• This topic is locked This topic is locked
80 replies to this topic

lostsoftware

lostsoftware

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
sorry about that. just anxious to get started working on the project :(!

lostsoftware

lostsoftware

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
mobin, can we get an update?
so we can get updated instructions, since all your previous uploads have been deleted.
thank youuuuu :thumbsdown_anim:

BugsB

BugsB

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
Don't have my Laptop with the instructions @ hand right now, but if s.b. posts the instructions here, there are a few changes or additions to it which you should mind:

1. the macintosh services in Windows are not necessary, just share your shared folder with the Live-DVD ISO in it with normal Windows filesharing. The Mac OS on the Live DVD has working Samba for filesharing with Windows, no prob.

2. in Windows mount the Live DVD.ISO with Daemon Tools

3. in VMWare:
__a. have both the DVD and your native install (if you mount native install) emulated as Windows NT
__b. networking: host only
__c. as CD choose your mounted DVD for your Live DVD VM

4. In your mounted Mac OS then, click on "Network" in the control panel (Dock) and have the panel recognize and configure itself finding the host network (in case you mount your Mac OS in VMWare for the first time for this project). then, in Finder, go to the folder you are sharing in your Windows which is running underneath

5. after mounting the Live DVD ISO readwrite in terminal you should replace /Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility with the one from the 10.4.7 Server DVD because that is the first Intel version on DVD that allows restore (which is one thing we want & need from a Live tools DVD like this)

6. If you add Apps to /Applications (+ their Prefs etc.) ALWAYS add them in compressed disk images (best compressed with DropDMG = highest compression). The first thing I deleted to make some space was Toast 7.0 - 70 Megs or so not compressed in a disk image, not UniBin, and what should I be able to use a burning program for if I have the Live DVD in the drive .. :poster_oops:

7. in the VM for your Live DVD only choose the mounted Daemon image - as soon as you add any other drives the disk won't mount (because VMWare sucks big time in this matter)

That's all I can think of right now. Nice you are building a Live-DVD, too .. :)

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts

The first thing I deleted to make some space was Toast 7.0 - 70 Megs or so not compressed in a disk image, not UniBin, and what should I be able to use a burning program for if I have the Live DVD in the drive .. :thumbsdown_anim:

I have a DVDRom and a DVD Burner so it is quite handy to burn some backups of your data if your hackint0sh won`t boot from the hd.

anyway here are the instructions including the ramdisk

http://rapidshare.de...modbin.rar.html

greets,
modbin :2cents:

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts
I fixed the ramdisk.
You can now enter your ramdisk size while booting with -v :censored2:
to see how it works download the vmware movie.

http://rapidshare.co...sksize.rar.html

greets,
modbin

jacksont123

jacksont123

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
hey modbin!

thanks for doing all this amazing work!
is it possible if you could reupload the rar file with your instructions and everything else needed to construct the dvd?
apparently, all the rapidshare links except for the last one is working... :(

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Wow, amazing progress guys. Modbin and Dragon, thanks for keeping this project alive. If you guys can, please keep the status "sticky" up to date. I might also scan these threads more often and update it too.

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts
ok here are my instructions including my private folder with full working ramdisk/symlink rc.cdrom etc...

http://rapidshare.co...Modbin.rar.html

greets,
modbin

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts
After endless tinkering with the netinfo database loginwindow finally accepts my password.
this means we now have:
about this mac,
force quit,
shutdown,restart,sleep
and logout from the apple menu.

also loginwindow now loads up finder,dock,systemuiserver etc for us so we can remove the calls in rc.cdrom.

there are still some netinfo related errors we have to fix.
I will post some screens tomorrow after work if you like.

greets,
modbin :angel: :dev:

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
that would be awesome thanks.

EDIT: can u post instructions? i'm gonna do them and make a ppf.

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts
I have to fix some errors with memberd and DirectoryService first.
Wenn it`s done I post instructions.
ppf size will be about 2GB !

Attached File  Logout.jpg   139.27KB   212 downloads

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
Very good stuff. I'm gonna take a look at how to adapt the new 8.81 kernel and 10.4.8 updates.

Also, try using www.mediafire.com for uploads. Seems a bit less annoying than rapidshare.

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
Wait for an SSE2 compatible DVD first :P

PS: have u tried it on the 10.4.7 iso REVENGE/modbin?

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts

PS: have u tried it on the 10.4.7 iso REVENGE/modbin?

All the DVD out there are based on the old 10.4.4 restore DVD with 10.4.7 combo update in the Install folder.
The only real 10.4.7 is the "10.4.7 universal server" but it hasn`t been hacked yet.
so every OSX DVD you are booting is booting 10.4.4.

I fixed the errors with memberd and DirectoryService.
The osinstall.dist isn`t able to follow symlinks so I deleted the install folder,but we can fix this with a .pkg.
for now it is pure live not live/install anymore.
rc.cdrom is also gone I included everything in rc.
waitingforloginwindow is back, it is the nice Starting OS X window.

I will post a video soon.

greets,
modbin

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts

All the DVD out there are based on the old 10.4.4 restore DVD with 10.4.7 combo update in the Install folder.
The only real 10.4.7 is the "10.4.7 universal server" but it hasn`t been hacked yet.
so every OSX DVD you are booting is booting 10.4.4.

I fixed the errors with memberd and DirectoryService.
The osinstall.dist isn`t able to follow symlinks so I deleted the install folder,but we can fix this with a .pkg.
for now it is pure live not live/install anymore.
rc.cdrom is also gone I included everything in rc.
waitingforloginwindow is back, it is the nice Starting OS X window.

I will post a video soon.

greets,
modbin

I know that it uses the 10.4.4 kernel. Also, are you still able to run installer.app from /System/Library/CoreServices if people using the dvd wanted to install aswell? Because some people might be using the dvd as a test for hardware compatibility.

Dragon

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts

I know that it uses the 10.4.4 kernel. Also, are you still able to run installer.app from /System/Library/CoreServices if people using the dvd wanted to install aswell? Because some people might be using the dvd as a test for hardware compatibility.

Dragon

It is not only using the 10.4.4 kernel, every JaS or myzar DVD out there is using the full 10.4.4 system for booting, not only the kernel.
there is no installer.app in coreservices it is in Applications/utillities, but as i posted above we can fix the install issue with a .pkg easily.
osinstall.mpkg is installing fine but it will only copy the symlink instead of the folder itself.
I had to create symlinks for root,tmp and some others so that the ramdisk is able to work.

greets,
modbin

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts
:construction:

http://www.mediafire.com/?4mfzweqyyjb

REVENGE

REVENGE

Made of Win

• Retired Developers
  • 684 posts
So are there still fundamental roadblocks to using the 10.4.6+ systems to boot a Live DVD?

Dragon

Dragon

Insanely Dragon

• Retired Developers
  • 414 posts
i've built over 20 different liveDVDs now, none of them i have managed to get the dock loaded. i've used your rc.cdrom with your instructions followed perfectly. tried loading the dock from installermenuadditions.plist and rc.cdrom, both just load finder and the dock never comes. what am i doing wrong?

other than that liveDVD works perfect. I can create folders on the desktop and load other apps.
:happymac:
PS: your rc.cdrom makes os x shutdown before it's finished booting and i'm using myzar.

ty
Dragon
:gun:

modbin

modbin

InsanelyMac Geek

• Developers
  • 120 posts

i've built over 20 different liveDVDs now, none of them i have managed to get the dock loaded. i've used your rc.cdrom with your instructions followed perfectly. tried loading the dock from installermenuadditions.plist and rc.cdrom, both just load finder and the dock never comes. what am i doing wrong?

other than that liveDVD works perfect. I can create folders on the desktop and load other apps.
:)
PS: your rc.cdrom makes os x shutdown before it's finished booting and i'm using myzar.

ty
Dragon
:gun:

for the dock to load you need
pasted in /Library
pasted in /usr/libexec
and of course all the (private)frameworks

if rc.cdrom makes osx shutdown please tell me exactly where and whitch version of it you are using.
btw could be a permissin problem.
you need to use the modified version of rc.cdrom or it will not work.
if you need the latest version which loads loginwindow I will send it to you.

greets, modbin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy