20 replies to this topic

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi Guy ^_^

I Have a samsung N130 and i use SL 10.6.4 Retail.
I change my wifi card and now it work.
At the moment i have the problem with the sleep mode ..the netbook go to sleep but the wake not working.Some body can help me to fix this issue?

The card reader work to someone?

thanks for all

Macche

Macche

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
in my N130 i've done this procedure to enable sleep and the brightness control (in SL 10.6.3):

Enabling Sleep / Brightness

Go into the BIOS and set the following:

EDB = Enabled
Legacy USB Support: Disabled
USB S3 Wake-Up = Enabled

Boot into OSX

You’ll need to replace the DSDT.aml from NetbookMaker with the one below.

I’ve uploaded a DSDT.aml for the n310 here – DSDT.aml. This is for the N310, but it works great also in NC10 and N130.
To use, rename file to DSDT.aml, and copy to /Extra, then reboot.

This also apparently works for Brightness control on 10.6.3. You’ll have to change brightness from the System Prefs / Displays / Brightness though, as the function keys aren’t mapped.

Then i have a question for you:
how have you upgraded to 10.6.4??
direct normal upgrade or i had to do some procedures first?

Thank You!

Alender

Alender

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

in my N130 i've done this procedure to enable sleep and the brightness control (in SL 10.6.3):

Enabling Sleep / Brightness

Go into the BIOS and set the following:

EDB = Enabled
USB S3 Wake-Up = Enabled

Boot into OSX

I’ve uploaded a DSDT.aml for the n310 here – DSDT.aml. This is for the N310, but it works great also in NC10 and N130.

This also apparently works for Brightness control on 10.6.3. You’ll have to change brightness from the System Prefs / Displays / Brightness though, as the function keys aren’t mapped.

Then i have a question for you:
how have you upgraded to 10.6.4??
direct normal upgrade or i had to do some procedures first?

Thank You!

ty you for your reply!
Nice solution :) i'll try it.

For you question,yes i'have update my s.o. to 10.6.4.
First step :
i used netbookinstaller http://www.meklort.com/?p=262 and disable sleep,No restart,update with combo update 10.6.3 to 10.6.4.

After reboot keyboard and touchpad don't work! with mouse usb launch netbookinstaller to fix the problem!

Edit : Yes!!! now sleep work!! very very nice!
for brightness controll i use shades! i use ctrl+up and down for increase/descrease the bright

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Yippie, sleeps works now,
BUT with this DSDT and other i tested from different samsungs there is
allways the same "problem", the batterie/power cable is not recognized
there is only the battery symbol in the menu bar if the power cable is connected.

And the display is not dimmed in batterie mode if you unplug the power cable.

Is there a solution for this?

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Yippie, sleeps works now,
BUT with this DSDT and other i tested from different samsungs there is
allways the same "problem", the batterie/power cable is not recognized
there is only the battery symbol in the menu bar if the power cable is connected.

And the display is not dimmed in batterie mode if you unplug the power cable.

Is there a solution for this?

I agree ...so I cooked my own DSDT file with a combo of NC 310 DSDT file and the one generated by the Netbook Installer.
I can see the Battery icon in the menu bar and it displays the percentage left. When I plug in the AC adapter, the battery changes to the "lighting" to indicate it is charging the battery. When the battery is fully charged, the "charging" symbol is replaced by a "two pin plug" symbol and 100% is dispalyed next to it. Now, if I remove the AC adapter, the the normal battery state is displayed and the whole LCD dims slightly. So this works for me.

If you blindly copy DSDT.aml from the NC310 as mentioned elswhere in this thread, then you will see the problem you mentioned.

I have attached my DSDT.aml file (zipped).

So far I have the following working:

Wifi: Atheros AR9285. Seen by OS X as Airport Extreme. There was no need for me to replace this card :P
Ethernet: fully working
Sound: No feedback from internal mic. Earphone OK. Fn+LEFT & RIGHT keys changes volume. Fn+F6 mutes.
Sleep: Fn+Esc key sleeps. Slow LED glow during sleep. Power switch wakes up. Closing Lid sleeps.
VGA: detects external monitor and I can change the resolution independently of the built-in LCD
Trackpad: Two finger scrolling works, single finger scroll works (including horizontal scrolling)
Camera: works perfectly though quality is poor (but that's to do with built-in cheapo camera)
Battery: Indicator shows Charging, Charged and % charge remaining. Display dims with AC on
External USB Mouse: Wired mouse works
Keyboard: Had to download a new keyboard layout file (UK) to swap the '"' and '@' keys

What does NOT work:
Sound: Internal speaker volume too low (compared Windows 7 that was originally installed). Not tested external mic
Brightness: Cannot control brightness via Fn+UP or DOWN keys
Keyboard: '\' and '`' keys are swapped. Fn+End and Fn+Home don't work. Fn+F12 reduced LCD brightness instead of Scroll Lock
Sleep: Attached USB Drives do NOT wake up from sleep. Get an error stating drive was unplugged.

If anyone has solutions to the non-working list, please share. Thx

Attached Files

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

I agree ...so I cooked my own DSDT file with a combo of NC 310 DSDT file and the one generated by the Netbook Installer

I have attached my DSDT.aml file (zipped).

Wifi: Atheros AR9285. Seen by OS X as Airport Extreme. There was no need for me to replace this card :(

Sound: No feedback from internal mic.

What does NOT work:
Sound: Internal speaker volume too low (compared Windows 7 that was originally installed). Not tested external mic
Brightness: Cannot control brightness via Fn+UP or DOWN keys

Sleep: Attached USB Drives do NOT wake up from sleep. Get an error stating drive was unplugged.

Wifi: Why and since when 10.6.x? is the Atheros card working, i exchanged with a dell card.

Sound:
no mic working, even external mic not working.
The only way is a usb mic or BT headset.

Brightness: there a many guides how to use quicksilver or spark and use a applescript with decrease and increase comands for brightness with custom keys (windows up/down)

Sleep: my usb drives wakes up, so this is vendor specific ?

SD: What also works since ever is the SD card slot, even SDHC compatible!

Only the unsupported mic is missing feature, what is the best usb or wireless solution?

MacNB

MacNB

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Wifi: Why and since when 10.6.x? is the Atheros card working, i exchanged with a dell card.

Not sure when Aethros support was introduced but I believe it was always there. What was required was to set the correct Vendor ID and Device ID in the AirPortAethros21.kext info.plist file. This kext is a plugin with the IO80211Familiy.kext.

Sound: no mic working, even external mic not working.
The only way is a usb mic or BT headset.

I removed AppleHDA.kext and added VoodooHDA.kext version 0.2.53. My earphones work fine -- pretty loud. Internal mic work pretty good -- though I do have to turn up the level quite high in the preferences. External mic works very well too. Again, I had to turn up the level.

Brightness: there a many guides how to use quicksilver or spark and use a applescript with decrease and increase comands for brightness with custom keys (windows up/down)

Yes I have read about these utilities but apparently these do not actually control the LCD backlight which is the major consumer of battery life. And they do not adjust to the battery or AC condition. The point is, it is possible on some laptops to adjust brightness "natively" via the Fn keys without such utilities and I am trying to find out how to do the same with our Sammy.

Sleep: my usb drives wakes up, so this is vendor specific ?

Could be the case. I'll try other makes/models of USB drives to see if it's the config or the USB drive at fault.

SD: What also works since ever is the SD card slot, even SDHC compatible!

Yeh mine too :)

Only the unsupported mic is missing feature, what is the best usb or wireless solution?

As mentioned above, I have no problem with my audio. Try what I did.

After finding a fix for my Brightness Control, next step is to fix the SpeedStep control. Currently, the N130 seems to be running hotter than before (with Windows 7) which implies that the CPU is not slowing down on idle but running full speed all the time unnecessarily. Battery last only ~3.5 hours.

cura

cura

Italian Squad Staff (InsanelyMacRocker)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts
Hi guys,
I've downloaded the dsdt in post number 5 and finally I have all working good, i can see the battery icon works perfectly and after the sleep the wake function works properly.
The only issue I have to manage is the warning "Hibernateimage is too old by xxxx seconds, use forcewake to override".
Adding the string forcewake=y to my c.a.b.p the battery icon disappear!!!
Anyone got the same issue?

umpersand

umpersand

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi
i have samsung n130 and use mac os x sl 10.6
thanks for DSDT file. now sleep enable.
please promt step by step as to adjust brightness of the screen. thanks advance.

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

What does NOT work:

10.6.5 working!

I installed:
http://dl.dropbox.co...6212351.app.zip
from http://www.meklort.com/ confirmed working with 10.6.5
and updated from my boot drive to 10.6.5 direct with combo installer from apple:
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

After reboot netbookmaker autoinstalled and OS X started without working sound.

Easyest way for installing voodoohda from:
http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
is to use the pkg installer VoodooHDA-2.7.2.pkg

After changing the voodoo mic settings the "beep" goes away and it seems the sound is now
louder with voodoo hda!

aurumnous

aurumnous

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi,

I have written up a tutorial of how i got retail 10.6.5 mac osx onto my Samsung n130. currently everything except mic works (I still get the feedback squeal using voodoohda)

Heres the link:

http://deanezra.com/...n-samsung-n130/

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

10.6.5 working!

After reboot netbookmaker autoinstalled and OS X started without working sound.

10.6.7 working without modifications !

updated via softwareupdate, only dsdt for working wakeup has to be exchanged from extras.bak,
sound is still working after update.

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi
Dont know if anyone can help me on getting sound working on my samsung n130
Here's what ive done
Installed 10.6.3 on my netbook with image made using SL 10.6.3 retail disk
everything seems to be working ok, except for sleep, sound and wifi
Wifi is now ok as I bought a Dell 1397 and works out of the box
I want to get the sound working before working on sleep but not getting anywhere with it
I installed the voodooHDA.kext from the netbook-samsung section but only get HD audio in the system preferences and no sound. I also tried to update to 10.6.5 using the deanezra guide which updated ok but lost my ethernet and airport would not turn on. I also tried to install to voodooHDA-0.2.6.pkg but would get kernel panic and had to run through recovery=y then uninstall voodooHDA-0.2.6.
After all that I'm back to 10.6.3 and is working fine except sound and sleep

I just want the sound to work and im really struggling with this, any help appreciated, thanks

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Hi
Dont know if anyone can help me on getting sound working on my samsung n130
Here's what ive done
Installed 10.6.3 on my netbook with image made using SL 10.6.3 retail disk
everything seems to be working ok, except for sleep, sound and wifi
Wifi is now ok as I bought a Dell 1397 and works out of the box

First install combo update 10.6.7 from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361
Then VoodooHDA from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

i tested different versions of voodoohda and have
VoodooHDA.kext 471KB 14.11.2010 installed
in extra/additionalextensions

Icon/Information shows version 0.2.1

it is not the version from VoodooHDA2.7x but anyway it is good to install voodoohda first from the installer to get systemprefences installed.

If you have a noise feedback from micro you have to adjust in voodoohda prefs in the micro settings the level. If this not works try different kext, for me only version 0.2.1 is perfect.

PS: for Sleep you only have to put the DSDT.aml from this topic
http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1537128
in /extra and adjust the
netbook bios settings at boottime (F2)

EDB = Enabled

thats all. And do not update to 10.6.8

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

First install combo update 10.6.7 from http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1361
Then VoodooHDA from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list

i tested different versions of voodoohda and have
VoodooHDA.kext 471KB 14.11.2010 installed
in extra/additionalextensions

Icon/Information shows version 0.2.1

it is not the version from VoodooHDA2.7x but anyway it is good to install voodoohda first from the installer to get systemprefences installed.

If you have a noise feedback from micro you have to adjust in voodoohda prefs in the micro settings the level. If this not works try different kext, for me only version 0.2.1 is perfect.

PS: for Sleep you only have to put the DSDT.aml from this topic
http://www.insanelym...t=#entry1537128
in /extra and adjust the
netbook bios settings at boottime (F2)

EDB = Enabled

thats all. And do not update to 10.6.8

thanks for this
installed voodoohda-2.7.2, kernel panic
installed voodoohda-2.7.1, booted ok but get feedback noise after every bootup, have to change settings in voodoohdahelp everytime

I will try installing the voodoohda-0.2.1 in extra/additionalextensions do i need to install it to system/library/extensions?
also do i need to install netbookinstaller before and after 10.6.7 update? if so would 0.8.4 rc1 be ok?

I'll try it and post how I can get on

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

thanks for this
installed voodoohda-2.7.2, kernel panic
installed voodoohda-2.7.1, booted ok but get feedback noise after every bootup, have to change settings in voodoohdahelp everytime

I will try installing the voodoohda-0.2.1 in extra/additionalextensions do i need to install it to system/library/extensions?
also do i need to install netbookinstaller before and after 10.6.7 update? if so would 0.8.4 rc1 be ok?

exact like here, i get allways noise feedback until i found the 0.2.1 voodooHDA version. This works perfect and i only changed the values in voodooHDA one time.

i deleted the voodooHDA version from sys/lib/exte.... and put the 0.2.1 in extra/add.. then run /extra/updateextra, if i install voodoo to sys/lib i get after other system kext updates often a error that voodooHDA is not correct installed...

If you have installed netbookmaker and you update the system to 10.6.7 after reboot the netbook maker runs at systemstart and installs everything needed. You only have to update voodoohda and dtds after system update by hand.

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your help kilyman
I updated to 10.6.7 as you said but I lost ethernet and airport after the update.
I restored back to 10.6.3 and ethernet and airport was back on again.
I then reinstalled netbookinstaller-0.8.4 rc1 and put the voodoohda-0.2.1.kext from http://code.google.c.../downloads/list
(the last 1 beta version)
into the extra/additionalextensions folder, and run UpdateExtra, then restarted.
Still no sound

Then I installed the voodoohda-0.2.1.kext into the extra/updateextensions folder, ran UpdateExtra, then restarted
viola! sound is working now!

To get the sleep working I went into BIOS as you said and changed the following:

EDB = Enabled
USB S3 sleep: Enabled

Now netbook sleeps when pressing Fn + Esc and restarts with power switch

Couldnt get 10.6.7 working but all ok on 10.6.3
Will post a detailed experience and how I got it working on the Samsung Netbook section
and work on updating to 10.6.7

Thanks Kilyman, also seen you are trying to update to 10.6.8
I noticed in the extra/generalextensions folder a load of kexts which might be useful, maybe try updating to 10.6.8 and checking this folder if the kexts are still there, if not maybe back them up and install after 10.6.8 update?
You might have tried this but just a suggestion

kilyman

kilyman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Couldnt get 10.6.7 working but all ok on 10.6.3
Will post a detailed experience and how I got it working on the Samsung Netbook section
and work on updating to 10.6.7

perhaps this is because i dont use netbookmaker 0.8.4 there was a special release for 10.6.4 at
http://www.meklort.com/?p=262

I use this netbookmaker until 10.6.7 without modifications. Only 10.6.8 is not working.

As bonus here are two ultimate netbook tools:
Scaleresolution found at http://www.mydellmin...resolution.html

With one click you can scale all system windows to 80% this will help to run software with large windows where are the buttons normal outside your window.

PresentYourApps from http://www.eternalst...resentyourapps/

PresentYourApps allows to hide the menu and/or dock for every app to get real fullscreen for windowed apps.

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

perhaps this is because i dont use netbookmaker 0.8.4 there was a special release for 10.6.4 at
http://www.meklort.com/?p=262

I use this netbookmaker until 10.6.7 without modifications. Only 10.6.8 is not working.

As bonus here are two ultimate netbook tools:
Scaleresolution found at http://www.mydellmin...resolution.html

With one click you can scale all system windows to 80% this will help to run software with large windows where are the buttons normal outside your window.

PresentYourApps from http://www.eternalst...resentyourapps/

PresentYourApps allows to hide the menu and/or dock for every app to get real fullscreen for windowed apps.

Thanks for the netbook tools,
Did you mean netbookinstaller or netbookbootmaker? I thought they were different
At the beginning I patched my snow leopard iso with netbookbootmaker-0.8.4 rc1. Then I have installed netbookinstaller-0.8.4 rc1, I might have to install the netbookinstaller special release from above link then do the 10.6.7 update and it instructs you to reinstall the special release so will have to try that
First to backup current working version, will let you know how I get on,
thanks

s0000

s0000

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
After making a backup of working 10.6.3,
I installed the netbookinstaller-20100616212351 from meklort then before restarting updated to 10.6.5 and immediately reinstalled netbookinstaller-20100616212351 again before finally restarting.

I got a kernel panic so booted in safe mode using recovery=y which booted up ok, ethernet, wifi and audio and sleep stopped working then reinstalled netbookinstaller-20100616212351 and after restart everything working again except sleep
installed the dsdt file from deanezra's folder to the /extra folder and now sleep working, so all ok on 10.6.5.

Next installed 10.6.7 update and immediately ran netbookinstaller as above, reboot and everything fine,

I'l try 10.6.8 see if it works otherwise il stick to 10.6.7 for now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy