Install Mac OS in Dell Studio 15

BenRu

40 posts in this topic

The difference is that in the distro they took off a lot of stuff from the retail like all the voices (you know the ones that read) then bootcamp and a lot of stuff, but trust me you wont lose anything from the retail on the distro. it is just stuff that people might not need.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

Did you consider buying or borrowing a copy of the retail version of Snow Leopard, but still i think it could make the same problem.

I will try to find a solution to your problem. But it might take a while. I will see what I can do.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

check this out http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...ttp:/t4505.html

Which keyboard layout are you using, becareful because it uses the standard US keyboard so you have to press the key which is the third from the right (starting from the backspace)

there is the - key if it makes an underscore hold shift with it.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

Which keyboard layout are you using, becareful because it uses the standard US keyboard so you have to press the key which is the third from the right (starting from the backspace)

there is the - key if it makes an underscore hold shift with it.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

I have the spanish keyboard :D

Yes but do it anyway the way i told you to because the SL distro think it is a US keyboard so do like a told you and then when you are on the installer just choose the spanish keyboard layout.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

I tried everything: S

And the ascii code?

Uhmm... ALT+0151...work?

hi guys. i'm a fan of the build casing on the studio 15 and was looking to purchase a new one from dell. BenRu have you gotten ahold of a retail SL disc yet to further troubleshoot? I would want to run 10.6+ but i'm not sure of the compatibility with it.

MasterHunterHD if you have the time could you take a look at the dell website and let me know what you think might be the most compatible? (as far as the video, sound, and wireless driver options might be. assuming these are the main issues i'll run into) I'm also willing to listen to suggestions on other Dell laptop models or perhaps another brand that have an affordable but quality build similar to the studio 15 that would run 10.6 fairly smooth.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/l...&redirect=1

many thanks in advance. my previous hackintosh experiences were with a dell mini and a 6400 which were so easy to do with a few kext edits. hopefully someones trial and errors have found a solution on the newer hardware :D

hi guys. i'm a fan of the build casing on the studio 15 and was looking to purchase a new one from dell. BenRu have you gotten ahold of a retail SL disc yet to further troubleshoot? I would want to run 10.6+ but i'm not sure of the compatibility with it.

MasterHunterHD if you have the time could you take a look at the dell website and let me know what you think might be the most compatible? (as far as the video, sound, and wireless driver options might be. assuming these are the main issues i'll run into) I'm also willing to listen to suggestions on other Dell laptop models or perhaps another brand that have an affordable but quality build similar to the studio 15 that would run 10.6 fairly smooth.

http://www.dell.com/us/en/home/notebooks/l...&redirect=1

many thanks in advance. my previous hackintosh experiences were with a dell mini and a 6400 which were so easy to do with a few kext edits. hopefully someones trial and errors have found a solution on the newer hardware :P

Yes, I have a SL Retail...but, i don't install because need a GUID (not MBR) and i wan't erase windows and anothers partitions.

Tomorrow i will buy a 8gb pendrive and i install into it.

If all goes ok, then, i will create a windows image and i change the partitions MBR to GUID and again make the partitions.

Dell makes good computers :P

hey BenRu could you maybe update me after a couple days of playing with the install. are there any issues with wifi or the graphics card? have you tried hooking it up to an external monitor by chance? many thanks!