Install Mac OS in Dell Studio 15

BenRu

40 posts in this topic

Hi

I want to install mac os (leopard or snow leopard) with Windows 7 on a Dell Studio 15

I do not know which sound card that has no wifi device ;)

Dell Studio 15

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 1 GB

SDRAM DDR3 de 4.096 MB a 1333 MHz de doble canal [2 x 2.048]

What should I use? ideneb? iATKOS? what the latest version?

There are some guides that I come right?

Regards ;)

Thanks for the info ;)

Still do not know which is the wifi card, because the laptop I get this Friday.

Well, I do not know whether to install Leopard or Snow Leopard, which do you recommend?

iATKOS v2 s3 can be a solution?

Regards

Well, to be honest i would recommend Snow Leopard.

But here is my "Secret"

Leopard : Hardware Compatibilty

Snow Leopard : Software Compatibilty

now, why am i saying that, because if you use a cracked version of leopard, if it needs a kext you installed

it will use it if doesnt need it it will save it for later. While with snow leopard, most of the new softwares work,

but if it Snow Leopard doesn't like a kext, so it will give you a kernel panic. So you have to be careful.

Choose what you like the most. I like Snow Leopard. I can tell you this : if you are not totally sure of what kexts and that you just need OS X just for fun then -> Leopard (iAktos v2 s3 could be a solution if you want ;))

if you want to use Snow Leopard for developing or other stuff that require performance or the latest version of OS X, a/o you have all the kexts ready -> Snow Leopard

Regards and Happy to Help you ;),

MasterHunterHD

PS : As it is said in my signature feel free to PM me for any further help !

PS 2 : I will login again tommorow so if you have a question or just any kind of doubts about anything or simply about this topic feel free to PM ! ;)

The wifi is "Dell 1397 Wireless-G Card, but I'm not sure.

At first, I want to see if I do well and gives me errors. When I see that it's stable, I stop using Windows and I use Mac only.

One of the main uses is the web design and music production.

iATKOS v2 s3 is Snow Leopard

No unfortunately, i haven't found anything yet. if i find something i'll tell you

Regards and Happy to Help you :P ,

MasterHunterHD

PS : As it is said in my signature feel free to PM me for any further help !

Ok ;)

guide to install mac os on a dell with iATKOS?

Hi,

Now I have the laptop here!

The exact model is Dell Studio 1558

Any suggestions?

I don't know if there is a guide but you can look here at the kexts you need to install (you might be able to select them from the installer)

There were different configuration of your computer, but i looked up there is only one version of your model with the dell wireless G card so i knew it was the computer you had.

This is the Configuration I found (please tell me if it is not the right one)

Intel® Pentium™ Dual Core T4400 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/1MB cache)

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English

15.6” High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera

8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)

3GB2 Shared Dual Channel DDR2 at 800MHz

Size: 250GB3 SATA Hard Drive (5400RPM)

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

McAfee SecurityCenter, 30-Day Trial

Dell 1397 Wireless-G

56 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (6 cell)

Intel® Pentium™ Dual Core T4400 (2.2GHz/800Mhz FSB/1MB cache)

1 Year Limited Hardware Warranty4 (10-14 Day Mail-In Service After Remote Diagnosis5)

Midnight Blue

Okay, good

Now to start off we have to look at your start configuration (Motherboard, Processor RAM)

Intel Pentium, i think it is good enough for a processor or at least I hope so ! :P

3GB @ DDR2 i think it is good enough because as far as what i know Snow Leopard requires only 1GB of RAM (Now DDR2 or DDR3 i don't know but i think DDR2 is good enough)

For Graphics i have to look up.

Wi-fi Unfortunately, i don't think it will work. (But i think you can still ask for that.)

--- Please Keep me Updated ---

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

PS : Feel free to PM me for further help or for future help for other stuff

PPS : I look now for Graphics. ;)

Hi MasterHunter

What would you recommend as the hacintosh os for a Dell Studio 1558 with I5 processor..

I can get Kalyway 10.5.2 to install fine but need loads of kexts for

Wifi, Ethernet, SD Card, Audio, Webcam (i think)

I cant get:

Ipc or IDeneb to install - i think its becuase of having a I5 Processor;

• 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5 520M Processor
  • Intel GMA HD 4500M HD graphics
  • 500 GB HDD at 7200 RPM
  • 4GB DDR3 RAM
  • 15.6-inch TrueLife LED Display
  • In built 2MP webcam
  • Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

The info is here:

Dell Studio 1558

Intel® Core™ i7-720QM Mobile Processor (1.6GHz, turbo up to 2.8GHz, 6MB L3 Cache)

ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD5470 1 GB

SDRAM DDR3 de 4.096 MB a 1333 MHz de doble canal [2 x 2.048

I downloaded iATKOS v2 s3 and I recorded on a DVD.

I started the notebook from him and tells me to press any key to continue (once inside the dvd), I give and I get a gray screen with Apple logo, and the latter the notebook is restarted.

what I can do?

@BenRu : So you do not have to change anything except for the graphics. Because in the previous configuration I found the graphics card i had a Intel GMA and now I have ATI. So for that kind of card you have to look up a kext. I will see if i can do something for you (And i think you could try to First look for a universal kext and then you go a bit more precise in the selection)

You said the DVD doesn't boot, i think you will have to download an other version of OS X.

So Kalyway for Leopard and SL INTEL AMD by HAZARD or iAtkos for Snow Leopard

@Simon_WM : I would still recommend the same Kalyway, iAtkos or SL by Hazard for that kind of processor, now why am i saying that because. pentium, i3, i5, i7 they are still Intel, so you could use those. I haven't tested it but i am really sure that Snow Leopard will work great with those intel processor (Apple sells MacBook Pros with i5 and i7 ;))

For Audio : Use a universal kext first : VoodooHDA.

For Graphics : I have to look that up because i don't think it is supported although i'll keep you updated ;)

For Wifi : As far as what i know only Broadcom and Atheros so i don't think it will work because i looked at all the configuration possible and what i had was either Intel or Dell

For Webcam : See if it works when you install it because some webcams work right out of the box.

For the SD Card slot : i dont know i have to look that up too.

--- As I keep both of you updated about what I find, please keep me updated too of what you get ! ;) ---

Regards ;) ,

MasterHunterHD

It is possible and a good idea, but the problem will be that you will have to change the partition map causing you not to be able to install windows, and if you use a retail version of Mac OS X, you will need an EFI to boot it, every single time : Mac OS X won't be bootable without the CD (the one you burnt with Mac OS X)

For the bootloader you will need Chameleon (I dont know if it will work) but to boot windows you will need that too.

(Chameleon is only for Intel)

And then also what you can do in the installation customization (in the cracked version) you can select already a good part of the kexts you want to install.

Hi pall,

My advice for you will be iatkos v7. Be sure to install it. Later you can create USB of RETAIL DVD. It would be easier for you to install Snow Leopard.

If you dont know your configuration. During installation you can run HARDWARE MONITOR, its below disk utility. Be sure to write all devices like VGA,SOUND,WIFI,ETHERNET.

Later just install :)

Dont waste your time with iatkos s3 v2. I have 2 dvds of iatkos s3 v2 and after 10 trials to install it I just gave up and installed retail dvd :)

I tried Kalyway 10.5.2 and everything seemed fine until the system starts.

Leaves a gray screen with the apple, and loading. The loading remains "caught" and stay there.

It may be problem of the graph, do not know. I have ATI and that is what I scored, however, I'm going to install and I selected also Intel VGA.

The problem is that it has screwed up the boot, and now I can not access Windows-_-

I am downloading iATKOS v7 in another pc and be settling if this gives me problems.

How I can restore the boot? With iATKOS v7 will recover?

I suppose what you could do is to use the Windows DVD you have and make it scan for problems. You know when you put it in instead of clicking on Install Windows, there is a little button that says repair computer or something like that. see if it can help you !

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

PS : Please PM me about your progress so that i can follow your case better and provide you better assistance, thank you ! :P

You could use an other distro like i said in other posts : Snow Leopard Intel AMD 10.6.1 - 10.6.2 by Hazard and then use it with the kexts i gave you before.

Regards,

MasterHunterHD

PS : --- As I keep you updated please keep me updated also through PM ;) (if possible, if not then please on the post) of your progress ---

Read this:

The [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] + [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] method is designed and tested for any desktop or laptop running the latest line of Intel processors, the Core i3/i5/i7s.

My cpu is i7... :blink:

Hazard run on my laptop?