• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

killerfurbies

killerfurbies

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I read that it's possible for a person with a mobileme account to trace an iphone with GPS. Well, i've lost my iphone, i don't have a mobileme and before i sign up for a membership (there's a free trial but you still need to enter a credit card number), I was wondering if anyone here has a mobileme membership. If it is possible to trace my iphone, I'd be super appreciative if anyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Bug

Bug

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Interests:Beer. Booty. Cars. Ocean. Tech.
You have to set it up on the iPhone first, then it'll let you locate it. But since you lost your phone without setting up MobileMe, your kinda screwed. Sorry man

I read that it's possible for a person with a mobileme account to trace an iphone with GPS. Well, i've lost my iphone, i don't have a mobileme and before i sign up for a membership (there's a free trial but you still need to enter a credit card number), I was wondering if anyone here has a mobileme membership. If it is possible to trace my iphone, I'd be super appreciative if anyone could help me out.

Thanks in advance,
Corey

Mr.Techie456

Mr.Techie456

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I don't see any use for it. You're baisically dropping 80 bucks for services such as a mobileme email address. Which you can get a email online for free, and most of those services for free online.

MegaEduX

MegaEduX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
I use MobileMe. It's not just the email address. It's more about the deep integration with your iOS devices and your Mac. That makes the price tag worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy