I have successfully loaded the "base" 10.6 installation onto my 311. I have windows loaded on another partition and it
is working with no problem.
I replaced the stock wifi card with the wifi card from an HP mini 1000. I taped pin 20. DID NOT update BIOS since this is an HP card. This card works with windows on the 311.
The sequence I used to load OSX is:
1. Restoring the Retail DVD onto a USB drive
2. Creating another USB drive with MultiBoot and using it to boot into HPM311DP_1109CHF4.iso
3. Everything loads OK
4. I unchecked the "Use secure Virtual Memory" box in Security
5. I installed the HPMini311 HF4 -i V1.1.pkg
6. Everything still OK... (I can get into OSX with no problem if I stop here)
7. I updated using the 10.6.2 combo package.
8. Everything supposedly installed OK
9. I restarted...
The machine starts to boot, but after about 1/2 a screen of text, it goes back to the boot loader.
Earlier, I went through step 6, then applied HPM311DP_061810HF6RC3.pkg and tried to update to 10.6.4... Update finished, but boot again failed after about 1/2 a screen of text...
No replies to this topic
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users