Maxxuss, back?

macFabri

83 posts in this topic

lets just clean this up a bit.

bugsBunny, while everything you're saying is true, you're coming off very pessimistic. You have that right, but its fun for us to have a little faith in maxxuss.

RA_WILL_KILL, BugsBunny is right. It is very misleading to have the title of the page "Maxxuss | I'm back!" when he neither said he was coming back, or gave any implication that he was coming back.

Keep in mind that everyone and their mom is interested if maxxuss will return to us. This thread already has almost 4000 views in 2 days which is more than some of our stickies in 3 months. Lets chill out, because if maxxuss decides NOT to come back because we're fawning over him, then we're all at a loss. No one can reproduce maxxuss's achievements with osx86 so we need to give him a little room to breathe.

@ james2mart: accepted everything you said, even backing it up. Well I'm going to bed now. Hope by tomorrow a cracked preview of x86 10.5 is out which Ra & Max have cracked mutually .. ;)

Nite.

PS: I'll start a new posting in this forum now every morning saying "H E L L O W O R L D - I'm B A D" .. :-)))))

Its not the fact that the page has google ads, its the fact that to get google ads you have to give personal information that could be traced back to you. No one in their right mind would do that if they were in Maxxuss's situation.

Seriously, people, what a load of BS.

Maxxuss had his reasons to leave and, if he were to come back, he wouldn't come back like this.

This is just someones sad little joke.

To the people who believe this;

lolidiots.gif

Well... I might be wrong but... i also thought the old version of the maxxuss site had google ads, but then again... i might be wrong... i havent seen it for a long time.

The google ads are not our only motivation for believing this is a hoax. If you want to instill a bit more belief from me, repost your irc screenshot with everything blurred out the same except the channel modes. Still would take more than that to make me believe anything is true about maxxuss being back.

I can sign on as Jesus christ and say I will be coming soon, ref: second coming of christ . It's out of Maxxuss' Character to announce he is back, Maxxuss just shows up and usually when he does something, so I personally think this to be a hoax....

You all benefit from the fruits of Maxxuss's work more than any other contributor to the whole project. Actually, it isn't even technically correct to associate him with the "osx86 project" because he essentially worked alone. He is the most talked-about hacker, yet he is the least understood.

The evidence so far proves the following:

- Maxxuss isn't dead

- If he's in a maximum security prison, it has internet

So how does anyone conclude that he's "back" as in "back in the OS X hacking business?" Regaurdless of whether the sites and pictures are legitimate, there is no direct statement that he has any intent to continue his work.

Maxxuss will continue the project. I have a feeling. But he's smarter than you'd think. Timing wise, it wouldn't make sense for him to make a cameo appearance. It never rains but it pours.

The evidence so far proves the following:

- Maxxuss isn't dead

- If he's in a maximum security prison, it has internet

LOL :gathering: you are so right with everything else you are writing .. Apart from that I think Ra's behaviour in this matter here is really strange and childish alltogether, I guess he is still very young. Instead of even trying to start a conversation with Maxxuss like "hey maxx, I just saw a maxxuss in my IRC, was that really you? If it really was im stoked, I am happy you are still around. How's life?" first thing he does is setting up that website pretending to be Maxxuss and writing in his voice "I'm back". Which is (unbelievably) still up on that site, BTW. And Ra is still wondering why his outburst is now called a hoax right on the front page. Oh well, we human beings make mistakes and dumm things to learn out of them (hopefully) . . . :poster_oops:

What happend to the website?

Has it been removed?

When I go to it nothing opens, only a white blank page. :)

Was this whole thing just a scam? <shoot -- I got excited for a minute>

Anyway if this is true then welcome back!!!! :dev:

Uggh...

What's always amazed me is this feeling of reverence that people have towards maxxuss, acting as if he's some sort of god. While I greatly appreciate the amazing work that he did, it's ultimately created this whole group of people who sit around waiting for someone else to do work for them, with the exception of the fine people over at win2osx/hackintosh, and many others who most of you will never know. Like Deetman put it, Maxxuss wasn't the first to do any sort of OS X hacking, simply the one who made it easiest for everyday users to run OS X on their beige boxes.

I guess what I'm trying to get at, is that the whole concept of idolizing maxxuss is getting very damned annoying. The fact that this story is making such a splash is testament to that. By no means am I saying that I wouldn't welcome any new work by maxxuss, it's simply that other people need to step up, and realise that maxxuss is not the be all end of OS X hacking.

Fin.

..with the exception of the fine people over at win2osx/hackintosh ..
from what I know win2osx is dead, right? And what do you mean by hackintosh - hackintosh.org? That's 90% dead, too. Or do you mean another site?

OK I think the best way to settle this one is to call upon the all and mighty Jas, Jas in the past has been able to make contact with Maxxuss, so Jas if you happen to read this message, give us your input on this one, Is Maxxuss Back or is this all a made up story...