I have the origional install discs

Lump10

2 posts in this topic

post-637401-1277954258_thumb.jpgI just made a long long post and it was erased because of an unknown error.. 

Basically to sum it up, I use to own a macbook and it got stolen. I just got a dell inspiron 1525 which I have read is the best supported for mac osx.

http://www.dailyblogged.com/dell-inspiron-...k-pro-tutorial/

I tried the kalyway thing but it kept saying error reading disc even though i burned on a fresh clean disc. Did same thing 3 times, I tried.

I have the origional 10.4 install discs AND leopord update disc from when I owned a mac, is ther anyway I can use that to instal on my dell?

Thanks!

Ps. Im new to this board, hi everyone! I'm from northeast tx. Yes there are rednecks here but SOME of us are smart (me) and you can blame that on OK hehe. No imbreeding here, gotta go more east, (GA, LA) I been in LA for three months for a graphic design gig and I liked it alot, wish I coulda stayed but didnt have the cash! Pm me for art/music productions!

prgs : photoshop, reason, fl studio, flash, cool edit pro. 

post-637401-1277954258_thumb.jpgI just made a long long post and it was erased because of an unknown error.. 

Basically to sum it up, I use to own a macbook and it got stolen. I just got a dell inspiron 1525 which I have read is the best supported for mac osx.

http://www.dailyblogged.com/dell-inspiron-...k-pro-tutorial/

I tried the kalyway thing but it kept saying error reading disc even though i burned on a fresh clean disc. Did same thing 3 times, I tried.

I have the origional 10.4 install discs AND leopord update disc from when I owned a mac, is ther anyway I can use that to instal on my dell?

Thanks!

Ps. Im new to this board, hi everyone! I'm from northeast tx. Yes there are rednecks here but SOME of us are smart (me) and you can blame that on OK hehe. No imbreeding here, gotta go more east, (GA, LA) I been in LA for three months for a graphic design gig and I liked it alot, wish I coulda stayed but didnt have the cash! Pm me for art/music productions!

prgs : photoshop, reason, fl studio, flash, cool edit pro. 

I think you can use the original OS X discs. Well I know you can with Snow Leopard and Leopard but I'm not sure about Tiger. The easiest thing to do is to try the different distro's. For Snow Leopard try Hazards distro. Leopard try iDeneb, iAtkos. Tiger try the JaS distro. Google is your friend for finding these.