DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

999 posts in this topic

strange that 2a causes stop at blue screen.

could it be smbios model?

or pci in dsdt

Device (PCI0)
    {
	    Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
	    Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
	    Name (_ADR, 0x00) //remove this and retry
	    Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)
	    {
		    Return (0x00)
	    }
	    Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)
	    {
		    Return (BN00 ())
	    }
	    Name (_UID, 0x00)

the smbios that used now is a standard macbookpro 8,1 as the composition is sandybridge i5. i will take a look and search, and try to others smbios.

pci device id is quite confusing for me to insert in dsdt [dsm method etc]. this asus u36sd did not have generic usb controller like 8086, 27, but has 2 EHCI.

usb is not related to problem. ( i have 2 ehci in my dell inspiron 1520)

the device id 2b is not the one u want to fake. u want 2A but u say it gives blue screen.

post your dsdt http://www.mediafire...pc7pzab8o297qua

might have to change the /System/Library/SystemConfiguration/Apple80211Monitor.bundle from older 10.6.3

How can i use this editor in Windows? I can see the Syntax.rtf but that does not help any ...

Take care ...

After some fiddling around i got the following responce:

C:\DSDTEditor-Linux-Mac-Win>java -jar DSDTParser.jar
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/swing/GroupLayout$Group
    at dsdtparser.DSDTParserApp.startup(DSDTParserApp.java:44)
    at org.jdesktop.application.Application$1.run(Application.java:171)
    at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
    at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

What do i do with this?

Take care ...

Which version of JRE are you using?

I'm using "build 1.5.0_13-b05", so i suspect that this is my problem, and this is the only Windows box that i can get, plus is my corporate pc (no java update). At home i could do something on my openSuSE box, at least i could start the GUI. But now i need to learn DSDT.

As you can guess, i'm fairly "green" with this DSDT, so, could you point to some good HowTo/Tutorial? I need to get educated ...

Thank you in advance

Hi oldnapalm,

You helped me to get my Snow Lepord fixed with DSDT for Intel GMA950 desktop. SL is working fine. I did a Lion install on same hardware but same DSDT did not work for Lion. I used your Editor in Lion to do same steps to GMA950 but it dud not work.

My question; Can we use the same DSDT editor & patches in Lion like we used in SL?

I am also not sure GMA950 works in 64bit in Lion.

Thanks to provide me with guidance.

Mathew

The info you are giving is not enough.

Check if AppleLPC is loaded (kextstat), if it's not, apply one LPC patch (according to chipset).

Enable GeneratePStates and GenerateCStates in Chameleon, use SMBIOS of a Mac with similar hardware (MacPro3,1 I guess) and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.

Hi,

and thanks for your answer. Yes i've already tried the lpc patch from the patches.

Here are all patches i've tried:

Lcp for ich10

dgtp patch because without iasl says there is an error and with it not

rtc patch

and speedstep for core 1-4 and 3 steps

Applelpc.kext doesn't load, i don't know why may you see an error in my dsdt.aml. The file i've already uploaded is unmodified. Nullcpupowermanagement.kext is removed and smbios is set to mac pro 3.1 and chameleon has generate p and c states enabled

AppleLPC should be loaded with patch LPC ICH10. Make sure you have the kext installed and with correct permissions. Try to load it running sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleLPC.kext in terminal.

Also make sure the dsdt.aml is being loaded by Chameleon, run bdmesg in terminal or type Wait=yes -v in boot prompt.

You don't need the SpeedStep patch, just enable "generate states" in Chameleon.

Hi,

ok i've compiled my dsdt only with lpc patch for ich10 but applelpc.kext doesn't load. I've tried to load it manually but terminal says only 3.2 ghz in hz with sysctl -a | grep cpufrequency. Maybe i need to say i need npci=0x2000 to boot. My dsdt is loaded i can read it "read hfs+ file: hd(X,X)/dsdt.aml.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get this board up and running and can't seem to get Lion booting right.

This board has been great help in the past, so I figured I'd come back and ask the pros :D

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130305

dsdt extracted in linux included in post's attachment.

thx!

dsdt_g41m-p23_ORIG.aml.zip

Thanks! My system now works without Ev0reboot and NCPM with speedstepper installed and sleep works perfectly with all fans/lights turning off but the problem I have left is that my system doesn't seem to fully wake-up, fans/lights turn on and hdd activity led also comes alive but there's no lcd display and lights on my usb keyboard and mouse. any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks again!

Did you ever managed to get wake from sleep working? mine goes to sleep fine, tries to wake up but no screen or mouse/kb/lan lights and needs a hard reboot.

//Edit: Nvm, found a way to fix the sleep/wake issue on my asrock z68 board, in case anyone needs this i wrote a quick guide

hello

I have a SONY VAIO VPCEH2N1E/W http://www.sony.it/p...5fe12cd79fa98e7

I wanted to know if I would do a dsdt for my computer

What works:

Touch pad, keyboard, webcam, wifi, lan, battery. sound is not perfect, but the volume is low

What doesn't works:

Brightness Fn Keys

No audio HDMI

About this computer crashes the system.

a lot when I work kp

HD3000 does not always work well "sometimes does not work I have to reboot"

many thanks in advance !!!

dsdt.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

i have installed Mac OS X 10.6.6 on my LG R510 Notebook with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]. (combo update for 10.6.8 still downloading)

kexts installed

fakesmc.kext + mobo plugin

PS2 kexts for touchpad and keyboard

voodoohda for audio

Problems:

USB does not work, in systeminformations i can see the usb devices but nothing work (cam, mouse, umts-stick)

yellowicons (no yellow with yellow icon patch)

shutdown and reboot does not work proberly

sleep does not work

most important for me is usb and shutdown!!

last night i have testet many patches for DSDT but nothing works (only yellowicon patch)

can anybody help me please?

in attachment the send_me.zip without custom dsdt

send_mw280112.zip

Hi Oldnapalm;

i have a Sony Vaio F113FD with this Specs:

M.B: intel 5 Series Motherboard

cpu: Intel i7 Q 720 1.6

Vidio: Nvidia G310M with Cuda

Wireless: Atheros AR9285

Lan: Marvell 88E8040

bluetooth: BCM ???

Card reader: ricoh sd/memory card Controller

I installed Mac Lion 10.7 but it is not working as it should be, i only got Firewire, and sometime i get bluetooth working but, No wireless,Lan, video is @1024x800 all the time.

i updated it to 10.72 but now i'm getting "Still Waiting For Boot Device". I need to make it fully working with a DSDT if it is possible Please!!!!!!!

i really appreciate your help and thanks a lot in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to have a link on your thread to MaLd0n's huge database of DSDT's he prepared for all the folks a while back?

It would be nice. I keep getting emails about how can one get the DSDT patch that I have.

Thanks

You should ask MaLd0n, Auto-Patcher was maintained by him and it was his decision to take it off-line (as well as deleting the original topic). Since it's his work I won't publish it here without his permission.

The patches from latest version are available here.