Nvidia Geforce 310m and Atheros AR9285

modsoap

41 posts in this topic

I have nVidia GeForce 310M as you see from my sig below.

If you are O.K with installing distro(iATKOS 3) rather than vanilla insatll, it works perfect.

All I had to do was booting with"busratio=17" in order to start the installation and later on selected the latest "qoopz" kernel "graphics enaber" "AHCI SATA" "voodoo PS2 keyboard" "nvenabler" "voodoo power" "voodoo battery" "card reader" and left the rest of options default.

Well, obviously either of sound kexts provided don't work(in my case?), so at the moment I have a dumb hack book. :(

Other than that, everything works, including wifi!

Good luck!

J.C

I have nVidia GeForce 310M as you see from my sig below.

If you are O.K with installing distro(iATKOS 3) rather than vanilla insatll, it works perfect.

All I had to do was booting with"busratio=17" in order to start the installation and later on selected the latest "qoopz" kernel "graphics enaber" "AHCI SATA" "voodoo PS2 keyboard" "nvenabler" "voodoo power" "voodoo battery" "card reader" and left the rest of options default.

Well, obviously either of sound kexts provided don't work(in my case?), so at the moment I have a dumb hack book. rolleyes.gif

Other than that, everything works, including wifi!

Good luck!

J.C

I will Try it with the Snow Leopard NVEnabler. Witch display resolutions to you have?

^_^:( It´s work! Thank you, jumbochilli.

But what about the Atheros AR9285? Have someone of you a idea?

Just one more thing, does that enable QE/CI, or does it just enable full resolution only?

my dell vostro didnt come today, but it will come on monday, so i can only test it then.

Just one more thing, does that enable QE/CI, or does it just enable full resolution only?

my dell vostro didnt come today, but it will come on monday, so i can only test it then.

It enables QE/CI, of course, in full resolution(at least in my case), so do not sweat it. :D

You'll be just fine. :)

:D:) It´s work! Thank you, jumbochilli.

But what about the Atheros AR9285? Have someone of you a idea?

It's good to see it worked out for you. :D

Well, for the wifi, all I did was checking on "atheros" box in wifi option, but then mine(atheros AR5B93) is different from yours.

Nothing to lose, but everything to gain, try it and see what you get. :)

Cheers.

I also have 310m. but it says unknown in system profiler. does your guys say geforce 310m there?

Well, yes, it says unknown nvidia card, but as long as it recognizes correct vram size, gives max resolution and enables QE etc, etc, I would like to say the card works(correct me if I'm wrong). :D

I'm not really fussy about what the card is stated in profiler, but do hope someone could come up with a solution. :P

Cheers.

Hey guys..

After I install the driver and reboot, my screen didn't show anything at all, anyone has any idea?

Guys,

You do not need a kext at all for the 310M just use GraphicsEnabler = yes in the com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder. For noobs see attached.

Why use extra kexts when you really don't need them?

Also take a look in the 10.6 installation forum section and you'll see that the Vostro is being worked on by quite a lot of us.com.apple.Boot.zip

Guys,

You do not need a kext at all for the 310M just use GraphicsEnabler = yes in the com.apple.boot.plist in the Extra folder. For noobs see attached.

Why use extra kexts when you really don't need them?

Also take a look in the 10.6 installation forum section and you'll see that the Vostro is being worked on by quite a lot of us.com.apple.Boot.zip

Thanks for reply.

I have tried this but result is the same and I try to boot in safe mode and it doesn't change, I have to reinstall it again. my computer is sony vaio with Nvidia Gefore 310M, Intel High Definition Autio, Atheros AR8131 Network Card and Core i5 520M CPU, I can't get any of these working and I am getting crazy.. ;)

I used to have 310M in my Acer 4740G, I installed Snow Leopard and it was successful, however, 310M doesn't work properly, yes it has QE/CI but if I watch a movie then the system hang up, must unplug the power. I tried 3-4 different ways, I get either UNSTABLE QE/CI or No QE/CI with full resolutions

Then I sold it and get HP with 230M and get QE/CI easily and very stable. 230M is similar to 330M in Apple Mac

I used to have 310M in my Acer 4740G, I installed Snow Leopard and it was successful, however, 310M doesn't work properly, yes it has QE/CI but if I watch a movie then the system hang up, must unplug the power. I tried 3-4 different ways, I get either UNSTABLE QE/CI or No QE/CI with full resolutions

Then I sold it and get HP with 230M and get QE/CI easily and very stable. 230M is similar to 330M in Apple Mac

I had to boot into SL to see if what you have stated was my case, well maybe it's my lucky day or something, QE/CI trouble you mentioned above is not my case.

I played 1080p movie using "plex", there was not a flaw(except sound, obviously). :D

I'm quite happy with 310m and atheros combi, but alc888. :P

Good luck with HP.

I had to boot into SL to see if what you have stated was my case, well maybe it's my lucky day or something, QE/CI trouble you mentioned above is not my case.

I played 1080p movie using "plex", there was not a flaw(except sound, obviously). :D

I'm quite happy with 310m and atheros combi, but alc888. :thumbsdown_anim:

Good luck with HP.

At that time the newest version of SL is 10.6.2, havent tried with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4

ALC888 can be fixed with patched AppleHDA.kext(original for 889a) + DSDT

BTW, what is your laptop brand and model please?

Thanks

At that time the newest version of SL is 10.6.2, havent tried with 10.6.3 or 10.6.4

ALC888 can be fixed with patched AppleHDA.kext(original for 889a) + DSDT

BTW, what is your laptop brand and model please?

Thanks

Well, that makes some sense then. :lol:

As you see from the sig below, it's Acer Aspire 4740g running "iATKOS S3" and I've got everything work except alc888.

If - one big if - I can get sound working, this lappy will be another perfect hackbook candidate.

Thanks for the tip. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Is there anyone who can get the sony vaio notebook internal screen work with the nvidia 310m? ;)

More details please: what have you installed (Leopard, Snow Leopard, which method?)

More about your problem as well.