2 replies to this topic

shortcut

shortcut

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hi,
my ideneb 10.5.8 Lite works very well on my asus, but the boot time is about 3-5 minutes.
i think it´s because of the buggy acpi bios, is this possible?
does anybody have a (working) modified from kabyl?
the osrom.net site is down.
or are there other possibilities to get it work on it?
i´ve an eeeboot1.11.iso cd to boot from original leopard cd, does this works?
please can anybody help me?
best regards,
michael

mR_bLakK

mR_bLakK

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
boot verbose and post us the part where your eee "hangs"

but first you can try this:

open terminal:
sudo chown root:wheel /

restart and tell us if its faster

olykwon

olykwon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

hi,
my ideneb 10.5.8 Lite works very well on my asus, but the boot time is about 3-5 minutes.
i think it´s because of the buggy acpi bios, is this possible?
does anybody have a (working) modified from kabyl?
the osrom.net site is down.
or are there other possibilities to get it work on it?
i´ve an eeeboot1.11.iso cd to boot from original leopard cd, does this works?
please can anybody help me?
best regards,
michael

since you already have os x installed 10.5.8 is indeed working, you might as well go the snow leopard route. Also get a linux or windows os installed on the side, WinXP, or Ubuntu 10.04 id recommend grabbing your dsdt and get a list of all hardware then have someone assist you in modifying the dsdt aml , or since your on a netbook witch osx86 suprisingly is popular on, try finding a precompiled one that will work for you, keep in mind though when doing that your using someone elses work. and it may not be the best finely tuned achievement as you could get by doing it yourself. wish you the best im purchasing an asus netbook soon so i'll let you know how it goes, oh and btw, download snow leopards retail dvd or buy it from apple, then use the myhack installer and a usb drive i use an 8 gig to copy over the dvd to the usb using disk utility, from there run myhack pick your kexts and you can also throw in some uptodate ones or ones for your specific hardware tht arent listed in a folder on the root of the usb drive called extra, make sure permissions are correct and try to boot up snow leopard on the asus, its well worth it going snow leo, faster,saves disk space,more support imo because everyones using it. and its leopard kext compatible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy