Atheros AR9285

modsoap

63 posts in this topic

I don't get it..I did everything and it worked..but the problem is..I can connect to my network, but I can't use the net. ;) help..

Change wireless mode in router to B/G оr G-only.

I have tested the legacyatheros.kext on my Asus 1005hab and it does work. I install the kext with kexthelper B7, repair permissions, then restart and it works great. As soon as i restart the system a 2nd time, it never works again unless I remove the kext and repeat the above steps.

What can I do to make this work after restarting?

it does this in 10.6.3, 10.6.4, & 10.6.5 beta

what am i doing wrong?

thank guys

For what it's worth I used net book maker, and installer. Started from a retail snow leopard image, updated to 10.6.4 combo, then 10.6.5 delta. What gives!!

Finally its working :D

for some reason, when i update to mac osx 10.6.5 on my hp laptop i get a kernel error. what should i do?

please reply for more details.

i really need your help.

if u have a skype, yahoo messenger or some other kind of messenger, i would appreciate that.

pls reply to this email....johnukpo94@yahoo.com

i am not a complete noob a this. please i beg you, help me.

Working perfectly on my Eee 1005HA with stock Atheros AR9285. Happy camper here. Many thanks to whoever discovered the fix.

:)

for some reason, when i update to mac osx 10.6.5 on my hp laptop i get a kernel error. what should i do?

i really need your help.

if u have a skype, yahoo messenger or some other kind of messenger, i would appreciate that.

I'm typing this from my iATKOS 10.6.3 installation on my laptop.

THANK YOU!

i really need your help.

can someone please...please... do a video tutorial for this???? :D

Can not get AR9285 to connect to 802.11n network. Using IO80211Family beta driver from 10.6.5 on ASUS 1008HA with 10.6.4 installed. Kext is installed in SLE. The router is an Airport Extreme, which runs 11n and 11g - in compatibility mode.

Have tested with Netgear 802.11g and all works fine. Seems strange that the apple driver does not appear to connect to apple router.

Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i followed this guide, loved it and it works really but i have this one huge problem...

Wheneven i am using it in any enviroment(as different wifi spots, different encryptions) it fails to connect. But it strangely it DETECTS all avalable wifi hot spots and can try to authenticate, appears to succeed but with no actuall network or internet access.

This is due to the network DCHP instantly giving the mac a 169.x.x.x so naturally i thought of using a self assigned IP (with other self assigned extras (DNS, etc.)) but that was to no avial and occors on every network i have tried...

In Mac's Airport it does say connected to network with green and airport, etc, but anything after network is amber such as ISP. But i know it isnt connected to network as i would be able to access the routers mainframe which i can not

I have extracted the key kext from the 'IO80211Family.kext' which is the 'AirPortAtheros21.kext' but with no success. (The kext works as i am refering to the kext i downloaded as recomended by the form)

Only thing i can think of is that the 'kext helper b7' is not working correctly and i should do it manually but the 'kext helper b7' clearly moves the kext into the desired place and has it operational so i think it is irrelevant? (As to a similar post before, the card is given the 'pci168c,2b' and has all the network details required)

I am using the wifi card now on my network whilst booted into windows 7 which is working perfectly fine but on mac it cannot even connect to the network; let alone internet. I'll post screen shots soon if required, any help is greatly appricated but i have tried every source of information...

• Mac 10.6.3 and/or 10.6.4 (tried before and after update)
  • Samsung R530 (specs can be found easily if required, just ask, sorry i havent posted but i feel it isnt relevant)
  • Kext Helper b7 (kext installer)
  • iAtkos S3 v2 installation

Does anyone else suffer from this awful issue?

Thanks for reading and again, any help is greatly welcome. (I have a feeling it does work on my laptop as someone has submitted an article on osx86 wiki saying it does work)

Hey, i followed this guide, loved it and it works really but i have this one huge problem...

Wheneven i am using it in any enviroment(as different wifi spots, different encryptions) it fails to connect. But it strangely it DETECTS all avalable wifi hot spots and can try to authenticate, appears to succeed but with no actuall network or internet access.

This is due to the network DCHP instantly giving the mac a 169.x.x.x so naturally i thought of using a self assigned IP (with other self assigned extras (DNS, etc.)) but that was to no avial and occors on every network i have tried...

In Mac's Airport it does say connected to network with green and airport, etc, but anything after network is amber such as ISP. But i know it isnt connected to network as i would be able to access the routers mainframe which i can not

I have extracted the key kext from the 'IO80211Family.kext' which is the 'AirPortAtheros21.kext' but with no success. (The kext works as i am refering to the kext i downloaded as recomended by the form)

Only thing i can think of is that the 'kext helper b7' is not working correctly and i should do it manually but the 'kext helper b7' clearly moves the kext into the desired place and has it operational so i think it is irrelevant? (As to a similar post before, the card is given the 'pci168c,2b' and has all the network details required)

I am using the wifi card now on my network whilst booted into windows 7 which is working perfectly fine but on mac it cannot even connect to the network; let alone internet. I'll post screen shots soon if required, any help is greatly appricated but i have tried every source of information...

Mac 10.6.3 and/or 10.6.4 (tried before and after update)

Samsung R530 (specs can be found easily if required, just ask, sorry i havent posted but i feel it isnt relevant)

Kext Helper b7 (kext installer)

iAtkos S3 v2 installation

Does anyone else suffer from this awful issue?

Thanks for reading and again, any help is greatly welcome. (I have a feeling it does work on my laptop as someone has submitted an article on osx86 wiki saying it does work)

I have exactly the same problem, haven't found a solution yet.....

Edit:

I've found a solution for my problem, well it's more a workaround for the moment..I've set my Wifi up using WPA2, connecting using this security option didn't work (see symptoms in quote). After I changed it to WPA instead of WPA2 the connection was successfully made and an IP address was assigned without any problems....

I have exactly the same problem, haven't found a solution yet.....

Edit:

I've found a solution for my problem, well it's more a workaround for the moment..I've set my Wifi up using WPA2, connecting using this security option didn't work (see symptoms in quote). After I changed it to WPA instead of WPA2 the connection was successfully made and an IP address was assigned without any problems....

@Yure:

That seems like a good solution but i recently had a brainwave (I know; very exciting), i know for a fact, my mac install is in 32-bit, so i think a 64/86 bit install will hopefully resolve my situation as it maybe a kext issue adpting to the current 32-bit OSX which i have currently installed; i have had similar problems when installing drivers for a windows 32-bit into a 64-bit windows OS and vice versa. Maybe a long short but worth a try i think, will post result when i give it a go :(

If that fails, i will probably end up using your solution which seems promising :( (Thanks for the help)

Hey

I cannot manage my Atheros to work. I've tried every single kext I could find, but without any results. I don't find any wifi-related content on System Preferences, or via Spotlight. I finally got SL retail dual-booted but I'm getting a bit desperate because I only have wifi-access, but I cannot access it.

Probably I sound like a noob, which I am. I hope that you understand my situation as a newcomer. I'd *really* appreciate it.

I would love to talk via AIM to someone, who knows these stuff.

Martti

@LNTDS

I suspect a driver issue as well, but I can't load the 64bit kernel because I'm running Snow Leopard on a Asus 1008p. I hope booting the 64bit kernel works for You!

@Grewbacca

I need more detailed information about what You've tried and what hardware You're using to be able to help You.

@Grewbacca

I need more detailed information about what You've tried and what hardware You're using to be able to help You. 

Huge thanks to you for your interest, but I suddenly got it working. I simply updated to 10.6.4 and it started working like a charm.

Can not get AR9285 to connect to 802.11n network. Using IO80211Family beta driver from 10.6.5 on ASUS 1008HA with 10.6.4 installed. Kext is installed in SLE. The router is an Airport Extreme, which runs 11n and 11g - in compatibility mode.

Have tested with Netgear 802.11g and all works fine. Seems strange that the apple driver does not appear to connect to apple router.

Any ideas?

Bump

Basically i think i'll wait till the offical release of the 10.6.5 update as it makes more sense that they'll have the proper kext and software compatible. The wi-fi did work for me at college using the WPA :) as mentioned before so ill live changing one of my routers at home to WPA instead of WPA2 personal.

@Skibum401: You should try using the airport application in mac* to see if it detects the air port. I was wondering if you knew if the airport actually works? as in it allows a wifi connection?

If yes, then it might need some TLC via ethernet to manually configure? :S that's all i can suggest without further imformation.

*On the tool bar of mac, click application (a folder marked with 'A' using various tools similar to app store on iPhone), this should then open with a folder of applications all should be able to click the Airport app which looks like the wifi connection application, this might give more information about your problem? maybe?

Basically i think i'll wait till the offical release of the 10.6.5 update as it makes more sense that they'll have the proper kext and software compatible. The wi-fi did work for me at college using the WPA :thumbsup_anim: as mentioned before so ill live changing one of my routers at home to WPA instead of WPA2 personal.

@Skibum401: You should try using the airport application in mac* to see if it detects the air port. I was wondering if you knew if the airport actually works? as in it allows a wifi connection?

If yes, then it might need some TLC via ethernet to manually configure? :S that's all i can suggest without further imformation.

*On the tool bar of mac, click application (a folder marked with 'A' using various tools similar to app store on iPhone), this should then open with a folder of applications all should be able to click the Airport app which looks like the wifi connection application, this might give more information about your problem? maybe?

LNTDS, thanks for the response. The Airport utility works, connects to 11g not 11n, have tried without security enabled, still does not work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...