• Please log in to reply
992 replies to this topic

x0b

x0b

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
I managed to get my SL firewire working, it appears the dsdt that i was saving from the windows version wasn't working properly. it seems saving was intermittent, it wasn't clear whether i should save my edited dsdt file using the 'AML' menu or the 'Load' menu, I tried both, but I could only save using the 'Load' menu. If i tried to save using 'AML' menu then no file would be created in my chosen output folder.

I ended up realising that a dsdt.aml got created in the same directory as the DSDT Editor application when I clicked on compile, and so I took this dsdt and used it to boot my SL installation, and my firewire is now working! :D

I don't know whether this is a bug or I just used the application wrong, but maybe a small pdf file explaining the process would help others not to make the same mistake as me.

In any case, thank you for making a great little app, it made patching my dsdt very simple.

Now sleep doesn't work properly, it seems to sleep the computer but when I wake with either the mouse or the power button, the computer reboots. Does anyone have an idea what i can do to fix this? I tried the patches included and also the ones uploaded specifically for gigabyte boards on page 3 but neither has seemed to work.

update : :) sleep issue was fixed by ticking the bottom option in energy saver panel as shown in the image here http://bit.ly/d5rmkI

i think i am fully operational now, woohoo!

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hello guys,

I was hoping to find an answer here.

I have recently installed SL on my notebook, it's on my sig. I was trying do Lid Sleep. The machine can sleep by clicking on the menu, power button menu and Fn+F1 key. But it can't when I close the lid.

I have attached here my dsdt.dsl, if anybody of you have the kindness of heart to take a look at my edited dsdt on the LID section. It appears to have an error when I am trying to compile it.

Error:

Intel ACPI Component Architecture
ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091214 [Dec 16 2009]
Copyright © 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

/Users/Nameci/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl 5158: Store (^^PCI0.SBRG.EC0.SF13, LIDS) //LID register
Error 4065 - Object not found or not accessible from scope ^ (^^PCI0.SBRG.EC0.SF13)

ASL Input: /Users/Nameci/Library/Application Support/EvOSoftware/DSDT/DSDTFiles/dsdt.dsl - 6302 lines, 211262 bytes, 2493 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 44 Optimizations

Here is the dsdt.dsl file

Attached Files

Milad407

Milad407

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
how do i DSTD Inject AppleHDA ?

MacKonsti

MacKonsti

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

I'm back from vacancy, I just started coding the "auto-fixes" to supress warning/errors/remarks, hope to release a new version soon. If you have a suggestion/error to report, the time is now. =)

Dear el coniglio welcome back! From me, just to note the following (which are mentioned already, just check-list):
1. If there are comments after some line of code, especially in a Device (XXXX) ignore them. Comments of // and /* */ style.
2. When you click on the device list (left) push the screen on the right to the topmost position, starting with the device itself (now it's in the middle and only if you reverse-click from bottom-to-top it will show the first line in the top).
Thanks again!

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

If i tried to save using 'AML' menu then no file would be created in my chosen output folder.

It's a bug in Windows version, will be fixed in next release. Thanks for reporting.

I have attached here my dsdt.dsl, if anybody of you have the kindness of heart to take a look at my edited dsdt on the LID section. It appears to have an error when I am trying to compile it.

Device EC0 is inside LPCB in your DSDT, not inside SBRG, and there's no SF13 inside it. Look in the DSDT you got the code from.

how do i DSTD Inject AppleHDA ?

Check patches HDEF, AZAL to HDEF and ALC*. See this thread for reference http://www.insanelym...howtopic=140941

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts
Hey guys, a new version is available on the first post.

Changes:

- When clicking on a node the 1st line will be on top (same on compile errors window)
- Comments on "node" creation lines will be preserved
- Improved reading/parsing performance
- IASL for Mac updated to version 20100702
- Auto patching of known errors on Compile output window ("method local variable is not initialized", "string must be entirely alphanumeric", "invalid combination of length and min/max fixed flags", "length is larger than min/max window", "invalid object type for reserved name (found integer, requires buffer)", "invalid object type for reserved name (found buffer, requires package)")
- General bug fixes

Mac OS: Posted Image DSDTEditor.zip ( 864.59K )

Linux and Windows: Posted Image DSDTEditor_Linux_Mac_Win.zip ( 1.22MB )

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

It's a bug in Windows version, will be fixed in next release. Thanks for reporting.

Device EC0 is inside LPCB in your DSDT, not inside SBRG, and there's no SF13 inside it. Look in the DSDT you got the code from.

Check patches HDEF, AZAL to HDEF and ALC*. See this thread for reference http://www.insanelym...howtopic=140941

So what would be the register I am looking for?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

So what would be the register I am looking for?

"^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LSTE" I believe.

http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=979

Nameci

Nameci

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

"^^PCI0.LPCB.EC0.LSTE" I believe.

http://www.projectos...p?showtopic=979

I have not patched yet my dsdt. I have found out that I can my notebook can sleep on lid close on battery but not on ac adapter. But when i wake it using the power button it returns to sleep.

Now this is getting to be more interesting.

:)

Thanks man for the replies, I will try to understand everything...

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
how do i start windows version ? i'm constantly getting

java virtual machine launcher: could not find the main class: DSDTParser.jar. The program will now exit.

Win 7 x86, JRE 6.0 update 21

kizwan

kizwan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts

Hey guys, a new version is available on the first post.

Changes:

- When clicking on a node the 1st line will be on top (same on compile errors window)
- Comments on "node" creation lines will be preserved
- Improved reading/parsing performance
- IASL for Mac updated to version 20100702
- Auto patching of known errors on Compile output window ("method local variable is not initialized", "string must be entirely alphanumeric", "invalid combination of length and min/max fixed flags", "length is larger than min/max window", "invalid object type for reserved name (found integer, requires buffer)", "invalid object type for reserved name (found buffer, requires package)")
- General bug fixes

Nice! Good job el coniglio & oldnapalm. I already tried it & I found it load DSL file much faster now. The Fix errors button works as it should be. I have a suggestion for your next release. Add an option to install the patch files to DSDT Editor working directory. Installed patch files will be available at the menu.

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

java virtual machine launcher: could not find the main class: DSDTParser.jar. The program will now exit.

That is strange. We tested it on this same setup. I think the problem can be:
* You extracted just the app jar and forgot the libs;
* You have more than one vm installed and is using a < 1.6 as default;

You can check the default version using java -version in the console; you can also try to run the program in the prompt:
navigate to the directory and execute "java -jar DSDTParser.jar". It will provide a more specific error in output.

kerr

kerr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

That is strange. We tested it on this same setup. I think the problem can be:
* You extracted just the app jar and forgot the libs;
* You have more than one vm installed and is using a < 1.6 as default;

You can check the default version using java -version in the console; you can also try to run the program in the prompt:
navigate to the directory and execute "java -jar DSDTParser.jar". It will provide a more specific error in output.

First to answer your suggestions

*No, i extracted everything
*No, i installed only Java 6

Second, program is running from the prompt, but with error:

2010-8-5 13:06:07 jsyntaxpane.DefaultSyntaxKit loadConfig
INFO: unable to load configuration for: class jsyntaxpane.syntaxkits.DsdtSyntaxKit from:
jsyntaxpane/syntaxkits/DsdtSyntaxKit/config.properties
Loaded Preferences

and java -version returns:

java version "1.6.0_21"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_21-b07)
Java Hotspot™ Client VM (build 17.0-b17, mixed mode, sharing)

Don't know if it is stable but i'll find DSDT and tell you later

Hope you find this useful :hysterical:

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,858 posts

program is running from the prompt, but with error:

2010-8-5 13:06:07 jsyntaxpane.DefaultSyntaxKit loadConfig
INFO: unable to load configuration for: class jsyntaxpane.syntaxkits.DsdtSyntaxKit from:
jsyntaxpane/syntaxkits/DsdtSyntaxKit/config.properties
Loaded Preferences

It's just an info, not an error, the app should work fine.

About running with double click, maybe Explorer is configured to open jar files with "java" instead of "java -jar". Try running "java DSDTParser.jar" in the command prompt, you will see the same error message, "Could not find the main class: DSDTParser.jar. Program will exit."

miko88

miko88

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
Anyone have a patched bios for a GA-G31M-ES2L rev.2 ?
Thanks.

fmac

fmac

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
Cool

for me the application of the year :)

anibalin

anibalin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
Hi guys, I have a question, when I compile I have this:
Posted Image

I click on fix errors but I still get this one left:
Posted Image

How can I fix that one? thanks in advance.

el coniglio

el coniglio

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

How can I fix that one? thanks in advance.

Hey anibalin, this happened cause of the size of the hex value (it expects 8 digits). I already added to todo's so it will be fixed on next release. For now you can manually fix it changing the length value to 0x0001 (range maximun - range minimum + 1).

anibalin

anibalin

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
thanks for the quick reply mate.
manually fixed.

rednous

rednous

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • Interests:graphic design, mac, progressive and house
oldnapalm, El Coniglio, and all following this thread here's the new version of iasl, 20100806

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, editor, patcher

Topic Stats Last Post Info

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2015 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy