DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

I just PM'ed el C:

Hi el coniglio,

every once in a while I update iasl from https://www.acpica.o...nary_tools.php. The most recent Windows iasl.exe 20120420 prevents the "fix errors" window in DSDT E&P to pop up, and the dsl gets compiled into a .aml WITH errors.

Have not tried the Mac iasl binary yet.

Also there is a serious compile error as already noted here by NOYFB where code gets *deleted* ..

Hope it's OK to let you know?

Thank you,

Bugs

Latest IASL send error messages to stderr, previous versions send to stdout.

el coniglio sent me a bugfix release which I attached to the first post.

Changes:

• fixed bug which caused data loss if number of open and close brackets don't match
  • fixed compile window to work with new IASL versions
  • updated IASL to 20120420

thanks, but sorry about the bad news: I just tested the new compile from first posting in Windows with a test DSDT which contains errors - compile: yes, Window w. error correction & error correction: no.

As soon as I overwrite the most current iASL.exe from your package (2012-04-20) with the previous one (2012.03.20) (possible on the fly while DSDT E&P is running), the error correction Window is back.

I have not tested in OS X.

To facilitate debugging I attached the buggy DSDT.

I tested in Windows and it opens your file, compile window opens with latest IASL.

Can you run from command line (java -jar DSDTParser.jar) and look for error messages when compile window fails to open?

LOL let me explain what happened here: I had simply extracted the new version into the folder of the old one 'cause I have some custom patches in there. I did not see until now while debugging that the DSDT Editor.jar has become obsolete - that it's now integrated into DSDT Parser.jar and launched via java -jar DSDTParser.jar ..

executed DSDT Editor.bat, and yes confirmed, error & warning window shows up again even w. most recent iAsl.exe. Deleted old DSDT Parser.jar

:tomato: <-- me

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, please i still not have a good DSDT.aml till this day.

I have : Intel q9650 + PowerColor HD4870 512 + Asus P5Q-E and 6G ram, i use these patches: p5q-e, AD2000, DTGP, RTC, SBUS, Alias fix, _T_x rename ),

and i have many time black screen and screen blockage bugs in the mac os x lion.

If anyone can help me make a correction or remake a new DSDT, I'd be very grateful.

Here is my Original DSDT.aml from windows, thanks

Original_Windows-P5Q-E_DSDT.zip

I have : Intel q9650 + PowerColor HD4870 512 + Asus P5Q-E and 6G ram, i use these patches: p5q-e, AD2000, DTGP, RTC, SBUS, Alias fix, _T_x rename ),

and i have many time black screen and screen blockage bugs in the mac os x lion.

If anyone can help me make a correction or remake a new DSDT, I'd be very grateful.

Try this guy's and see if it works any better http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=47362&p=380384&hilit=+P5Q+DSDT#p380384

Hi BugsB, I have read a lot of your posts re the Dell 745, I think you have a SFF? I have the larger DFF (full size DVD drive)

I have been trying to get different parts working on the system. Maybe you can help?

I'm using Onboard audio, onboard network and a powercolour 5450 graphics card (512MB)

I have the same problem as you with Lion, I have to disable kernel cache for the system to find the SATA controller!

I had to setup a DSDT and edit it to use the PCIRoot correctly. With this set the framebuffer is know loaded for the graphics.

I got a member of the bootloader dev team to add my card subid's. So it gets reported as a 5450 and not a 5430m.

I have editted the Voodoohda and added my device ID for the audio and HMDI. I have a problem here! The onboard sound works but I can't get the HDMI to work!!

Also in sound pref I can only select HDMI? Have you got round this?

Also i'm have problems with sleep, it just don't work!! The display goes black and the fans are still on. I cant get the system out of this state… i have to reset the system. Have you got this working?

I have a very small number of kext in the extra folder, if you like I will report what they are?

Any help from anyone would be great,

thanks,

Ross

Hi Son_Of_Mole/ Ross. I guess u're ware u're hijacking this thread a bit but oh well we all do so every once in a while ..

I think you should do two things (if you haven't already):

1. apply my package from here (I'll add a different package at some point w. bootcache on, but that requires SATA legacy mode in BIOS ..just so people have a choice)
  2. your grfx card HDMI sound issue: the best step-by-step manual seems to be here, and the key to look for is sense-id. If these steps don't lead to success for you, you could either post into that thread, or start a dedicated thread in that forum.

Yes, sleep and wake-up work here, no problem. Have not gotten further into HDMI audio because I don't have the time. Am happy w. regular audio-out right now. I'm very busy right now and on the week-end, so I'll try to get back to you Su. nite.

Cheers,

Bugs

Try this guy's and see if it works any better http://www.tonymacx8...5Q+DSDT#p380384

Thanks bigpoppa206! I have a P5Q-E, but in this topic there is a solution for P5Q Deluxe and this one have EFI bios but not mine.

I need just a little help to fix for my DSDT.aml for my Q9650 he hang in boot sometimes like : "CPU Halted" and i"ll just have fix a C-State and P-State in DSDT

and if possible to ad injection of my graphics card to DSDT.

Just updated to the new version posted with the new IASL compiler - and have a new warning cropped up on me... 4134 Warning _REG has no corresponding Operation Region

any ideas what that's about? and if it could interfere with anything? all seems to be working fine - it's under the SATA device...

DSDT is attached.

[!!!Update]:

Apparently i have to add an "OperationRegion (XXXX, EmbeddedControl, XXXX, XXXX)

which asus did not bother doing for the sata device... now looking for the right definition - if anyone can help - it'd be much appreciated

dsdt11-final-Stage1-11.zip

• 1 month later...

Guys, may I kindly ask you to help me with the following two USB errors in kernel.log while booting in Mountain Lion, 10.8:

USBF: 0.282 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff8011f96000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep
USBF: 0.285 AppleUSBEHCI[0xffffff8011f9d000]::CheckSleepCapability - controller will be unloaded across sleep

Im attaching my current DSDT -> DSDT_rednous_ML_10.8.dsl.zip

Im thankful for your assistance & time spent in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

@oldnapalm

Thanks for the great application and for sharing it. Great Work!

I have a problem with the Orange Icon patch I do not see any changes at all when I apply it. The before and After do not show nay differences either. I am running this in ML GM.

Before and After:

Device (SATA)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0002)
Name (^NATA, Package (0x01)
{
0x001F0002
})
Name (\FZTF, Buffer (0x07)
{
0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0xF5
})
Name (REGF, One)
Method (_REG, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Store (Arg1, REGF)
}
}
Name (TIM0, Package (0x08)
{
Package (0x04)
{
0x78,
0xB4,
0xF0,
0x0384
},
Package (0x04)
{
0x23,
0x21,
0x10,
Zero
},
Package (0x04)
{
0x0B,
0x09,
0x04,
Zero
},
Package (0x06)
{
0x78,
0x5A,
0x3C,
0x28,
0x1E,
0x14
},
Package (0x06)
{
Zero,
One,
0x02,
One,
0x02,
One
},
Package (0x06)
{
Zero,
Zero,
Zero,
One,
One,
One
},
Package (0x04)
{
0x04,
0x03,
0x02,
Zero
},
Package (0x04)
{
0x02,
One,
Zero,
Zero
}
})

• 4 weeks later...

@oldnapalm

Question, is the IASL fairly up to date and if not after we fix using DSDT editor and Patcher can we compile the DSDT with the new IASL script floating around or copy the latest IASL over the one in DSDT Editor and Patcher

Wow I see my previous post was not answered.

Maybe someone else may know the answer to this question?

Thanks

@oldnapalm

Question, is the IASL fairly up to date and if not after we fix using DSDT editor and Patcher can we compile the DSDT with the new IASL script floating around or copy the latest IASL over the one in DSDT Editor and Patcher

Wow I see my previous post was not answered.

Maybe someone else may know the answer to this question?

Thanks

I am seeing compilation problems even on a tried and true DSDT file that has never had an error.

You must difference between JAVA 7 Browserplugin und JAVA 7 itself.

The normal JAVA 7 update is only for the JAVA (Applet) Browserplugin.

To get JAVA 7 for JAVA Apps you must also downlload the JAVA 7 SDK.

But most JAVA Apps didnt work if you set JAVA 7 as the only Version. If you put JAVA 7 first in the settings (JAVA seetings) most JAVA Apps will take JAVA 6.

At least on OS X it will take more time (for enduser usage!) to get JAVA 7 usable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got a quick question for everybody. I extracted my DSDT from my Windows partition and transferred it to my OS X and changed the extension to .aml already. Would anybody possibly be willing to take a look at it for me as I'm a noob at this and don't understand it much. The DSDT is from a Gateway DX4870-UM20P Desktop computer. Any help is greatly appreciated and I can upload it if anybody is willing to take a look and possibly give me some more info on it and what I may possibly need. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...