devtone

devtone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

what do u mean by one less output?

i'm on my other computer, asap i'll up the prefpanel as well

The headphone (middle) output. Not that I use it. My prefpane is not working with your vHDA.

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

The headphone (middle) output. Not that I use it. My prefpane is not working with your vHDA.

oh yeah, only one of two is working, thats a mapping problem i guess, every solution that i have found gave me other problems so i am sticking with this one.

btw, my battery life is a bit reduced, are you happy with your battery manager?
how much time do u get at half brightness?
I am unable to get over 1:30h without reducing the brightness to the minimum.

devtone

devtone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

oh yeah, only one of two is working, thats a mapping problem i guess, every solution that i have found gave me other problems so i am sticking with this one.

btw, my battery life is a bit reduced, are you happy with your battery manager?
how much time do u get at half brightness?
I am unable to get over 1:30h without reducing the brightness to the minimum.

I'm sticking to this one also, work great and don't use the second output anyway.

My battery is almost dead. Windows and OSX complain that I have to replace it. Get up to one hour. My brightness is 100% 24/7. FN+ UP or DOWN does change the brightness. The OSX slider in System Preferences doesn't work.

I'm using AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext, seems to work fine..

Attached File  AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext.zip   34.05KB   25 downloads

Ive found a working prefpane.

devtone

devtone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
just found out my TV-out is not working. Did anyone get it working on 10.6.5 or .6?

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

just found out my TV-out is not working. Did anyone get it working on 10.6.5 or .6?

tv out hdmi or tv out s-video?

hdmi, there is a fix for hdmi-hdmi whitout sound

I gotta confess that i have never tried s-video... so no idea

devtone

devtone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

tv out hdmi or tv out s-video?

hdmi, there is a fix for hdmi-hdmi whitout sound

I gotta confess that i have never tried s-video... so no idea

tv-out (svhs).

HDMi hasn't worked since 10.6.4 :)

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

tv-out (svhs).

HDMi hasn't worked since 10.6.4 ;)

there are 2 solutions for hdmi.
simple one: use a hdmi-dvi adapter and it will work
complicated one: there is a guy who wrote a lil' dsdt patch for 8600m gs, makes the hdmi work again but ruins a lot of things... u can always try that :)

devtone

devtone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

there are 2 solutions for hdmi.
simple one: use a hdmi-dvi adapter and it will work
complicated one: there is a guy who wrote a lil' dsdt patch for 8600m gs, makes the hdmi work again but ruins a lot of things... u can always try that :)

Thnx for the tip. Don't use HDMi so i'm not going to risk breaking reboot and sleep :P

Don't use the SVideo that much, would be nice if it worked. I'll post if I get it working.

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Thnx for the tip. Don't use HDMi so i'm not going to risk breaking reboot and sleep ;)

Don't use the SVideo that much, would be nice if it worked. I'll post if I get it working.

same here, btw du got any news? any updates?
and voodoosdhci is not workin for me brakes shutdown restart and totally ruins sleep do u have anytin that works?

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
My laptop is supposed to go into standby when its close to low battery inside Windows 7, I'm dualbooted and the Mac OSX install works fine as far as I know.

The problem I'm having right now is that the screen fades away but the laptop itself doesn't actually go into standby. No combination of key presses or power button presses can force the screen to come back or make the laptop go into standby as it should, I just can't see anything at all. It's unfortunate because every time this happens I have to hard reset my laptop and lose all my open applications/work.

It's been a while since I did the installation (almost 6 months) so I don't remember the details but if there's any information you need I'm sure I can provide it.

Thanks!

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

My laptop is supposed to go into standby when its close to low battery inside Windows 7, I'm dualbooted and the Mac OSX install works fine as far as I know.

The problem I'm having right now is that the screen fades away but the laptop itself doesn't actually go into standby. No combination of key presses or power button presses can force the screen to come back or make the laptop go into standby as it should, I just can't see anything at all. It's unfortunate because every time this happens I have to hard reset my laptop and lose all my open applications/work.

It's been a while since I did the installation (almost 6 months) so I don't remember the details but if there's any information you need I'm sure I can provide it.

Thanks!

have you checked if u have the correct dsdt.aml?
did it ever work or was it always faulty?
I had once a problem with sleep function because of an unco-oping kext it was a sdhc reader kext (voodoosdhc.kext), is it possible that you are using something like that?
can u post at least ur kexts and such?
oh and when the battery is running out the system tries to go into a deepsleep (hybernation) which doesn't work... (which means that u gotta hard reset the computer to let it run again when the battery runs out in standby)
is this for sleep in every occasion or only when the battery runs out,
sorry if i am misinterpreting anything but its 3 o'clock n i'm a lil tired so i'll check it again tomorrow...

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
As far as I know this problem only started happening a few months ago. I don't remember what behavior was like before that. As for whether it happens every time, no it only happens when the computer is about to run out of battery. In Windows, if I hit the power button, it goes to sleep as it should.

Here's a shot of everything in my Extra folder. I'm pretty sure 90% of it came from this thread.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Attached Files

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Oh also, I'm running 10.6.5 right now - will running software update to .7 or whatever it is now cause any problems?

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Oh also, I'm running 10.6.5 right now - will running software update to .7 or whatever it is now cause any problems?

no no problems on my side...
what happens is that when your battery ends the sleep mode will not hold... it crashes... is it possible that your battery is dying?
I havent found any working solution to my actual situation with the use of my kexts and dsdt, there is a half working solution for getting the deepsleep mode working.... I suggest you check that...
check on that...
if you find any solutions share :P
thnx
havent had any other sleep problems yet...
your kexts seem fine... you should be sleepin correctly

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
It's strange. My battery is definitely dying - both Windows and OSX say to replace it. I have a replacement coming soon.

OSX doesn't put the computer to sleep, it just straight up power fails because the battery went way out of charge. Windows will turn the screen off but not sleep it - and in addition to that not allow the computer to be slept (I think there's some kind of prompt on screen because I get the little ping if I press a key)

Either way I ordered a new battery and I'll update you when that arrives. Does sleep work the way it should for you?

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

It's strange. My battery is definitely dying - both Windows and OSX say to replace it. I have a replacement coming soon.

OSX doesn't put the computer to sleep, it just straight up power fails because the battery went way out of charge. Windows will turn the screen off but not sleep it - and in addition to that not allow the computer to be slept (I think there's some kind of prompt on screen because I get the little ping if I press a key)

Either way I ordered a new battery and I'll update you when that arrives. Does sleep work the way it should for you?

Most problably it's a voltage problem, it it's not caused by os
do me a favor, go to your bios, it has a battery section which gives you a main health feedback...
Sleep works flawlessly for me, the only problem is that i gotta keep an eye on the battery, i haven't found (didn't even search cuz I don't have time to try things out) any solution to make it go to sleep before my battery dries out (it tries to go to deepsleep=hybernation)
aside from that sleep and wake up works just fine
I get a sound issue when i wake up (it's not loud as it should be) but the problem goes away when i volume up/down...
Sleep works on battery power, ac and in between cycles (goin in sleep on ac then pluggin out and waking on battery and such)

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
anyone updating m1530 to 10.6.8, there are some issues I haven't been able to resolve... the graphics card is giving me a little bit of problem... appleHDA.kext is reneved, so deleting it will stop the kext error at the os check but the system will not load correctly...
aside from some faulty checks on the graphics card i think the os doesn't like the voodoohda kext...
I got a loaded os at least a few times but got system freeze in each attempt...
if anyone finds a solution etc. etc. let me know so i can update the guide...
I won't be able to tinker a lot until the end of summer so this is up-to-date situation until end of september...

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

anyone updating m1530 to 10.6.8, there are some issues I haven't been able to resolve... the graphics card is giving me a little bit of problem... appleHDA.kext is reneved, so deleting it will stop the kext error at the os check but the system will not load correctly...
aside from some faulty checks on the graphics card i think the os doesn't like the voodoohda kext...
I got a loaded os at least a few times but got system freeze in each attempt...
if anyone finds a solution etc. etc. let me know so i can update the guide...
I won't be able to tinker a lot until the end of summer so this is up-to-date situation until end of september...

But... but... you're the M1530 Superman! :rolleyes:

Vexir

Vexir

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Effatum any luck?

effatum

effatum

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Effatum any luck?

yeah buddy, sorry that kept u waitin but i graduated :D
so,
lion works
you just gotta change a couple of kexts and get a new dsdt from the dsdt compiling forum...
the main issue is that lion itself sux.
i reverted back to snow...
if you wanna try get the dsdt go up to 10.6.8 and than update
the main kext errors if you get any are still caused by applehda
aside from that I did not have any problems
(meanwhile, i had to change the keyboard my battery left me and my touchpad is leaving me so i guess my little monster is coming to the end of its life) :P

Let me know if you cant find anytin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy