[Guide] P6X58D Premium. Retail 10.6.4 Install. :)

kup

247 posts in this topic

Hi guys, this is new AppleHDA for 10.6.5

ALC889_P6X58D_E_10.6.5.zip

enjoy :)

Thanks for the update, but It's not working om my P6X58D Premium, there's still no sound. I've done what you put up in the instructions with Kext Helper B7. No device under the output option, as I use to have before the update to 10.6..5

So judging by that, it is safe to update to 10.6.5?

Thanks for the update, but It's not working om my P6X58D Premium, there's still no sound. I've done what you put up in the instructions with Kext Helper B7. No device under the output option, as I use to have before the update to 10.6..5

This is AppleHDA without any injectors, if you not have HDEF section in your DSDT and HDAenabler, the sound will not work. Layout 12.

No sound for me.....

magamin...

how did you do it!

I've tried placing it in root/Extra

in Extentions

running it with Kext helper...

what else?!

EDIT:

I've managed to fix it!

BUT... sound only from back panel.... front is not working!

EDIT2:

Geekbench 32bit.... trial >>>> 12,000 Score!

screenshot20101114at148.png

No clock - 1866 Memory Auto timings 9500 Score @64bit Version of GeekBench!

No sound for me.....

magamin...

how did you do it!

I've tried placing it in root/Extra

in Extentions

running it with Kext helper...

what else?!

EDIT:

I've managed to fix it!

BUT... sound only from back panel.... front is not working!

I do not use the front panel and hence its work really do not know, now I looked info.plist, if you believe that there is described, then it should work with unfortunately there are some problems. Since he prescribed nodes and pinkonfig not me, I can not make the necessary changes for the correct operation of the front panel. Therefore, I will contact the person who was involved in the strands of nodes, perhaps he has an idea.

First of all, I have to thank to author of this guide for helping me build my own osx machine... Built in in two days, if i had initially installed nvidia card instead of ati it would be just a couple of hours... Ok, nevermind that! The point is, everything works, except audio is the same for me as with Ended Zone, only back ports (2).

BTW, how come that my FSB shows only 533 MHZ, (also in geekbench) Ended Zone's machine shows 7,20 GHZ, Is there a setting i've missed?

Thanks for any help!

Toni

Oh yes...

The specs:

Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz

6.00 GB 1603 Mhz DDR3 ram

Update!

I managed to put audio device to play through front (headphone) and back ports also!

I used the Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] app, there i installed only (and really only!) under Advanced options -> Kexts -> Audio -> Legacy Hda - ALC889 and HDAEnabler - ALC889

Remember, to install only these two, i accidentally clicked something else and it was a mess, system profiler showed iMac and stuff, almost had to install all over again, but had manually fixed previous settings (guess i was lucky).

No need to run Kext utility after it finishes, just reboot...

Ended Zone, which Slow Mode do you mean? Anyway, after reading about on P6x58d and alikes, i found out that it does not use FSB anymore, the Quick Patch Interconnect (QPI) has replaced it...

So maybe it cannot show proper speeds now.

Sleep - NO!!! Any idea how to fix it... nah that I use it, but still :)

Audio is working NOW although is showing pritty different Audio Output and just Front Headphones... no BACK?!!?!?! Still back is working on LOWER levels!!!

I;ve tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for PS2 Keyboard - NO! Where to get a proper kext for the keyboard?!

This walk through looks amazing. I've been trying to get Hackintosh going on this motherboard and have had no success. Can't wait to try this out.

One question though. Is it just me or is the Boot 132 file missing from the first post? I see the Post install attachment. Maybe I'm going crazy. If someone could point to where I'm failing to see this file it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This walk through looks amazing. I've been trying to get Hackintosh going on this motherboard and have had no success. Can't wait to try this out.

One question though. Is it just me or is the Boot 132 file missing from the first post? I see the Post install attachment. Maybe I'm going crazy. If someone could point to where I'm failing to see this file it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Please ignore this question. I knew I was going crazy. I found it in the zip file. Derp ;)

I must be the most clueless of users here, I ran the Chameleon installer from the first post, it ran fine and whatnot, but I still have to boot with the Boot132 CD. And since Chameleon isn't working, nothing with my graphics cards are either (yet...) I've even tried manually installing Chameleon to the drive, but no dice. (after following the instructions on the Chameleon site) and, Chameleon 2.0 RC5's actual installer just exits with an error, it says to contact the software author...

First of all, I have to thank to author of this guide for helping me build my own osx machine... Built in in two days, if i had initially installed nvidia card instead of ati it would be just a couple of hours... Ok, nevermind that! The point is, everything works, except audio is the same for me as with Ended Zone, only back ports (2).

BTW, how come that my FSB shows only 533 MHZ, (also in geekbench) Ended Zone's machine shows 7,20 GHZ, Is there a setting i've missed?

Thanks for any help!

Toni

Oh yes...

The specs:

Core i7 950 @ 3.07Ghz

6.00 GB 1603 Mhz DDR3 ram

Having the same issue....

Great guide, thank you!

I've got my system working (nearly)perfectly (Specs: P6X58D-E, core i7 930, 6GB RAM, GTX460) running 10.6.5.

Sleep works, it geekbenches at 10k+, I couldn't be happer!

But! After using it for an hour to 2 hours, it will randomly hang. It doesn't matter what i'm doing, but it will just completely freeze up. The only way to fix it is by powering off and then it will work again (perfectly) for another 1-2hours before it hangs again..

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

Great guide, thank you!

I've got my system working (nearly)perfectly (Specs: P6X58D-E, core i7 930, 6GB RAM, GTX460) running 10.6.5.

But! After using it for an hour to 2 hours, it will randomly hang. It doesn't matter what i'm doing, but it will just completely freeze up. The only way to fix it is by powering off and then it will work again (perfectly) for another 1-2hours before it hangs again..

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

Have you seen this problem in windows/linux? Are you running in 64bit mode or 32bit? I've got the same CPU and mother board and don't have this issue. I run mine in 32bit mode though because of my ATI graphics card, however theres some new drivers for that that might enable me to use it. Going to test that tonight I think.

All your motherboard settings match the ones given in the guide? Also, are you using compatible RAM with the motherboard? - This one got me a while ago. It caused all sorts of havoc.

Great guide, thank you!

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

yes mate, unsupported ram could be the reason... check it !!

btw, you you´ve got managed to get your rig to sleep?

cheers, knobsi

Have you seen this problem in windows/linux? Are you running in 64bit mode or 32bit? I've got the same CPU and mother board and don't have this issue. I run mine in 32bit mode though because of my ATI graphics card, however theres some new drivers for that that might enable me to use it. Going to test that tonight I think.

All your motherboard settings match the ones given in the guide? Also, are you using compatible RAM with the motherboard? - This one got me a while ago. It caused all sorts of havoc.

As far as I know it should be compatible, I bought the motherboard, ram and cpu as a bundle from overclockers.co.uk. (This is the RAM i'm using: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct....odid=MY-205-CS )

It runs 100% stable in windows overclocked at 4ghz. (I've removed the overclock to see if that was a problem in osx, but it still does it.) Yeah double checked the bios settings a couple of times so don't think its that. Running 32bit mode.

yes mate, unsupported ram could be the reason... check it !!

btw, you you´ve got managed to get your rig to sleep?

cheers, knobsi

I'll check, cheers. I have a feeling it could be to do with the graphics drivers as some people in the nvidia fermi thread seem to be having the same issues.

Yeah for sleep I installed a sleep enabler kext for 10.6.5, from this thread: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466

Cheers