• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

artus112

artus112

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thanks. This was the only thing I could find that worked for my HP m9152p after upgrading to 10.6.4. Almost all now works perfectly.

Jimsen2020

Jimsen2020

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Thanks a lot. It works perfect!!!
So i'm gonna to order the Trackpad and i hope that it works!

Great wishes from Germany!

Drakenex

Drakenex

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
After trying whit a lot of Kexts combinations, DSDT edits and a lot of things more this was the only combination of working Kexts and I have sound now!! thanks a lot you saved the day hehe!!.

Working perfect on a GA-EP43T-UDL3 :(

Mauley

Mauley

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Would this work on a AMD Gigabyte motherboard (GA-MA770-UD3). It also has the ALC888 audio. I have tried a lot of kexts but none of them work.

Nickdep

Nickdep

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thnx man works on GA-EP35-DS4 stoked!!!!

SykD

SykD

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
The kext loads for me, but there are no output or input devices. AppleAzaliaAudio Works for my green output, but that's it. VoodooHDA works for some of my ports but they are mixed and very distorted.

Specs:
AMD
10.6.4 (10A432)
GA-MA770T-UD3P
ALC888
Modbin's mach_kernel.test7

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Glad so many people found my upload useful and solved their sound problems!!! :lol: Sorry SkyD but my guess is that you have a different "address" for example these kexts are for address 0 you might have address 2 as has been stated in page 1 of this topic, give it a read.

neozeed

neozeed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
OMG Thank you very much! I can confirm that this work on 10.6.4 on my HP m9360f with some ALC888S card built into the mother board...

I used the Kext Helper b7 to install it, and it's working GREAT (Once I setup the output's correctly).

I'm currently using the 32bit kernel, but hell sound is kind of nice to have, I'll have to try to force it on the x86_64 to see what it does.

Thanks again!

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

OMG Thank you very much! I can confirm that this work on 10.6.4 on my HP m9360f with some ALC888S card built into the mother board...

I used the Kext Helper b7 to install it, and it's working GREAT (Once I setup the output's correctly).

I'm currently using the 32bit kernel, but hell sound is kind of nice to have, I'll have to try to force it on the x86_64 to see what it does.

Thanks again!

No problem mate! :D

Partial

Partial

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
This works really well. Thanks man! Only solution I've found that actually works for the ALC888 and ABit IP35-e.

One thing that I've noticed is that it's almost like my speakers are 2x as loud as they were with whatever my previous solution was (I really don't remember what it was). Unless I turn the software volume to 50% or so, there's a lot of distortion. Not a problem at all. Anybody experience this? I'm coming from an IP35-E.

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
Maybe try another output on your computer. I heard about some output that Mac makes "baseless" and increases its volume a lot for system sounds like beeps you may be connected to that one.

neozeed

neozeed

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Let me just add, that after 'fixing' my boot strings to force the x86_64 kernel, sound is still working, and working GREAT!

From Office, iTunes, Sims, Half-Life2 to even some old PPC stuff like ONI.

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
NICE!! :)

Tiwaz

Tiwaz

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you it did work out form me BUT i got one problem with i really hate!

When booting and when my speakers will play the first sound it is a loud plopping sound! This is pretty annoing and i don't know how to fix it or if it's bad for my laptop/speakers. Does someone has the same problem as me with this kexts and how'd you fixed it? I really hope someone will reply as i cant find other forums for a fix!

dpollard55

dpollard55

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Awesome job!! Just put 10.6.5 on my HP Pavillion P6110f about 2 days ago and have been looking for an alternative to VoodooHDA since. You are a life saver! Awesome job!!

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Thank you it did work out form me BUT i got one problem with i really hate!

When booting and when my speakers will play the first sound it is a loud plopping sound! This is pretty annoing and i don't know how to fix it or if it's bad for my laptop/speakers. Does someone has the same problem as me with this kexts and how'd you fixed it? I really hope someone will reply as i cant find other forums for a fix!

Sorry, not sure how to fix the popping sound at startup. Try searching insanelymac?

Awesome job!! Just put 10.6.5 on my HP Pavillion P6110f about 2 days ago and have been looking for an alternative to VoodooHDA since. You are a life saver! Awesome job!!

No problem! Always glad to be of help! :)

ostiw

ostiw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Awesome!

Now playing Duke Ellington ;)

10.6.5, P35-DS3L. I'm nervous to update to 10.6.7, anyone give it a go yet?

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I'm still on 10.6.4, I don't even want to risk upgrading because my system is working flawlessly in this version. Usually updates just brick my Mac at the startup screen.

ostiw

ostiw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
works with 10.7 :P

Elad Nava

Elad Nava

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
I'm so pro. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy