How To Cuda / Mercury Engine on Premiere CS5 / Snow Leopard

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 6,036 posts
Topic cleaned and pinned, driver links updated, redundant quotes and a few stupid questions removed.

Be warned that the first post has conflicting information - it says that a minimum of 768MB video RAM is required - but lots of cards on the list only have 512MB or less, it's a non-OS X specific list pulled from Wikipedia. So try it and find out for yourself if your video card works or not and please report back.

For the record, my video board is a GTX 460, it is not listed on your tutorial. Please see the image attached.

Confirmed, works for me too. GTX 460 added to the list.

beasty uk

beasty uk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Yes the zotac gts 450 works fine in lion 10.7.2
install lastest cuda drivers and restart then i found this way to be the best and easy to do.
Go to applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5/then right click Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 and show package contents/Contents/cuda_supported_cards.txt then copy this file to your desktop the cuda_supported_cards.txt the open and put your card name there save on your desktop the delet the other one and copy your desktop one back into the folder and fire up premiere pro and it will work first time. Got no joy doing it with terminal lol

Johnny V

Johnny V

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 369 posts
There's new official Nvidia Mac Cuda Drivers available: http://www.nvidia.co...er-archive.html

As much as I like to use the Terminal, I used beasty uk instructions... Diidn't work on my 8800GT 512MB... but purchased a new GTX560 2GB and cuda shows up and works!

maleorderbride

maleorderbride

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
Does this also work with CS6? Anyone checked to see if they can still use CUDA instead of just OpenGL/CL?

Johnny V

Johnny V

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 369 posts
maleorderbride,

Yes.. I have the CS6 Suite and the hack works perfectly with my GTX 560.

Davirus

Davirus

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Interests:Everything new and original
This thread seems some what outdated.

Anyone knows if CUDA if there is a way to run CUDA with GTX 670. I have tried everything and seems not to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy