Thanks. I've applied all of the following patches:

GMA950_laptop
DTGP
RTC Fix
HPET Fix
New HPET
HDEF
PIC & TIMR devices (manual patch)

How do I know if this is enough or if I have to apply more patches?

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,836 posts

How do I know if this is enough or if I have to apply more patches?

Test if the system works fine.

Here is a brief description of the usual patches.

naton

naton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Test if the system works fine.

Here is a brief description of the usual patches.

Thankss

Kuebeker

Kuebeker

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
There is a serious bug with this app.

If you inadvertently misplace a { or } and close the dsl document before fixing it you are royally screwed!
It will discard all code after the } which closes the definition block. Why the hell would you discard any code if it's in dsl form.

Just lost 5 days work I am fn fuming right now!

Is the source code for this app available?

Videl550

Videl550

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi, can anyone edit my dsdt for me?
I'm sort of a half-noob at it...I tried before and didn't get too far...
My motherboard is the Asus Rampage III Formula

I have tried using the auto patcher and it worked but not too well.
The hpet edits didn't help and I still needed the nullcpupowermanagment kext
Also the audio fix didn't work when I installed the ALC8xx kext (at the time I didn't try a rollback to 10.6.2 though)
Sleep still needed a sleep enabler, I don't know if thats how it always is...but I think its from the fact that the hpet
edits didn't work and I wasn't using the applecpupowermanagment kext and instead I was using nullcpupowermanagment
kext which, as I heard, kills native sleep...

Anyway, Is anyone here skilled enough to do a correct edit that would fix most of my issues so I can use less kexts?
I know I'm asking for a lot...but it would mean a lot for us rampage iii formula users...

I need the cmos reset fix, the reboot/shutdown fix, hda fix, sleep, hpet, and any other fixes that this mobo might need...
The sound chipset is ALC889, The lan controller is an Intel controller so I always use a kext for that...

So if anyone is able to do this nice thing and patch the dsdt for my board I would really appreciate it.
If anyone is willing to try, I can post a non-edited dsdt from my board.
Thanks.

Videl550

Videl550

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Ok sorry guys, never mind what I asked...I don't need any help anymore lol...

I just sat down again and figured it all out...
I now have a perfect dsdt system with correctly patched hpet and hdef...and native sleep!
Thanks to everyone who put work into developing the patches and the patcher itself! ;)

kdtt

kdtt

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Hi,
Before shutdown fix patch, my board shut down 1 out 10 times approximately.
and after patch shut down works very well.
I patched my board with gigabyte shutdown fix,although my board is evga x58.
because no other patches worked.
But now my power and hard disk LED light of my case never turns off.
Is there any fix for this?
Thanks

smigol81

smigol81

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Interests:Moto GP :: Rossi
    Buona musica...
    ...hackntosh!!
Hello all anyone could help me build my DSDT???
ask for the information you need

Mynotebook is

Hp Pavillon DV6 6169sl CPU i7-2670QM @ 2.20GHz - Bios F1B
Schede Video Intel HD 3000 e ATI Radeon HD 6770M

Audio IDT High Definition
Ethernet Realtek PCIe
Wi-Fi Broadcom 4313

naton

naton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi
I'm having a few problems with my advent 4213. I'm runing Win7 and Mac OS X 10.6.8 on it. The issue I'm having is when using the battery all of the following are off: webcam, WiFi, 3G, and bluetooth. To make the battery last longer, I think, the BIOS is set to turn them off when the AC adapter is unpluged. In Win 7 all I have to do is to use the right combination of Fn+Function key to switched them back. In Mac OS Fn+Function key does not work. I current work arround is to boot into Win7, switch them on, restart and then boot into make OS.

I'm wondering can I get Mac OS to switch them OS by editing my DSDT table?

Also, SleepEnabler for 10.6.8 doesn't seem to work on this netbook. When I put the netbook to sleep, the screen switches off for 1 or 2 seconds and then the netbook wakes. It doesn't freeze.
What part of the DSDT table I need to modify?

I doubt that there are any patches for this netbook, so I've to patch it myself. I hope I can get the necessary guidance to do it.

Thanks

Edit:
I reverted to an older version of the BIOS and everything is okay now.

Kuebeker

Kuebeker

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Message to El Coniglio,

Could you please release the source code so I other ppl can improve on it,
There is a FREAKING annoying bug that erases code because of a misplaced {, } OR {/*.

No matter how careful I am it still happens even if you get an error free AML compile prior to saving.
Or if you can fix it it would be perfect.
When there is an extra { or } on save it will discard all code after the { or }.
When adding comments and you type it like this {/*it also discards code on save but in a weird way. 
If you put the /* on a different line then it's ok.

To recap, an extra { or } and comments like this {/*  discards codes on save or when you do an update tree.

Stormin8

Stormin8

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Computers, Computers, and more Computers
Hey everybody,

I really am a noob at this hackintosh thing

I finally got snow leapord 10.6.3 Installed and every thing is working but my audio.

I went ahead and updated to 10.6.8, audio still doesn't work but now my internet stopped working too. So now I'm wondering if maybe a dsdt file would help.

Is it possible for anybody to take a look at my dsdt and patch it correctly because i have no idea how to do it?
My internet was working until i upgraded from 10.6.3 to 10.6.8
My system specs are:

Motherboard: GA-790FXTA-UD5
Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition
Memory: 2 x 4 gb DDR3 1333 Corsair = 8 Gb total
Graphics: Radeon HD 5670
Audio: Realtec ALC889 codec
3 x Samsung spinpoint F3 1 Tb (1 drive each for Wn 7, Ubuntu 11.10, and Osx 10.6.8)

Thank you so much!!

Attached File  send_me.zip   193.68KB   5 downloads

Axegrinder

Axegrinder

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hi oldnapalm i want to do some work for my nvidia card optimus one so to switch on or off the card i must copy some methods form ssdt of optimus table rom , ps0 , ps3 , on , off this my working dsdt and this the ssdt table that i want to copy from it some methods that needed on switching card and here i copied the five methods to the end of dsdt on alone scope to ignore some problems but there are to errors while compiling about this two lines

OperationRegion (BPCI, SystemMemory, EBAS (0x1000), Field (BPCI, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve) OperationRegion (BPC1, SystemMemory, EBAS (0x2000), Field (BPC1, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
can you please compile it for me :)

Hi guys! I've just posted on http://www.projectosx.com forum (as Thrashaxe) - would appreciate if you could provide any feedback on it.
http://www.projectos...indpost&p=17573

I am copying this post here for ease of reference and responding! Thanks a lot in advance !!!!

Based on all the info contained in this topic - If my only goal for the video adapter card GT 525M (on Dell n5110) is to power the card down at start-up and make sure it does not power up when waking up from sleep - would doing the following be enough? (please give your advice).

1. Inserting this method into DSDT.dsl

Method (PINI, 0, NotSerialized)
{
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._ON ()
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS0 ()
}

2. Put PINI() at the beginning of the _WAK method and _INI method (the _INI within device PEG0).

3. Copy methods _PS0 and _ON from SSDT-4 and SGON from SSDT-3 to the end of my DSDT.dsl

4. Copy methods _PS3 and _OFF from SSDT-4 and SGOF from SSDT-3 to the end my DSDT.dsl

5. Hardcode LEqual parameters following the example shown by DoiX in this topic for the methods copied from SSDT-4 and SSDT-3 into my DSDT.dsl.

6.Compile and debug if there are any errors.

And please let me ask a few more questions:
1. What would be different if instead of the PINI above we used this?:

Method (PINI, 0, NotSerialized)
{
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._OFF ()
\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP._PS3 ()
}

2. Would it be sufficient to copy only _PS3 and _OFF from SSDT-4 and SGOF from SSDT-3 to DSDT.dsl if the only goal to have the card powered down at all times to avoid excessive battery drain and heat? It seems that methods _PS0 and _ON and SGON affect the “POWERED ON” state of the card’s power state (please correct me if I am wrong).

3. Is it ok to place _PS0, _ON, SGOF, _PS3, _OFF, SGON at the very end of DSDT – or they should be at the end of PEG0 section – or maybe some other specific place?

4. When querying functions in AIDA64 to determine the values that should be hardcoded – is using the “Quick query” button enough? Just use the value as it is provided as a result – e.g. 0x00000001 or whatever goes after ”0x”?

Many thanks in advance for your feedback and advice!!!

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
recently someone noticed that min/max address error being fixed in dells was a bad thing.
compiled in dsdtse and no error and pc boots normal.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
I just PM'ed el C:

Hi el coniglio,

every once in a while I update iasl from https://www.acpica.o...nary_tools.php. The most recent Windows iasl.exe 20120420 prevents the "fix errors" window in DSDT E&P to pop up, and the dsl gets compiled into a .aml WITH errors.

Have not tried the Mac iasl binary yet.

Also there is a serious compile error as already noted here by NOYFB where code gets *deleted* ..

Hope it's OK to let you know?

Thank you,

Bugs

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,836 posts
Latest IASL send error messages to stderr, previous versions send to stdout.

el coniglio sent me a bugfix release which I attached to the first post.

Changes:
  • fixed bug which caused data loss if number of open and close brackets don't match
  • fixed compile window to work with new IASL versions
  • updated IASL to 20120420

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
thanks, but sorry about the bad news: I just tested the new compile from first posting in Windows with a test DSDT which contains errors - compile: yes, Window w. error correction & error correction: no.

As soon as I overwrite the most current iASL.exe from your package (2012-04-20) with the previous one (2012.03.20) (possible on the fly while DSDT E&P is running), the error correction Window is back.

I have not tested in OS X.

To facilitate debugging I attached the buggy DSDT.

oldnapalm

oldnapalm

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Moderators
  • 6,836 posts
I tested in Windows and it opens your file, compile window opens with latest IASL.

Can you run from command line (java -jar DSDTParser.jar) and look for error messages when compile window fails to open?

TUX FIRE

TUX FIRE

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Hello

Plz if someone know if there is a fix for the backlight, it work but i get the max brightness juste after each wake up, my dsdt is patched.

thank you.

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,513 posts
LOL let me explain what happened here: I had simply extracted the new version into the folder of the old one 'cause I have some custom patches in there. I did not see until now while debugging that the DSDT Editor.jar has become obsolete - that it's now integrated into DSDT Parser.jar and launched via java -jar DSDTParser.jar ..

executed DSDT Editor.bat, and yes confirmed, error & warning window shows up again even w. most recent iAsl.exe. Deleted old DSDT Parser.jar
:tomato: <-- me

bigpoppa206

bigpoppa206

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
Is it just me? The newest DSDT Editor is giving me errors on compile that I never had before.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DSDT, editor, patcher

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy