Booting into Windows from OSX86!?

6 posts in this topic

Hey......

I'm currently running OSX 10.4.7 on my hackintosh and it runs perfect. The only thing that I really miss is the games! So I was wondering if I can install Windows and boot into it from OSX86!? I mean so it as default boots into OSX86 and when I need to run windows, I can just select it from OSX86, and it boots (maybe restarts) into Windows!?

Is that possible - is there such a program/bootloader!?

I know I can just use the boot selection screen built into Windows, but the whole point is that I would like it to boot into OSX86 as default, because that's what I use the most - and when I need to run Windows (mainly for games) then I can choose to do that!

That is not possible, unless you're talking about a running Windows in a virtual machine. But VMs has no 3D hardware support, so that is not an option if you want to use it for gaming. Anyway, what's wrong with the "boot selection" method? You can set it to boot OS X as default, and minimize (to 2 or 3 seconds) the display time.

The only way I can get dual booting to work is to push the F8 button really fast after I select OSX86 at the boot selection screen! I just find that so fustrating/irritation! I would just like to able to boot the OS that I want with the push of one button on the selection sceen! Is that possible!?

Can I use a bootloader and still have the OSX86 as the main (default) OS???

Yes, try Acronis Boot Manager (part of Acronis disk director suite). This is what I use, and I have had no problems. You can just set OSX86 to boot by default, unless you push a button, or set it to boot after x seconds.

Hope this helps!

Yes, try Acronis Boot Manager (part of Acronis disk director suite). This is what I use, and I have had no problems. You can just set OSX86 to boot by default, unless you push a button, or set it to boot after x seconds.

Hope this helps!

Thanks.....

I'll try that :angry:

I did it once, when my first choice OS was Windows, but the mouse was really hard to use at the boot selection screen! Have you experienced that!? it is almost too fast!