31 replies to this topic

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,081 posts

Alright, here's the response:

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

As it says try to load it with kextutil instead of kextload.

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Alrighty, here's what it spat out:

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext - no compatible dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.
/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext has problems:
Dependency Resolution Failures: 
	Indirect dependencies can't be resolved: 
		com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
Whats the Version of your IONetworkingFamily.kext?

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I did kextstat and found this line:

81	1 0x35752000 0x16000	0x15000	com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily (1.8) <7 6 5 4 3 1>

I assume it's version 1.8? Still pretty new to all this, sorry for the ignorance and please bear with me :thumbsup_anim:

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
Try these, they are from 10.6.5 (10H531), so the newest. The IONetworking does not contain any Plugins.

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Tried those two, used Kext Helper to install them (is there another, possibly better way?)

Terminal output:

B-Ms-Mac:~ Brennan$ sudo kextutil /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext
Warnings: 
	The booter does not recognize symbolic links; confirm these files/directories aren't needed for startup: 
		/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/CodeDirectory
		/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/CodeRequirements
		/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/CodeResources
		/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext/Contents/CodeSignature

(kernel) Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily, v1.9: already have loaded v1.8.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family - library kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily not compatible with requested version 1.9.
(kernel) Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21 - failed to resolve library dependencies.
(kernel) Kext com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21 failed to load (0xdc00800e).
(kernel) Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AirPort.Atheros21 (error 0xdc00800e).
Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros21.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure.

Hmm-just saw "Refusing new kext xxxx...already loaded v 1.8". Could that be the problem? Like it took the kext install but won't load it?

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • 6,081 posts
Did you boot with Ignore Caches (-f)? Is it possible, that you have IONetworkingF* in /Extra/ somewhere? Extensions.mkext?

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Did you boot with Ignore Caches (-f)? Is it possible, that you have IONetworkingF* in /Extra/ somewhere? Extensions.mkext?

Weird.....I booted with Ignore Caches and the icon popped up at the top. Now posting this via home WiFi ;)

I wish I knew what I had done, haha. Seems that ignore caches did it but I also repaired disk permissions before that. Hell, it works, do I care?

Thank you so much for your help! Now if I can only get two fingered scrolling and tap to click on this thing....

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok so for some reason I have to boot with Ignore Caches every time now or it says "No Airport device detected"...anything I can do to fix that?

riws

riws

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Members
  • 6,081 posts

Ok so for some reason I have to boot with Ignore Caches every time now or it says "No Airport device detected"...anything I can do to fix that?

Delete everything in /System/Library/Caches/ ?

BrennanM

BrennanM

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Delete everything in /System/Library/Caches/ ?

Alright....so that would equal booting normally I take it?

Not sure if my logic is right there...only thing right now about booting -f is that my touchpad doesn't work, although my WiFi does. Gotta find some kexts for the Asus 1005HA that enable two-fingered scrolling and tap-to-click, nothing yet.

VFR_Pilot

VFR_Pilot

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Alright....so that would equal booting normally I take it?

Not sure if my logic is right there...only thing right now about booting -f is that my touchpad doesn't work, although my WiFi does. Gotta find some kexts for the Asus 1005HA that enable two-fingered scrolling and tap-to-click, nothing yet.

VoodooPS2 pref pane.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy