Maxxuss, back?

macFabri

83 posts in this topic

WOW,...

Can this be true?

Have all our prayers been answered? :(

All I can say is this seems to good to be true, and there are a few reasons that make me think that this is not true. I think that this is a move by apple to see how hakintosh users will react and how many users are there.

All we can do is wait, pray and wish that this is true because he is probably the only one capable of cracking os x 10.5 .

The WhoIs data is the same as before for those of you that don't remember.

Interesting.

At that address, The full name is J. Michael Evans in Westminster, MD. 21158.

a J. Michael Evans works as the Director of Public Works for Carroll County in zip code 21157. J. Michael Evans works for the government. If the WHOIS data is the same as before, Maxxuss either knows the guy and likes him, knows the guy and hates him, or picked him randomly to screw over.

Take your pick.

Agreed the whois data is the same as before. When Maxxuss site was up under (Obvious Name). I checked it because I wanted to know who this mysterious person was and I still have the text document that has WHOIS info in it. It matches perfectly. He could have faked his whois info but who knows. All I know is its him the same as before. Unless someone else used the same whois info.

RA_WILL KILL

Are you saying you registered the domain for Maxxuss? If so you must of had some contact with him.

RA_WILL_KILL:

I said that the WHOIS information points to a certain address. A reverse address shows up as J. Michael Evans in zip code 21158. a J. Michael Evans works as a Director of Public Works for the government in zip code 21157.

I did NOT say that J. Michael Evans is Maxxuss! I said that thats who the WHOIS information points to! Read my post again and don't just skim it.

So if J. Michael Evans were his father, would it be in the realm of possibility to call The Dept. of Public Works, ask to speak to Mr. Evans, and then say "Hey, I'm a friend of your son, My name is John (any name). I lost his number and he mentioned that you worked with the state, so do you happen to have a way i could reach him?" Completely anonymous, prolly couldnt hurt.

A post has been added to the site:

Maxxuss was spotted in a private IRC channel by me, the one which he set up for us to talk inside. He left very quickly, before I got to say anything or ping him. He just popped in an out. So, I rushed into my email and sent him an email saying “What’s going on?” and within a few hours I recieved an email which stated simply “hello, whats up” unless someone hacked his email, which I greatly disbelieve, maxxuss is at least still able to send emails and go into IRC. More news as it arrives.

is this anyone in our community? Or is this a joke or scam?

Guys come on, lets not all start stalking Maxxuss here. If Maxxuss has truly begun his return to us (if he ever really left in the first place) then he will come out an announce himself when he is darned good and ready. Maxxuss, if you are back, Welcome!

Who is writing the blog? Its in the 3rd Person POV. So someone is talking about Maxxuss. Not Maxxuss talkin bout himself. Also, if you are writing the blog come forward. Uhh, as for the sighting of Maxxuss on the IRC. That might have been me. I chaged my nick to Maxxuss to see what everyone would say. I was just having fun. But then again that was at about 11 O'clock PM MST. If it was later than that then it wasn't me. Sorry for the confusion. ;)

guys, just him popping up for a sec in a IRC channel (no matter which one and no matter if it appears to be true) and him writing three words in a replay email doesn't mean more than just - well, him popping up for a sec in a IRC channel and him writing three words in a replay email .. apart from that it means that he has not died ever since he cracked Skype a couple of months ago (which is another great act of "liberating artificially restricted code", which he obviously does not like, which again I like him for - computer users' Robin Hood, so to speak .. ;) ).

Also, Ra_Will_Kill, you deliberatley evoked the impression amongst us that it was Maxxuss himself who wrote the line "I'm back". You used his name - that is neither nice nor professional. I don't think you have made yourself a better friend with Maxxuss pretending to be him. Sorry.

Ever since he cracked Skype we have known anyway that he is still around and thta he has not dropped into some black hole in cyberspace. Now, his recent sign of life does not mean by any chance that he will continue his work cracking Mac OS x86 !! So guys, you know what? CHILL - keep it cool again. All this fuzz which Ra_Will_Kill started with setting up this website is - totally useless! Well that's my opinion.

GreetZ,

Bugs.

It's the way you set it up and the wrong impression you evoked by that. Why didn't you write "Maxxuss has given a sign of life today [date]" ?? That's quite a difference.

Also, March - well what what a huge difference in time from March till today ;) ..

It's not about the email address. I wouldn't even want it, I think it is too dangerous to have a working email adress of maxxuss .. ;) Still, you might just wanna change that top line on your page to something more true and authentic, like what I suggested before. See, I don't know Maxxuss' attitude, but don't you consider it at least possible that he might be a bit pissed about you writing something in a website public to anyone in his name? Think about it for a moment .........