10.4.1/4/5 Live and Install DVD

modbin

81 posts in this topic

I know that it uses the 10.4.4 kernel. Also, are you still able to run installer.app from /System/Library/CoreServices if people using the dvd wanted to install aswell? Because some people might be using the dvd as a test for hardware compatibility.

Dragon

It is not only using the 10.4.4 kernel, every JaS or myzar DVD out there is using the full 10.4.4 system for booting, not only the kernel.

there is no installer.app in coreservices it is in Applications/utillities, but as i posted above we can fix the install issue with a .pkg easily.

osinstall.mpkg is installing fine but it will only copy the symlink instead of the folder itself.

I had to create symlinks for root,tmp and some others so that the ramdisk is able to work.

greets,

modbin

i've built over 20 different liveDVDs now, none of them i have managed to get the dock loaded. i've used your rc.cdrom with your instructions followed perfectly. tried loading the dock from installermenuadditions.plist and rc.cdrom, both just load finder and the dock never comes. what am i doing wrong?

other than that liveDVD works perfect. I can create folders on the desktop and load other apps.

:happymac:

PS: your rc.cdrom makes os x shutdown before it's finished booting and i'm using myzar.

ty

Dragon

:gun:

i've built over 20 different liveDVDs now, none of them i have managed to get the dock loaded. i've used your rc.cdrom with your instructions followed perfectly. tried loading the dock from installermenuadditions.plist and rc.cdrom, both just load finder and the dock never comes. what am i doing wrong?

other than that liveDVD works perfect. I can create folders on the desktop and load other apps.

:)

PS: your rc.cdrom makes os x shutdown before it's finished booting and i'm using myzar.

ty

Dragon

:gun:

for the dock to load you need

pasted in /Library

pasted in /usr/libexec

and of course all the (private)frameworks

if rc.cdrom makes osx shutdown please tell me exactly where and whitch version of it you are using.

btw could be a permissin problem.

you need to use the modified version of rc.cdrom or it will not work.

if you need the latest version which loads loginwindow I will send it to you.

greets, modbin

• 5 months later...