81 replies to this topic

mikeetastic

mikeetastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Nvclock output:
You see that it runs at high(700) MHz, not in 2D / idle mode 300 MHz gpu).

interesting.

i used the old kext but my output is still the same :D spec on my sig and using MacMini3,1 as smbios (installed the new kext using pacifist).. do you run a special kext or something for your machine to have a GPU powermanagement?

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Ok. Than you never added gpu powermanagement for your Mac Type ID (MacMini3.1). Same for me iMac5,1 , i use, hasnt any AGPM active.
MacMini didnt have in real such an gpu so, AGPM is not active :star_smile: Thats OK for Apple Machines.
To getting AGPM working , better visit other thread, too offtpic that driver thread.
In short: You need 2 injectors (like AHCIPort) which are prepared for your gpu dev-id and Mac Type ID and put them into the /Extra/Extensions + .mkext.
One config is much more easy , only one key (iMac5,1) > yours, And one gpu deviceID(0191) > yours.
The other . plist is much bigger and has lots of iMac5,1 entries to change to yours ! Dont miss one to edit, otherwise no effect.
Attached both , change my used iMac5,1 into yours (all occurences !) and gpu deviceid 0191 (only once) into yours

Attached Files

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
As requested i uploaded the orig. 10.6.4 F0 Version.
http://rapidshare.co...10_6_4_V_F0.zip (22 MB)
BUt you can also use pacifist + the orig. Apple Update (sure , much more MB) - i would prefere this orig. DL if fast internet available !

YoMuS

YoMuS

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

As requested i uploaded the orig. 10.6.4 F0 Version.
http://rapidshare.co...10_6_4_V_F0.zip (22 MB)
BUt you can also use pacifist + the orig. Apple Update (sure , much more MB) - i would prefere this orig. DL if fast internet available !

Thank you mitch_de!

By the way, after restoring the vanilla kexts, I have the same problem... the card is always at maximum performance (gtx260) and so the fans. Somebody told me since 10.6.4 the power management is gone.

I'm gonna reinstall snow on another spare hard disk and upload to .6.3, to see what happens. Bye

Plucka

Plucka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hey all, I am looking to replace my trustworthy XFX 7600GT XXX with a faster Palit GT240 512MB card, xforce has kindly uploaded a driver package for us to try. Has anybody tried the drivers and or card out? If so, what are your experiences and could you get it working with an HDMI to HDMI connection?

Any and all replies are welcome, cheers, Plucka ;)

http://www.google.co...p;os=tech-specs Link to see card specs, looks pretty cool :P

mikeetastic

mikeetastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Ok. Than you never added gpu powermanagement for your Mac Type ID (MacMini3.1). Same for me iMac5,1 , i use, hasnt any AGPM active.
MacMini didnt have in real such an gpu so, AGPM is not active :) Thats OK for Apple Machines.
To getting AGPM working , better visit other thread, too offtpic that driver thread.
In short: You need 2 injectors (like AHCIPort) which are prepared for your gpu dev-id and Mac Type ID and put them into the /Extra/Extensions + .mkext.
One config is much more easy , only one key (iMac5,1) > yours, And one gpu deviceID(0191) > yours.
The other . plist is much bigger and has lots of iMac5,1 entries to change to yours ! Dont miss one to edit, otherwise no effect.
Attached both , change my used iMac5,1 into yours (all occurences !) and gpu deviceid 0191 (only once) into yours

Thanks mitchde for the kind reply but t seems GPU PM is not working for me.. i made the kext work and loaded with no error on my machine but my GPU is still running at full (vanilla kext or not) :(

not sure what i am missing!

Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_07_01_at_9.04.21_PM.png   57.58KB   150 downloads

sorry for the OT.. maybe someone can point me where is the thread about GPU PM..

schustah

schustah

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

NVIDIA Driver Installer 19.5.8f03 with hardware check removed:

Posted Image

http://filebeam.com/...c28a5a3236b7a81
was going to upload this for people a while ago but spaced it.

Alternatively you can (and what I did originally) view contents of the original package and install each package (theres 3 of them) individually since the hardware check is only on the parent installer but you will need to repair permissions after.

Thx Mate !

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Whats your GPU device ID ? You may attatch your two .kext also, so i can take a look.
Also an must (check with kextstat ) : AppleLPC and AppleHWSensor (both orig. Apple kext) must loaded (shown in kextstat output list).

thenewcraze

thenewcraze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Any word on HDMI?

10.6.3+ broke the ability to do HDMI-HDMI and even HDMI-DVI (GTS 250). I'm running my PC through a audio receiver to a projector and I need this capability!

Ricksterm

Ricksterm

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
I installed this, first reboot KP second reboot it worked... I have a GT220 1GB

Not sure on whether there is a performance boost or not, not sure how to test it as I didn't test anything before updatint to tell a difference :)

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Retired
  • 2,902 posts
Beside my lost of the gpu powermanagement i have no better performance . I think that driverset F3 is really only usefull for GTX 285 (speed ?) and to get Fermi 4xx working.
So i would only try that on GTX 2xx or Fermi cards. (not for 8xxx, 7xxx, 9xxx cards, because no more speed, maybe problems).

Donw35

Donw35

Hackintosh Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
installed it on my Hack, no problems and no real speed improvement either, 9800GT

melaverde

melaverde

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 posts
sembra fantastico! Quindi con la mia xfx 9500gt devo solo installare ed usufruire? :D

phoenix08

phoenix08

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts
Dicono che ci sono problemi per le schede non Gtx....

morfy

morfy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts
Not work on my primary system (8800GT 512mb)

kitmac

kitmac

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

installed it on my Hack, no problems and no real speed improvement either, 9800GT

How bout HDMI????..... I also have a 9800 GT

Snow

Snow

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
So I better not try this one, thx for the input lads!

mikeetastic

mikeetastic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Whats your GPU device ID ? You may attatch your two .kext also, so i can take a look.
Also an must (check with kextstat ) : AppleLPC and AppleHWSensor (both orig. Apple kext) must loaded (shown in kextstat output list).

GPU device ID is 0x0615.. the kext i used are the ones you uploaded but i changed 0191 (yours) to 0615 (mine).. i also change all iMac5,1 to Macmini3,1 (tested iMac9,1 too but same)

Attached File  2_LegacyKext.zip   7.4KB   27 downloads

AppleLPC ((ICH10) LPC Interface Controller [8086:3a18]) works out of the box on mine and AppleHWSensor..

Attached File  Screen_shot_2010_07_06_at_12.21.44_AM.png   194.76KB   138 downloads

anymore ideas? not sure if i'm doing something wrong?

mschilling

mschilling

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
Anybody try this and get two video cards working (for 3 or 4 monitors)?

Plucka

Plucka

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
Hey all I have the drivers installed and am using a Palit GT240 512MB Nvidia card. What I dont see in the about this mac info, see pics (left DVI to HDMI in) (right HDMI to HDMI in), is that it is a recognized chipset or vendor?. Also HDMI out to my Samsung Television just gives me a blue screen?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the about this mac stuff straight or doesnt it really matter? Is it just cosmetic? Also the blue screen I get when I connect HDMI out to HDMI in on my Tele?

EDIT, HDMI works after leaving DVI adaptor in and then plugging HDMI into HDMI port on video card. Removed DVI adaptor and rebooted the PC starts up with no problems, cant really tell if there is a performance improvement though. Must say the picture looks/feels crisper in any case.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Stopped working had to revert back to 7600GT. Lost nearly all resolution options, does anyone have any tips for installing the above mentioned card? :wacko:

Thanks in advance for any replies I may receive, cheers Plucka ;)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy