha mai funzionato. La risoluzione non me la mai cambiata.

This software has never worked for me. The resolution I did not ever changed.

Try the kernel flag? it should be easy enough to confirm my way, in chameleon where you usually type -v for a verbose boot or any other flags you wish, type: -v "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32"

Only requires you to reboot to test ;)

Edit: Attached my boot.plist file as an example to be clear on what I am doing =)

command "lscpi -nn|grep Graphics":

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation Arrandale Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0046] (rev 02)

Potresti essere così gentile da allegare anche il kernel (mach_kernel - qualsiasi esso sia) che usi tu?

Could you be so kind as to attach the kernel (mach_kernel - whatever it is) that you use?

Could you be so kind as to attach the kernel (mach_kernel - whatever it is) that you use?

Sure, it is the one linked in post #1 in this thread. 10.6.7 vanilla i presume.

http://www.mediafire.com/?yf21d2j1l8le22d

Onyl for test, anyone has tried this?? --> Switchresx

I used that once with no luck... ;)

I keep recommending people to use Nawcom's ModCD. It really helps a lot especially when you need to update Mac OS X. However the ModCD is only a temporary fix. After you install Mac OS X 10.6.7, your gonna have to install a bootloader and your going to have to configure your hackintosh properly.

Information on how to do all of that is in the forums. Basically Nawcom's ModCD is a bootloader, and you'll need to boot off of the CD until your hackintosh is configured properly. From there you'll need to install your own bootloader.

Nawcom's ModCD

Thnx GhostRaider, i'll try that, post my results! :)

I used that once with no luck... :)

Thnx GhostRaider, i'll try that, post my results! :D

Try DisplayConfigX - i had only 1024x768 - but after using that software i had 800x600 and others too. DisplayConfigX generates a DisplayOverride and adds a edid override.

Try DisplayConfigX - i had only 1024x768 - but after using that software i had 800x600 and others too. DisplayConfigX generates a DisplayOverride and adds a edid override.

Do you have Intel HD Graphics (Arrendale) too?? or what is your laptop model??? thnx for the tip...

I have a Dell Latitude E6410 core i5-520m with Intel HD graphics and I have translucent task bar and only installed:

- AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

- AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

OSX 10.6.2 retail install with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]

I can see videos but I can't see jpg or other pictures

Something can see some type of pictures?

Io credo che per chi non ha voglia di aspettare che si riesce a far funzionare questi maledetti kext (driver), faccia prima a comprarsi un nuovo portatile, perchè credo che ne passerà di acqua sotto i ponti, per chi non conosce questa citazione vuol dire che ci vorrà molto tempo secondo me e, non è nemmeno sicuro che si riescono a far funzionare.

La situazione è questa, a voi la scelta. Io partecipo ai test, ed aspetto per altri mesi, poi se proprio non si riesce a farli funzionare, vedo se sarà il caso di cambiare pc, ma la vedo dura, visto che questo che ho ora (firma) è nuovissimo.

I believe that if you do not want to wait until you can run these damn kext (driver), do so before buying a new laptop, because I believe that water will pass under the bridge, for those unfamiliar with this quote mean it will take a long time for me and it is not even sure you can run.

The situation is this, the choice is yours. I am taking part in the tests, and look for other months, if not then you can make them work, see if it is necessary to change the pc, but I see it hard, I have now seen that this (signature) is brand new.

hi,

ive got a i5 system with Intel HD graphics (8086,0046) & ATI 5650m.

I'm trying to get ati kext loading for my system but the only thing i got is the intel hd graphic loading (without kext) but with the framebuffer of kabyl (boot chamelon 749 for ati & patch) i ve got the good 1366x768 resolution on OSX.

(you have to add lines Graphics Mode to 1366x768x32 in boot.plist)

It's a good news for resolution but i want to get my ati kext loaded (ati card posted in the bootloader)

See other post here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=252878

hi,

I'm trying to get ati kext loading for my system but the only thing i got is the intel hd graphic loading (without kext) but with the framebuffer of kabyl (boot chamelon 749 for ati & patch) i ve got the good 1366x768 resolution on OSX.

It's a good news for resolution but i want to get my ati kext loaded (ati card posted in the bootloader)

See other post here:

That's pretty interesting. Probably the reason why you have native resolution is because your ATI Graphics Card is loaded on Chameleon Bootloader, which allows it to read the EDID of the laptop screen and gives you 1366x768. From there, that info is carried over to OS X.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever tried to patch Chameleon Bootloader RC5 to detect our Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)? :boxing:

The VESA driver that comes included in the bootloader does not support our integrated graphics. And if you noticed, the chameleon bootloader resolution can only use 1024x768 which is telling us that the EDID isn't being picked up. ;)

post-620531-1305407347_thumb.jpg

Patching Chameleon Bootloader to detect our native resolution can be a first step in order for OS X to get the EDID it needs. B) (If you try to override the EDID from within OS X, it won't work because the Chameleon Bootloader loads up a corrupt EDID info everytime we boot and then OS X ignores everything else.) :(

It shouldn't be that hard to make a patch to make Chameleon Bootloader detect our Intel HD Graphics. This is how the X4500 and X3100 guys managed to get native resolution, by patching Chameleon.

This guy helped X4500 GMA users to get native resolution. He did this by patching Chameleon. Take a look at what he did Deviato Wordpress

That's pretty interesting. Probably the reason why you have native resolution is because your ATI Graphics Card is loaded on Chameleon Bootloader, which allows it to read the EDID of the laptop screen and gives you 1366x768. From there, that info is carried over to OS X.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has anyone ever tried to patch Chameleon Bootloader RC5 to detect our Intel HD Graphics (Arrandale)? :boxing:

The VESA driver that comes included in the bootloader does not support our integrated graphics. And if you noticed, the chameleon bootloader resolution can only use 1024x768 which is telling us that the EDID isn't being picked up. :(

post-620531-1305407347_thumb.jpg

Patching Chameleon Bootloader to detect our native resolution can be a first step in order for OS X to get the EDID it needs. B) (If you try to override the EDID from within OS X, it won't work because the Chameleon Bootloader loads up a corrupt EDID info everytime we boot and then OS X ignores everything else.) ;)

It shouldn't be that hard to make a patch to make Chameleon Bootloader detect our Intel HD Graphics. This is how the X4500 and X3100 guys managed to get native resolution, by patching Chameleon.

This guy helped X4500 GMA users to get native resolution. He did this by patching Chameleon. Take a look at what he did Deviato Wordpress

Is there a way to get in touch with him

The blog says: P.S. imac’s update as well as 10.6.8 beta has sandy bridge video drivers.

I can confirm the nvidia drivers have been updated to 1.6.34.15 and I heard the ATI drivers had been updated as well.

Also I found the new kernel worth the upgrade though it's beta, it's way more responsive.

With the past few updates I saw my performance decreasing but thx to this update it's up to par once again.

Furthermore I'm really interested in those intel kexts as I'm planning a new hack pro for which hd3000 would suffice.

the kernel was updated to 10.8.0

don't know if there is any intel hd kext updated

Booo, io non credo purtroppo che cambi qualcosa con l'aggiornamneto 10.6.8 e che quindi la nostra intel HD possa funzionare, visto che la struttura dei driver, sarà sempre quella dell'utilizzo di due schede (come nei MBP originali) e cioè intel+nvidia oppure intel+ati.. per far funzionare solo la intel hd sugli hack, c'è bisogno di ben altro purtroppo che di un semplice aggiornamento. Bisogna capire realmente con certezza, quale kext fa funzionare bene la intel HD e quale kext si occupa dello switch tra le due schede, così da provare ad eliminare le istruzioni per lo swtich e dire al driver che c'è una sola scheda nel pc da far funzionare.

Booo, yo I do not believe compensation qualcosa Che purtroppo con l'aggiornamneto 10.6.8 from the Che quindi la our understanding of HD to be able funzionare, Vista Che la struttura driver of God, and Sara has been always the gods dell'utilizzo ie is approx two shed (the original come vp of the brazen MBP) from the cioè + Intel + NVIDIA ATI Intel Our forces .. spelled the ground by the funzionare la sugli Intel hd hack, c'è bisogno di ben altro Che purtroppo un semplice aggiornamento the gods. Bisogna realmente con certezza head, such as FA kext la funzionare well with the quality of Intel HD kext from the dell switch and do it, if, delivered to the two sheets, and give così to eliminate to the provare le istruzioni speak through the swtich from the Driver et al Che dire c'è only one Fathers of the Senate give Nel STRIP OF PAPYRUS BARK funzionare spelled.

Google a transduction english a very grievous sorry.

Patching Chameleon Bootloader to detect our native resolution can be a first step in order for OS X to get the EDID it needs. B) (If you try to override the EDID from within OS X, it won't work because the Chameleon Bootloader loads up a corrupt EDID info everytime we boot and then OS X ignores everything else.) <_<

this is really a hopeful way to make it work, i have post a message to this guy, maybe he would like to help us

As i remembered, Kyle_C in our forum also made a patch for SNB INTEL HD. maybe we can ask him for help? :P

hi,

See other post here:

Hi,

im having the same issue..i think we both have the same laptop..the thing is i dont even have an option in bios to turn off Intel HD from detecting..

can you please tell me how you managed to get the 1366x768x32 resolution ?

i only mamaged to get 1024x768 res. i used iAtkos S3 with NawCom boot CD..

for some reason i cant use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] cd..

wireless,lan,bluetooth,usb all the stuff works fine..only this VGA is giving me problems :(

Thank You.