Nvidia Geforce 310m and Atheros AR9285

modsoap

41 posts in this topic

More details please: what have you installed (Leopard, Snow Leopard, which method?)

More about your problem as well.

I tried to use Chameleon v2 RC4 boot load to Install dual boot OS Window7 and snow leopard 10.6.3 on my sony vaio and after Installation, I booted on snow leopard the resolution only 1024x768 so I tried to install Nvidia G310M.pkg and reboot again. Unfortunately after system reboot I got the black screen. I heard someone has some situation and they plug in external screen and it works perfect. I don't have external screen so I never try that. Thanks for your help.

my notebook specification:

Intel® Core™ i5-520M

Intel® HM55 Express

4 GB DDR3 SDRAM

NVIDIA® GeForce® 310M GPU with CUDA™ Technology

Intel® High Definition Audio

I have nVidia GeForce 310M as you see from my sig below.

If you are O.K with installing distro(iATKOS 3) rather than vanilla insatll, it works perfect.

All I had to do was booting with"busratio=17" in order to start the installation and later on selected the latest "qoopz" kernel "graphics enaber" "AHCI SATA" "voodoo PS2 keyboard" "nvenabler" "voodoo power" "voodoo battery" "card reader" and left the rest of options default.

Well, obviously either of sound kexts provided don't work(in my case?), so at the moment I have a dumb hack book. :)

Other than that, everything works, including wifi!

Good luck!

J.C

Hi Jumbochilli, Reading your post it seems as if you’re the only one in this forum to have the Geforce 310M up and running correctly. “Congratulations” :P Care to share how? I have a Asus U30JC notebook with the same GPU, I’ve tried almost every thing I read but still can’t get SL to recognize it properly. :wacko: I am stuck with a display resolution of 1024X768 can’t see Video. :wacko: I am sure there are a lot of people including my self who would really appreciate your help. Here what I see in Profiler and my Specs. I am currently running IATKOS 10.6.3, when I tried to upgrad my notebook it hung after “DMOS had arrived”. I am dual booting windows 7 64Bit using EasyBDC and Chameleon 2 rc4. Everything works except video and Wifi.

All help tips ideas will be appreciated :P

A Big Thanks

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0a72

Revision ID: 0x00a2

Displays:

Display Connector:

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x0046

Revision ID: 0x0018

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Motherboard Name: Asus U30JC Series Notebook.

CPU Type: - Intel Core i5 Processor i5-450M (3MB Cache, 2.4GHz, with Turbo Boost b up to 2.66GHz)

Motherboard Chipset: Intel Ibex Peak-M HM55, Intel Ironlake-M.

System Memory: - 4096 MB DDR3-RAM.

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 310M (512 MB).

3D Accelerator: Intel GMA HD.

Audio Adapter: Intel HDMI @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - HD Audio Controller.

Audio Adapter: Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Ibex Peak PCH - HD Audio Controller.

IDE Controller: Intel® PCHM SATA AHCI Controller 4 Port.

Disk Drive: ST9500325AS (500 GB, 5400 RPM, SATA-II).

Mouse: ELAN PS/2 Port Smart-Pad.

Network Adapter: Atheros AR8131 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Network Adapter: Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter.

Network Adapter: Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network).

DMI BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends Inc.

please help with an explanation of how one gets qe/ci working on intel gma and nvidia 310m???

i too have same system profiler as above..... intel gpu no kext loaded

pcie unknown nvidia nt working

thanks in advance

stuart

1. I typed "busratio=17" to get installation to start.(please notice that this is for i5 430m, NOT for 450)

2. after all "formatting" and "partitioning" are done,

3. At the customisation, I selected

"graphics enaber"

"qoopz kernel" the latest one(in my case, this had to be chosen, there's no other kernel'd work)

"voodoo power"

"voodoo PS2 keboard"

"AHCI SATA"

"nvenabler" from graphics option

"voodoo battery"

"card reader"

"atheros" from the wifi option

and the rest, I left them default.

Good luck! ;)

Guys,

You do not need a kext at all for the 310M just use GraphicsEnabler = yes in the com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder. For noobs see attached.

Why use extra kexts when you really don't need them?

Also take a look in the 10.6 installation forum section and you'll see that the Vostro is being worked on by quite a lot of us.com.apple.Boot.zip

Hi Minihack,

I'm trying to get the graphics working properly on an Asus K52JC but not having much luck. It has an Nvidia GT 310M but also an Intel adaptor (device id 0x0046) which I think has something to do with the Nvidia Optimus Technology.

I've tried "GraphicsEnabler = yes" as well as NVEnabler and adding device ID's to NVDAN*.kext's all with no luck. I've also tried installing the Macbookpro 1.3 update and the GT310 package earlier in this thread but both give me kernel panics. I cant see the exact cause of the kernel panic as the screen dump is too long.

Reading through the Vostro thread you've said your running without kext's on a modified DSDT. Does your system have the Intel adaptor as well as the 310M? If I post my DSDT do you think you might be able to take a look for me? Modifying DSDT's is stretching my skills.

I would be most grateful!

Thanks,

WP

I use Asus A42JC-VX044 with Nvidia Geforce 310M and Intel HD graphic, I install susscess Snow Leopard 10.6.3 retail but two VGA not work :

Kernel panic when I use IntelHD.kext

Nvenabler.kext for Nvidia but it still not work ;)(

Anyone can help me ?

• 2 weeks later...
I see the AR9285 problems have been fixed with Kext from the 10.6.5 update. Has anyone had any luck with the Nvidia 310M? With or without the second Intel adaptor?

I also have the k52jc with optimus technology. I have written to asus asking for a bios that disables the intel gpu but they are not forthcoming. Currently, if you set the vga in bios to 'reserved' this will disable the nvidia 310m gpu. The alternative is to enable optimus which is only supported by windows drivers.

I am sure you could force osx to only use the gpu on a certain pcie port but i do not know how to do this.

Our only option may be to wait for someone to hack the intel i5 gpu so we can at least achieve QE/ci.

I used Tonymac's [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] supported and retail snow leopard. My 310M is detected as unknown Nvidia but I have resolution choices. Have you tried any NVenablers?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hey guys over there. i have a lenovo with the same specs - and a little topic here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237160

what differs is the DEVICE ID (0a70)

so maybe anyone here have an idea how to port your succuss to this very nice machine? would be nice to get help from the people which successfull run 310m. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE! every singe help is needed!