[PDF Guide] Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2 Snow Leopard 10.6.4 Vanilla Remixed

141 posts in this topic

I just ran the auto patcher and copied the aml file to my extra folder.I tried booting without the disc and got the same error/hang. Did i miss something? Thank you for your help MaLd0n

folder Extra http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=79503

+

DSDT(Auto Patcher) in folder Extra

+

Chameleon RC5

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=80413

only

the ideal is a clean installation

or remove what you have already installed

the audio you can also use the DSDT

if you need help upload the DSDT

Hi,

i instal follow this instructions in my MOBO and all appears ok, but when i conect my monitor in DVI port the display calibrator has no effect and i cant ajust my color.

Conected in analogic port, the display calibrator runs ok.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6660 2.6 Ghz

Mobo: Gygabyte GA EP35_DS3L

Graphic card: XFX Geoforce 8600 GT 512 Mb

RAM: 4 Gb of RAM - DDR2 - 800 mhz - Kingstom

HD HD (SATA1) 1Tb

Has anyone tried 10.6.5 update? I am apprehensive and would love to hear from someone who has tried it.

- DJ

It updates to 10.6.5 fine you just need to remove sleepenabler.kext from the Extra folder and redo the audio after rebooting so backup appleHDA.kext from system\library\extensions before updating.

Hi,

i instal follow this instructions in my MOBO and all appears ok, but when i conect my monitor in DVI port the display calibrator has no effect and i cant ajust my color.

Conected in analogic port, the display calibrator runs ok.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks!

CPU: Core 2 Quad Q6660 2.6 Ghz

Mobo: Gygabyte GA EP35_DS3L

Graphic card: XFX Geoforce 8600 GT 512 Mb

RAM: 4 Gb of RAM - DDR2 - 800 mhz - Kingstom

HD HD (SATA1) 1Tb

what display calibrator?

• 4 weeks later...
hello everybody and thank you for this guide

Will this work for GA-EP35-DS3 ?

best regards

I have a GA-EP35-DS3L. Followed instructions exactly (well, almost - I used a flash drive instead of the SL CD.. faster & a lot quieter) and everything worked perfectly.

Especially sleep!!! I'd tried for two years to get sleep to work on my machine without any luck, despite the assistance of luminaries such as weaksauce12.

thepiecesfit - Thank you very much.

It updates to 10.6.5 fine you just need to remove sleepenabler.kext from the Extra folder and redo the audio after rebooting so backup appleHDA.kext from system\library\extensions before updating.

Agreed -- if you want to give up sleep.

Following other treads, I downloaded at least four versions of SleepEnabler.kext which promise to work with 10.6.5. None did. Mostly, I got KP's. With one (using arch=i386,pmVersion=21) I booted and saw SleepEnabler listed in kextstat output, but when I tried to sleep, the machine did not fully go to sleep. The light on the DVD kept flashing periodically and there was no way to come out of sleep.

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 10.6.5 AND managed to keep sleep working?

I have a GA-EP35-DS3L. Followed instructions exactly (well, almost - I used a flash drive instead of the SL CD.. faster & a lot quieter) and everything worked perfectly.

Especially sleep!!! I'd tried for two years to get sleep to work on my machine without any luck, despite the assistance of luminaries such as weaksauce12.

thepiecesfit - Thank you very much.

Agreed -- if you want to give up sleep.

Following other treads, I downloaded at least four versions of SleepEnabler.kext which promise to work with 10.6.5. None did. Mostly, I got KP's. With one (using arch=i386,pmVersion=21) I booted and saw SleepEnabler listed in kextstat output, but when I tried to sleep, the machine did not fully go to sleep. The light on the DVD kept flashing periodically and there was no way to come out of sleep.

Has anyone successfully upgraded to 10.6.5 AND managed to keep sleep working?

I have not been able to find a working sleep enabler for this setup and 10.6.5 ;)

• 3 weeks later...
I just updated my ga-p35-ds3l board to 10.6.6 just fine. Just had to remember to remove sleepenabler and back up applehda and then reinstall it after update. Thanks so much for this guide, it is very helpful!

Just to check... does sleep work for you after the update?

I recently re-installed everything and am up to 10.6.6 but I just noticed that the front headphone jack isn't working for me.

I have an EP35-DS3L(I don't think there's much difference between this and the P35-DS3L) and used the files in this tutorial to get it running. Does the front headphone jack work for anyone else on Snow Leopard? I don't see it listed as an output option. I had it working fine on Leopard before I updated my system.

Just to check... does sleep work for you after the update?

I have not tried. I haven't searched for a 10.6.6 sleepenabler.kext. I don't use this machine for sleep. You could try the version independent ones on the forums and see if they work.

I recently re-installed everything and am up to 10.6.6 but I just noticed that the front headphone jack isn't working for me.

I have an EP35-DS3L(I don't think there's much difference between this and the P35-DS3L) and used the files in this tutorial to get it running. Does the front headphone jack work for anyone else on Snow Leopard? I don't see it listed as an output option. I had it working fine on Leopard before I updated my system.

Does your normal audio work? I upgraded from 10.6.4 (with working audio) to 10.6.6 where the audio didn't work. I updated my applehda.kext and sound is working through back and front outputs. I have a ga-p35-ds3l.

I have not tried. I haven't searched for a 10.6.6 sleepenabler.kext. I don't use this machine for sleep. You could try the version independent ones on the forums and see if they work.

Does your normal audio work? I upgraded from 10.6.4 (with working audio) to 10.6.6 where the audio didn't work. I updated my applehda.kext and sound is working through back and front outputs. I have a ga-p35-ds3l.

The back outputs work but not the front.(should I see a separate output in the sound settings for the front jack?) I'm kind of a noob still with this stuff and once I get everything working I don't touch anything until I decide I want to update. What are the best steps to check my audio was done correctly?

The back outputs work but not the front.(should I see a separate output in the sound settings for the front jack?) I'm kind of a noob still with this stuff and once I get everything working I don't touch anything until I decide I want to update. What are the best steps to check my audio was done correctly?

Mine is auto-switch when I plug into the headphone jack on the front of my case. Have you tried using SoundSource?

Hi! I have a 10.6.3 system with DSDT based on this guide, with these kexts:

fakesms

ionetworkingFamily

NullCPUPowerManagement

OrangeFixIcon

RealtekR1000SL

Sleepenabler

What should i do in order to upgrade to 10.6.6 ?

Thanks in advance !

You need to make sure to remove sleepenabler. You will also likely need a new applehda.kext for audio to work. I came from 10.6.4 and the update went smoothly but broke my audio. New applehda.kext fixed that. Oh, and you should probably back up first :)

• 2 weeks later...

You could use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for 10.6.2 AppleHDA rollback and use MacMans Unified ALC8xx for audio.

Edit:

I did a straight update to 10.6.6 and everything is working w/ DSDT I got from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208243 . I used retail 10.6 install w/ [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] cd and then used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install:

UserDSDT install

System Utilities

Mac man's unified ALC8XXHDA

AppleHDA Rollback

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

FakeSMC

FakeSMC Plugins

IOUSBFamily Rollback <=== need this or you will KP, if you do just safe boot and install this.

Edit:

I did a straight update to 10.6.6 and everything is working w/ DSDT I got from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208243 . I used retail 10.6 install w/ [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] cd and then used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to install:

UserDSDT install

System Utilities

Mac man's unified ALC8XXHDA

AppleHDA Rollback

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

FakeSMC

FakeSMC Plugins

IOUSBFamily Rollback <=== need this or you will KP, if you do just safe boot and install this.

Wow... Not wanting to mess with my main system or build another, I cleaned out my Extra folder on a test system which was a clone of the 10.6.4 installation in this guide. I ran the 10.6.6 combo update against it and manually extracted all the kexts from [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and put them in EE or SLE according to [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]'s PDF document.

That meant that SleepEnabler is NOT present. System booted just fine, in 10.6.6.

Sleep works - mostly. Goes to sleep & wakes just fine, but with the power button, not the mouse or keyboard.

After digging around, I found posts about keyboard/mouse not waking SL when connected through a USB 2 hub. So, I plugged a USB keyboard into one of the USB ports connected directly to the motherboard & it woke the machine just fine!.

So... is the need to connect my keyboard/mouse directly to the motherboard worth the grief? Not sure because they go thru a KVM switch which seems to act as a hub. The dream solution would be to take that other DSDT and update it to fix the wake from keyboard/mouse problem. Alas, I am still a newbie at DSDT patching. I've found a half dozen threads that talk about fixing this, but can't see the common thread in them.

To thepiecesfit, do you have any time or interest in looking at the DSDT provided in that post and seeing whether you could merge your wake-on-keyboard/mouse fixes? This is the first solution I've see that gets sleep working past 10.6.4.

Thanks!

PS.. what I ended up with: New /E has: com.apple.Boot.plist (Unchanged from this post. arch=x86_64 with Graphics enabler, mode and boot/screen dimensions) and DSDT (copied the final_version_dsdt.aml file from the post thirdshiftdj references).

New /EE has the following kexts: ACPIMonior, ALC8xxHDA, IntelThermal, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector, SuperIOFamily.

/SLE was updated with the rolled back IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass (not sure if this is for 10.6.6 or the DSDT) and the rolled-back AppleHDA

• 1 year later...

Hate to resurrect this thread from the dead but...

Has anyone updated from SL 10.6.4 to 10.6.8?

I'm trying to install the latest Java update to protect myself from the Flashback trojan and I can't with 10.6.4

Any thoughts?