[Guide] P6X58D Premium. Retail 10.6.4 Install. :)

• Please log in to reply
246 replies to this topic

jackmode

jackmode

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

PLEASE USE THIS BOOT132 CD AND FILES ATTACHED TO THE BOTTOM OF THE POST.

===
The BOOT132 CD has been updated. Please redownload the archive if you've had problems booting the Snow Leopard Install DVD.
===

THIS GUIDE ASSUMES PEOPLE HAVE RESEARCHED THEIR GRAPHICS CARDS AND KNOW WHAT WILL AND WON'T WORK WITH SNOW LEOPARD. PLEASE KEEP GRAPHICS DISCUSSION IN THE GRAPHICS FORUM.

===

Bios Setup.

Follow the pictures below (borrowed from the P6T Deluxe thread here http://www.insanelym...owtopic=208724)

===

1: Boot the System with the provided Boot132 CD and put the Extra and Bootloader files on a USB stick (you'll need them later).

2: Once the Boot Menu appears, wait for the light on the DVD to stop and then eject the CD, insert your Snow Leopard DVD and press F5.

3: The Menu should refresh and show the Snow Leopard Install DVD instead.

4: At this point you can enter any flags you require (You should only need Safe Mode if you're running a single nVidia card) ;

-x (Safe Mode)

-v (Verbose)

arch=i386 (Enable 32Bit mode)

cpus=# (# = Number of cores)

busratio=# (# = Multiplier of CPU, use 20 if you have an i7 920, 21 if you have a 930, 22 if you have a 940 and so on)

"Graphics Mode"="1280x1024x32@85" (Width x Height x Depth x RefreshRate)

-v -x cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=20

5: Hit Enter and OSX should start to boot, eventually resulting in the Language Menu. Select your chosen Language and continue.

6: You will now be greeted with a very basic OSX desktop, focusing on the Installer in the center on the screen. Ignore that for now and on the top menu bar go to Utilities and then Disk Utility.

7: Select the HDD you wish to install to and click the Partitions Tab. Adjust the partitions according to your requirements (I would recommend 1 partition first time round).

8: Select GUID Partition Scheme and apply the changes. Disk Utility will format the HDD/Partitions. Once completed exit Disk Utility and you'll be back at the Installer.

9: Click through until you get the option to pick a Volume (HDD/Partition) to install Snow Leopard to. At this point you can also click Customise and choose which extra bits and pieces you wish to install (Printer Drivers and stuff).

10: The installation will continue through until the end but MAY tell you that it has failed right at the end, this is fine and expected. We'll fix this in the next few steps.

11: Reboot the System when prompted to do so and hit F8 to bring up the Asus Boot Menu. Eject the Snow Leopard Install DVD and insert the Boot132 CD once again.

12: Boot the Boot132 CD and you'll be back at the Boot Menu, this time with the Boot132 CD and your Snow Leopard HDD visible. Select the Snow Leopard HDD and apply the same flags as before, hit Enter and cross your fingers.

13: Watch the Video (or don't) and continue through the setup, you will need a password on your user account. Skip the registration with Command+Q (Windows Key+Q, or on some Keyboards this will be Alt+Q).

14: You should now be at the desktop with a CD Icon at the top right. Insert the USB stick you prepared earlier.

15: Run the BootLoader Installer and just click through to the end (you may wish to manually specify the location when prompted to do so).

16: Now switch back to your USB stick and copy the Extra folder from the .ZIP to the root of your Snow Leopard HDD. (this is the first Folder that includes all other Folders).

17: You should now have a Folder labled 'Extra' installed in the Root of your main HDD.

18: On the USB navigate to the 'Kext Apps' folder. Copy and Paste both 'Kext Utility' and 'Kext Helper B7'to your desktop.

19: Double click 'Kext Utility' on the desktop, enter your password and let it run. This step is to reset permissions on your Kexts and allow the system to boot correctly without the Boot132 CD.

At this point you could reboot and Snow Leopard should run just fine without the Boot132 CD.

20: If you wish to update Snow Leopard I recommend using the 10.6.4 Update located here (http://support.apple...Combo10.6.4.dmg).

==========
10.6.4 Audio Fix
==========

10.6.4 causes issues with Audio right now, but there are several solutions to the problem.

1: Download and install the 10.6.4 Update (to install just click through, it's pretty simple).

2: Once installed you will be required to reboot. Do so and when you return to Snow Leopard you'll have lost your Audio.

3: Open up 'Kext Helper B7' from the desktop, drag and drop the 10.6.4 AppleHDA.kext into it, enter your password and click 'RUN'. This should now be replacing your 10.6.0 AppleHDA.kext with the working one. Once completed close 'Kext Helper B7' and open 'Kext Utility' from your desktop. Enter your password and hit Enter. This is just to double check and reset permissions on your HDD.

4: Once completed, close 'Kext Utility' and reboot. This time you should have Audio back and working.

===

Any queries or problems, please post in this thread instead of sending a PM. :P

P6X58D Premium + I7 980x + GTX 470 + 24gb Of Ram.........osx will not install always hang before reaching install setup.......help please

gilg99

gilg99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Here are the simple instructions for ATI cards 5850, 5770, 5750.

1. Go here > http://www.tonymacx8...=...651&start=0
2. Download ##### ATI 5xxx-3 for supported cpus or ##### ATI 5xxx-2 for unsupported cpus
3. Burn it to a CD at the slowest settings.
4. Go into bios and set the harddrive as ACHI
5. Insert and boot from the ##### CD. Once you get to the bootloader take the ##### cd out and insert the snow leopard dvd or choose the usb which has snow leopard restored on.
6. Follow the directions from this thread. Read the 1st post by Kup.
7. After it finishes installing it will restart. Insert the ##### cd and boot from that. Once @ the boatloader choose the name of the new install you just did.
8. Enter account information/etc.
9. Once you're at the desktop follow the OP's (original posters) directions regarding the p6x58d files.
10. Restart just to be safe. Boot with the ##### cd. Once at the desktop you'll have internet working.
11. Download the 10.6.4 combo update - http://support.apple...Combo10.6.4.dmg and the snow leopard graphics update -> http://support.apple...csUpdate1.0.dmg Don't install yet.
12. Download ##### -> http://tonymacx86.bl...abel/MultiBeast
13. Install the 10.6.4 update 1st. Don't restart. Now install the graphics update. Don't restart but don't close the window where it says to restart.
14. Now move ##### to the desktop and open it.

Advanced Options > Graphics > Graphics Enables > UAKARI Enabler. For 5770 chose Vervet.
Advanced Options > Graphics > ATI > 5xxx Series Kexts
com.boot.plist - 32bit + GraphicsEnabler = no

Choose those 3 and install. Restart using one of the other windows (10.6.4 or graphics update).

That's it. Now you can boot w/out any cd. Once you get to the desktop follow Kups directions regarding sound in 10.6.4.

I didn't do any of the hardwork. To many people to thank and appreciate. Just took all the instructions and simplified it for the p6x58d for ati users. It took me ages to get 5850 not because it was hard but because the information was all over the place. Hope this helps.

I am a noob and have attempted my first hackintosh.... Thanks to Kup for the great guide and ps2pk for the simplified guide for 5xxx Graphics cards.

My cfg:

Core i7 940
6gb corsair ram
ATI 5770 (XFX)
P6X58D Premium mobo
Intel 80gb SSD

After finally getting SL installed... I found that I had no ethernet ports working so I redid the install the same way I got it working the first time.
I first reformatted my drive so that it now shows as unallocated.

I have tried the install again with and without flags but keep receiving the error:

SerialATAPI reconfiguration did not complete successfully...

I have tried over and over again for the past 5 hours and no success... Am I missing something.... In my first install I received the error waiting for device but I reformatted the SSD and proceeded with SL install successfully but as I stated earlier no internet.

I reformatted it in the same manner using Partition Mgr Pro and no luck...

Anyone please help... I will be searching everywhere and repeating the steps tonight after work... Thanks again to everyone for the assistance.

gilg99

gilg99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I am a noob and have attempted my first hackintosh.... Thanks to Kup for the great guide and ps2pk for the simplified guide for 5xxx Graphics cards.

My cfg:

Core i7 940
6gb corsair ram
ATI 5770 (XFX)
P6X58D Premium mobo
Intel 80gb SSD

After finally getting SL installed... I found that I had no ethernet ports working so I redid the install the same way I got it working the first time.
I first reformatted my drive so that it now shows as unallocated.

I have tried the install again with and without flags but keep receiving the error:

SerialATAPI reconfiguration did not complete successfully...

I have tried over and over again for the past 5 hours and no success... Am I missing something.... In my first install I received the error waiting for device but I reformatted the SSD and proceeded with SL install successfully but as I stated earlier no internet.

I reformatted it in the same manner using Partition Mgr Pro and no luck...

Anyone please help... I will be searching everywhere and repeating the steps tonight after work... Thanks again to everyone for the assistance.

Okay.... I tried again and am now receiving the Still waiting for root device error... I guess I will have to try installing on a new HDD and see if that works or just play around with the different SATA ports. I currently have my SSD plugged into Sata Port 1 and set is Disk Drive 1 in the BIOS.

MiddleBrooker

MiddleBrooker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Hi,
I've a little tips for everyone that is expecting strange hangs problems: check your installation DVD.

The 10.6.3 setup DVD that I've downloaded won't burn correctly with my burner so I've cloned it to an 8GB MMC and I've installed Snow Leopard by suing a USB multicard reader/writer; the installation has been faster and I've not had any trouble.

What about the 10.6.6 update available in the software update?!
Will it break something?

Cheers!!!

temis

temis

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

P6X58D Premium + I7 980x + GTX 470 + 24gb Of Ram.........osx will not install always hang before reaching install setup.......help please

did you try options: -v -x GraphicsEnabler=n cpus=1 arch=i386 busratio=25

Hi,
I've a little tips for everyone that is expecting strange hangs problems: check your installation DVD.

The 10.6.3 setup DVD that I've downloaded won't burn correctly with my burner so I've cloned it to an 8GB MMC and I've installed Snow Leopard by suing a USB multicard reader/writer; the installation has been faster and I've not had any trouble.

What about the 10.6.6 update available in the software update?!
Will it break something?

Cheers!!!

It broke geforce 460 GTX native resolution I am back to 1024x768 + no QE/CI
everything else is fine.

EDIT : Reinstalling nvidia fermi nvidia Retail_256.01.00f03v5.dmg solved the problem

bunzrok

bunzrok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Just wanted to say I just updated to 10.6.7 with having only to do an audio rollback. Everything else is working fine!

DarkViper

DarkViper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Just wanted to say I just updated to 10.6.7 with having only to do an audio rollback. Everything else is working fine!

Ive just done the update and I now have no sound, can I ask how you did the audio roll back?

Thanks

nuttolo

nuttolo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi

I have a P6X58D-E and I've decided to give a try to this guide. In the last few days I've tried other guides with absolutely no success.

Here is my config

ASUS P6X58D-E
i7 920
3x2GB Corsair XMS3
Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD (ATi 5870)
2xSamsung HD502HJ 500GB SATA II (I have installed Windows on the first, few days ago I bought the second one which is connected to SATA port n.2 and it's totally blank, never formatted even in Windows)
LG writer SATA

So I tried MARS 123 v2 and with those commands:

-v -x cpus=1 busratio=20
-v -x cpus=4 busratio=20 arch=i386

it worked. It loaded everything, but then (maybe in the moment I'd get to OS X setup finally) I got a blank black screen, my monitor gets into standby mode with message "NO DVI SIGNAL" and fans get 100% speed. Why? Can the 5870 be the problem? Or what? Thank you in advance and sorry for my poor english :lol: one more thing: I've tried with all 6GB of RAM plugged in, could it be this? I prefer to do not disconnect one module because sometimes my P6X58D-E gives me issues with recognizing all of them once I put them all in, so I prefer to do not touch them, but you tell me what I have to do! :) Thanks

PS=all guides I've tried to follow get me load something but this, so please help me because I feel I'm getting around the target to have an Hackintosh working on my desk :)

NewbieWithHackintos

NewbieWithHackintos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi there,
This is my system:
Asus P6X58D Premium
Intel Core i7 930
HDD 1.5TB Seagate
NVidia Asus GTX480
6GB RAM,

I was try -v -x cpus=4 busratio=21 arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1 (and some other flags) and I was success enter Mac OS install screen. I can use Disk Utilities but I got error like picture:
Posted Image
It say Mac OS X can't be installled on this computer. And I have only two choice: Restore From Backup or Restart.
What can I do next? (So sorry, my bad English)
Thank so much.
Tony

NewbieWithHackintos

NewbieWithHackintos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi there,
This is my system:
Asus P6X58D Premium
Intel Core i7 930
HDD 1.5TB Seagate
NVidia Asus GTX480
6GB RAM,

I was try -v -x cpus=4 busratio=21 arch=i386 PCIRootUID=1 (and some other flags) and I was success enter Mac OS install screen. I can use Disk Utilities but I got error like picture:
Posted Image
It say Mac OS X can't be installled on this computer. And I have only two choice: Restore From Backup or Restart.
What can I do next? (So sorry, my bad English)
Thank so much.
Tony

I did it.
Thanks forums a lot.

smidge

smidge

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
anyone managed to get the 6gig sata ports to work? i've maxed out the 6 normal ones

NewbieWithHackintos

NewbieWithHackintos

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

anyone managed to get the 6gig sata ports to work? i've maxed out the 6 normal ones

It's working very well.
it is the blue ports (2 ports)
Cheers

driedeker

driedeker

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I did it.
Thanks forums a lot.

how please

Interloper

Interloper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Help with this motherboard and ati 6xxx please.

Has anyone got it? It should be possible. Any idears?

mayhemm88

mayhemm88

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
Can confirm that the drivers in this guide work with lion and mald0n's bootable usb guide http://www.insanelym...howtopic=256729. I have been running the GM on this Mobo for two days, no issues whatsoever. Everything works EXCEPT SLEEP (which I could care less about on a desktop). I can also confirm that there are drivers for NVidia GTX 5XX Series as I am running a GTX 570 with QE/CI and 2 monitors.

Specs are as following:
CPU: Intel Xeon W3520 @ 4.00 GHz
RAM: 12 GB G.Skill DDR3 2000 @ 1914MHz
Boot Drive: OCZ Vertex Turbo 30 GB SSD
Graphics: Zotac NVidia GTX 570

bunzrok

bunzrok

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ive just done the update and I now have no sound, can I ask how you did the audio roll back?

Thanks

Sorry for not responding sooner. I used ##### to do an AppleHDA rollback. I finally upgraded to 10.6.8 now and did the rollback and audio works :hysterical:

vidiot2010

vidiot2010

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thought I'd post to see if anyone was successful in updating to Lion after performing these steps?

Thank you in advance.

SolutionMaster

SolutionMaster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I installed snow leopard using this guide last year and I've managed to install all the updates up to 10.6.7 using updated kexts, etc. I just got a copy of Lion and was wondering if i can simply upgrade from the current installation and obtain all the necessary kexts for it or if I have to do a clean install. I loved the idea of installing OS X on a PC but honestly, installing from scratch was more work than it was worth. It took me nearly a month working on it every day to get EVERYTHING working perfectly. (mainly video and audio) I don't think I would do it again if I had to (this is why I have several images of my hard drive with working versions of snow leopard)

Any suggestions?

luisfdoc1

luisfdoc1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
I am also interested in installing Lion. I have Snow Leopard 10.6.7, what would be the best way to upgrade?

Thanks!

evulhotdog

evulhotdog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Is kup still offering support for this and helping users with this or?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy