DSDT editor and patcher

oldnapalm

1,000 posts in this topic

Hello oldnapalm,

It is possible to have suspend activity on Lion DP2 (built 11A59e ) with the same config pc and the same dsdt as snow ?

I have the dvd player that wakes up every 5 minutes,I do not know why. :)

When I click suspend activity only screen goes black, the other components do not stop.

You think it comes from the dsdt or ?

Thanks advance.

Hello oldnapalm,

It is possible to have suspend activity on Lion DP2 (built 11A59e ) with the same config pc and the same dsdt as snow ?

I have the dvd player that wakes up every 5 minutes,I do not know why. ;)

When I click suspend activity only screen goes black, the other components do not stop.

You think it comes from the dsdt or ?

Thanks advance.

Sorry, no idea.

Sleep works fine in the Asus P5E using the same DSDT as in Snow Leopard.

Is it possible to compile it for windows? :(

You'd think it would work by extracting the jar files in the Resources folder from the app.

I'm having all sorts of trouble getting the jar file to run in Windows. When I finally figured it out, the jar file doesn't run.

I get a pop up box saying...

Could not find the main class: c:\DSDT patcher-Win\DSDT-Auto-patcher.jar. Program will now exit

I run it on my os x hack, but run into errors (can't remember what they were now, will have to run it again and take notes)

I've attached the extracted file from acpi - someone else may need it also.

Its from my HP Pavilion DV6 (see my signature for details)

dsdt_SLIC_MPC.dsl.txt

If you have JRE installed it should work with a double click on the jar file.

The errors in your DSDT are fixed by the "fix errors" button.

If you are talking about Auto-Patcher, please post in Maldon's topic, maybe the DV6 patch needs some tweaks to work with your model.

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys,

Been trying lately to fix DSDT for Dell XPS L501X (Core i7 720QM, 8GB RAM, GeForce GT 435M) but i came upon this problem. It's an error and a warning in line 4277 in this Method under Device (PEGP)

post-460532-1308418075_thumb.png

and the error:

4277 Error parse error

4277 Warning Statement is unreachable

I tried to figure this out my self and tried the following without success:

1. I moved Return (NVOP) at the bottom, just below Arg3. In this case the warning disappears, but the parse error stays.

2. Then i tried to put all Args in the return command as the next If:

If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)
							{
								/* 0000 */	0xF8, 0xD8, 0x86, 0xA4, 0xDA, 0x0B, 0x1B, 0x47, 
								/* 0008 */	0xA7, 0x2B, 0x60, 0x42, 0xA6, 0xB5, 0xBE, 0xE0
							}))
					{
						P8XH (Zero, 0xE7)
						Return (NVOP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3))
					}

but then i get this

Error Not a control method, cannot invoke (NVOP is a Integer)

Can you help me fixing this ?

Oh, and the dsdt -

dsdt.dsl.zip

I guess you can just remove

Arg0
							Arg1
							Arg2
							Arg3

after

Return (NVOP)

Anything after "return" will be unreachable statement anyway.

If you run iasl in terminal it will generate the aml despite the error.

thanks oldnapalm, removing Args was the first thing i thought of, but i really want to know what i'am doing and if this is the appropriate thing to do.

UPDATE: Playing with the L501X DSDT i came upon this situation

In this device:

Device (A_CC)
	{
		Name (_HID, "SMO8800")
		Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)
		{
			Return (0x0F)
		}
		Name (_UID, One)
		Name (BUF2, ResourceTemplate ()
		{
			Interrupt (ResourceConsumer, Edge, ActiveHigh, Exclusive, ,, )
			{
				0x00000014,
			}
		})
		Method (_CRS, 0, Serialized)
		{
			Return (BUF2)
		}
		Method (_SRS, 1, Serialized)
		{
			Return (BUF2)
		}
	}

iaslMe compiler from 16.03.2011 gives a warning:

/Volumes/MacStorage/Dropbox/Dell XPS L501X/dsdt1.dsl   8754:				 Return (BUF2)
Warning  1128 -							   Reserved method should not return a value ^  (_SRS)

But DSDTEditor for Mac from the first post does not consider it a warning and compiles dsdt cleanly. Which is the right one ?

Hello,

i am use autopatcher for my P35-DS3 gigabyte board. After install end got no sound, and i need use Legacy889aHDA.kext

i found HDA patcher for gigabyte, but this generate a new DSDT file..

how i use DSDT editor? (sry for a noob ask)

i think i need insert inside my DSDT sound and graphics card..

my actually files is here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1700293

But DSDTEditor for Mac from the first post does not consider it a warning and compiles dsdt cleanly. Which is the right one ?

It depends on IASL version. If you update "DSDT Editor.app/Contents/Resources/Java/iasl" you should have the same results as with iaslMe.

how i use DSDT editor?

There's a video in the first post showing how to apply a patch. If you don't have the patch in this format you can edit manually, the other procedures are the same (compile, save AML).

There's a video in the first post showing how to apply a patch. If you don't have the patch in this format you can edit manually, the other procedures are the same (compile, save AML).

ok, thx (i am ... blind.. :()

I have an Asus CG5290 desktop which has a modified Rampage II Gene MoBo. I believe it has AD 2000b audio. I tried to use your auto patcher but apparently my DSDT does not have name_adr 0x001B0000. It doesn't have HDEF or AZAL either. So how and where am I supposed to insert this patch?

My DSDT is HERE.

First apply the patch HDEF, then AD1988B.

Sweet. Thanks. I got the autopatcher to work. After I patched my DSDT for AD1988b I then added the AD1988B.HDA.FIX.kext to by /E/E folder. I still don't have sound :P There are no audio inputs displayed in the System Preferences window.

When I boot verbose I get this...

Jun 23 18:55:00 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit
Jun 23 18:55:00 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit
Jun 23 18:55:00 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit
Jun 23 18:55:00 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit

Pretty ugly. Any ideas?

Your codec may have some difference (other revision or something) from the legacy kext you are trying.

I use this one, it's a bit different

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=62649

I got even more errors with that one.

Jun 23 19:43:41 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit
Jun 23 19:43:42 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit
Jun 23 19:43:42 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit
Jun 23 19:43:42 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 202 goto Exit
Jun 23 19:43:42 Bob-Smiths-Mac-Pro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-199.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDADriver.cpp" at line 1667 goto Exit

Interestingly with both I get this...

Sound.png

and at the same time this...

Sound2.png

I guess the info in System Profiler is set by PinConfigurations in DSDT patch, but to AppleHDA actually work the legacy kext must match your codec exactly. You will need to edit the Info.plist in legacy kext (ConfigData) based on a Linux or Windows codec dump.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=149128

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=465

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happens to me on P5B-Deluxe (AD1988B), I followed the guides mentioned above, but im not very able to patch the plist.

I have added the fix on my dsdt, (HDEF+AD1988B) and the fix kext on E/E, use ApleHDA from HERE but no sound :rolleyes:

post-134941-1309939000_thumb.png

post-134941-1309939025_thumb.jpg

This is my DSDT with all audio codec dumps pinconfig, configData and more.

Audio_codec_dump.zip

any help is welcome ;) .

Anyone knows if there's a way to fix PCI Configuration Begin bug, some say that this has to be fixed with Device (PCI) changing _ADR to _UID or adding _UID.

The problem is that my motherboard seems to have it but still hangs on PCI Configuration Begin

here's my DSDT unpatched for Intel DP45SG motherboard.

DP45SG_No_Patched.txt

Have you tried this?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1706503

Your DSDT has both _ADR and _UID

Device (PCI0)
       {
           Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
           Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
           [color="#FF0000"]Name (_ADR, Zero)[/color]
           Method (^BN00, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (Zero)
           }
           Method (_BBN, 0, NotSerialized)
           {
               Return (BN00 ())
           }
           [color="#FF0000"]Name (_UID, Zero)[/color]

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings!

I have been searching hi and lo for DSDT patches/fixes for my ASRock Z68 Extreme4 with no success so I was wondering if anyone here can help me.

Here are the files I hope can help you decipher my DSDT = send_me.zip (I used MaLd0n's app)

Problems:

1. Sleep/Wake

2. When I use SleepEnabler kext it sleep seems to work but not wake

3. No video output when using HDMI

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!