Atheros AR9285

modsoap

63 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hello.

I have installed iAtkos S3 v2 with qoopz kernel 10.3.0. Now I have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 but without wifi, I have downloaded the combo update, but when I update (i don´t have sleepenabler) I get kernel panic. what I should do to update and get the kext and snow leopard running?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Hello.

I have installed iAtkos S3 v2 with qoopz kernel 10.3.0. Now I have Snow Leopard 10.6.3 but without wifi, I have downloaded the combo update, but when I update (i don´t have sleepenabler) I get kernel panic. what I should do to update and get the kext and snow leopard running?

Thanks

backup your qoopz kernel.(or get latest for .6.5) then restore before reboot.. after update finishes. fun!

• 1 year later...

I have exactly the same problem, haven't found a solution yet.....

Edit:

I've found a solution for my problem, well it's more a workaround for the moment..I've set my Wifi up using WPA2, connecting using this security option didn't work (see symptoms in quote). After I changed it to WPA instead of WPA2 the connection was successfully made and an IP address was assigned without any problems....

I had the same problem in 10.6.5 and I solved changing router Wi-fi radio to B mode only, keeping WPA2...has someone got it working in N mode?

• 4 weeks later...

i got N but its Ar5B91 ar9281.

Hi, can you please assisst me to activate the AR9281 respectively AR5B91? It is recognized by the system as "Airport Extreme" but I can not activate it! Can you help me?

Right now I'm on SL 10.6.8 with latest Updates.

EDIT:

Ok, in the console log I see the error:

(com.apple.configd[732]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault
(com.apple.configd) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

And the overall system performance has dropped since I put in the Atheros WiFi-Card. Any suggestions?

EDIT2:

Folks, I fixed it with help from another forum. Here is how you can fix this stupid error and the system lags:

You only have to rename following file by typing in the console:

sudo -s
mv /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle_

Then just restart. No need to delete or renew caches!

I don't know why this works, but it does. Hope I could help anyone with the same issue. Cheers!

Hi, can you please assisst me to activate the AR9281 respectively AR5B91? It is recognized by the system as "Airport Extreme" but I can not activate it! Can you help me?

Right now I'm on SL 10.6.8 with latest Updates.

EDIT:

Ok, in the console log I see the error:

(com.apple.configd[732]) Job appears to have crashed: Segmentation fault
(com.apple.configd) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

And the overall system performance has dropped since I put in the Atheros WiFi-Card. Any suggestions?

EDIT2:

Folks, I fixed it with help from another forum. Here is how you can fix this stupid error and the system lags:

You only have to rename following file by typing in the console:

sudo -s
mv /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle_

Then just restart. No need to delete or renew caches!

I don't know why this works, but it does. Hope I could help anyone with the same issue. Cheers!

what smbios.plist ?

what laptop ?

dsdt used ?

i didnt have to rename anything

Uuhm, how can I find out which smbios.plist I have? (Sorry, I am quite new to Mac OS X)

Laptop is Samsung Q210, here is a spec list (I swapped the Intel WiFi 5100 AGN to Atheros AR9281 / AR5B91: http://samsung.de/de/Privatkunden/Mobil/Notebooks/QSerie/q210aurap8400/NP-Q210-AS02DE/detail.aspx?atab=specifications

After the change the system lagged a lot and it was unbearable. So I googled and found the solution above.

I don't know what DSDT is and how it is "used". Can you illuminate me? :jester:

make sure u disable in bios "quickboot or fastboot"

also with chameleon wizard u can check the file /Extra/smbios.plist

or u can try the macbook4,1 or pro6,1 and modify the info for 5,1 not pro

in lion usb install thread

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosdate</key>

<string>04/27/09</string>

<key>SMbiosvendor</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MB51.88Z.007D.B03.0904271443</string>

<key>SMboardmanufacturer</key>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F42D89A9</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacBook</string>

<key>SMmanufacturer</key>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacBook5,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>change this with chameleon wizard</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

dsdt would fake the hardware descriptions from chameleon not motherboard bios.

but likely the proper smbios model would fix it. then u can try replacing monitorbundle back.

go to the apple button top left. click "about this mac".. then more info. what model it says ?

• 3 weeks later...