• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

bsmy84

bsmy84

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Newbies
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a 10v running 10.5.8. These are my basic, three, unresolved issues for which I'd like a solution.

1. SOUND - I can only get sound on the external speaker after I start or restart the computer. Once it has slept - which it does beautifully, btw - the only way I can hear anything is with earphones.

2. BATTERY OPERATION - When I run the machine with the battery attached I inevitably run into a message (white letters on a black background) telling me I must manually force the computer off and then back on again. This is true even if I also have the power cord connected to it; in fact, when I have the two working together, that's the worst scenario. If I'm running off the battery alone, e.g., at the airport, I can do some simple things such as email, but if I launch a browser, or worse, iTunes, that message to force restart the Mac comes up. Bottom line: I use this machine plugged into the wall with no battery attached 98% of the time, and it works best this way. However, I would like to be able to use it with the battery as it was designed to be used, as well. I should mention that I never run into this force restart message when on wall power only.

3. TIMEMACHINE - I have an external hard drive connected which I use for TimeMachine backups. TM will not backup automatically, though. I have to manually start each backup. I've gotten used to doing this way, but I'd prefer that it behave properly to where I don't have to think about it.

I'm not very technically inclined, even though I did make this hackintosh myself over a week's time. So, feedback in basic, easy-to-understand terminology would be greatly appreciated.

My setup: Dell 10v, 1GB RAM, 10.5.8, 120GB hard drive

Ideas anyone?

Darkened_Sol

Darkened_Sol

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have a 10v running 10.5.8. These are my basic, three, unresolved issues for which I'd like a solution.

1. SOUND - I can only get sound on the external speaker after I start or restart the computer. Once it has slept - which it does beautifully, btw - the only way I can hear anything is with earphones.

2. BATTERY OPERATION - When I run the machine with the battery attached I inevitably run into a message (white letters on a black background) telling me I must manually force the computer off and then back on again. This is true even if I also have the power cord connected to it; in fact, when I have the two working together, that's the worst scenario. If I'm running off the battery alone, e.g., at the airport, I can do some simple things such as email, but if I launch a browser, or worse, iTunes, that message to force restart the Mac comes up. Bottom line: I use this machine plugged into the wall with no battery attached 98% of the time, and it works best this way. However, I would like to be able to use it with the battery as it was designed to be used, as well. I should mention that I never run into this force restart message when on wall power only.

3. TIMEMACHINE - I have an external hard drive connected which I use for TimeMachine backups. TM will not backup automatically, though. I have to manually start each backup. I've gotten used to doing this way, but I'd prefer that it behave properly to where I don't have to think about it.

I'm not very technically inclined, even though I did make this hackintosh myself over a week's time. So, feedback in basic, easy-to-understand terminology would be greatly appreciated.

My setup: Dell 10v, 1GB RAM, 10.5.8, 120GB hard drive

Ideas anyone?

I would suggest Netbook Installer, but I'm not sure if it will work! When I installed OS X on my 10V I used 'NetbookInstaller 0.8.3' so that it would install kexts to enable the sound, audio trackpad, wifi and such, so it would function correctly.

phatboyslim2009

phatboyslim2009

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, not trying to thread jack but i am on a mini 10v, installed kalyway dvd and got a dual boot going with 7 ultimate, after hours of pulling my hair out!

my problem is i did not use netbookinstaller for the proper patches, kexts, etc.

it boots and runs fine, no audio, no wifi, and display is stuck at 800x600. can i install netbook installer after the fact to fix my issues, or use a different patcher?

or will i have to reinstall osx with netbook installer.

im running kalyway's 10.5.2, with chameleon 2.0 as the bootloader

as of now i have not seen any problems with the os in terms of runability...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy