ATI 4890 & 10.6.4 solution founded!

ytrox

36 posts in this topic

10.6.7 works fine. install exotic package from netkas. I have added support for DP port (dual monitor). ATIFramebuffer.kext.zip

enjoy

tried that but still doesn't work for me.

Monitor goes black during boot and reads "display out of range" (must be linked to a refresh rate problem as it seems to be willing to set a 118hz and of course i'm limited to 60hz)

my monitor is the 27" inch Nec PA271W which has 2560x1440 @60hz resolution. Works fine in DVI.

Any other ideas to get DP to work?

or maybe I could add that res and refresh somewhere in ati's kext content.

I had a former 24" inch (1920x1200) which worked great with DP and i haven't changed a thing when I switched monitor

tks

I don't now why your dp works only with 1920 res. have you try to connect only the 27 monitor to the dp port? maybe 4xxx series are limited to dual HD (1080p) monitor.

yes, tried DP only, doesn't work.

is there anywhere i can set refresh rates for my resolution ?

i remember i once managed to have my dp ok with this monitor, i guess i was still at 10.6.6 and with old ati kexts (dualdvi) but once i upgraded to 10.6.7 + netkas package , dp is gone ;)

yes, tried DP only, doesn't work.

is there anywhere i can set refresh rates for my resolution ?

i remember i once managed to have my dp ok with this monitor, i guess i was still at 10.6.6 and with old ati kexts (dualdvi) but once i upgraded to 10.6.7 + netkas package , dp is gone ;)

try change frequency using safe mode or screen sharing, maybe you can..

ok but it's SL that sends wrong info to the monitor.

it is linked to a resolution problem

I tried reinstalling SL from scatch, only connecting to DP. it works and stays at low resolution 1440x900

when I upgrade to 10.6.7 it still says at that resolution and no QE/CI

when I then install the QE/CI exotic pack for 10.6.7 from Netkas, DP does not works anymore (screen goes off during boot). If I add a DVI cable, it seems to be the second screen i'm watching, it's blank SL wallpaper but i cannot have the main (DP) screen.

if i leave the DVI on and disconnect the DP cable, i now have the SL desktop as it should be, but in DVI.

it does not seem to accept 2560x1440 @60hz via DP, or I should specify it somewhere because before the screen goes off it reads "trying 120hz" which obviously does not work

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
try this (see 1# post), I've removed the stripe problem after boot and (maybe, test) the support for 2500px resolution

you mean installing your atiframebuffer instead of the one that i use ? (which is 1.6.26 , 356ko)

i mean to install ATIFb, aticontroll and framebuffer(patched) of 10.6.7

Sorry not to understand

Your first post seems to link drivers for 10.6.4 and i'm using 10.6.7

Could you please link me to a zip where i could find all the files to replace for 10.6.7 ?

Many thanks