4 replies to this topic

lalonader

lalonader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi Everyone.

I just got me a new Compaq CQ1 1020 All in one Machine. It is a very low cost machine that I am willing to turn in to an affordable imac like machine (For about 400 plus the SL Licence!)

I was not able to boot neither from iatkos 7, iPortable, Netbook Maker USB Stick.

I then extracted the HD, and installed SL using my reliable but mic-less Asus 900HA, with netbook maker stick

I then replace the drive and chameleon shows up, but one second from there I get a kernel panic and a Legend that
the proccessor is not supported. Any flag I tried din not worked out.

I then tried to boot it with an iportable stick, with flag atom_kernel, and NADA

Then I made some research, and learned that this Machine (And many others to come) uses the new Atom D410 Processor, other places refered as Atom 2. It seems to be a CPU with a GPU embeded.

I had find no information regarding OSX86 and Atom D410, so here I am, oppening a discussion, and hoping that some bright minds may help me, and many more, to make these machines work!

By the way, these machines are being sold either with W7 Starter, or a Linux.

Regards!

lalonader

lalonader

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi Everyone.

I just got me a new Compaq CQ1 1020 All in one Machine. It is a very low cost machine that I am willing to turn in to an affordable imac like machine (For about 400 plus the SL Licence!)

I was not able to boot neither from iatkos 7, iPortable, Netbook Maker USB Stick.

I then extracted the HD, and installed SL using my reliable but mic-less Asus 900HA, with netbook maker stick

I then replace the drive and chameleon shows up, but one second from there I get a kernel panic and a Legend that
the proccessor is not supported. Any flag I tried din not worked out.

I then tried to boot it with an iportable stick, with flag atom_kernel, and NADA

Then I made some research, and learned that this Machine (And many others to come) uses the new Atom D410 Processor, other places refered as Atom 2. It seems to be a CPU with a GPU embeded.

I had find no information regarding OSX86 and Atom D410, so here I am, oppening a discussion, and hoping that some bright minds may help me, and many more, to make these machines work!

By the way, these machines are being sold either with W7 Starter, or a Linux.

Regards!

Hi Guys. Some Updates:

I have tried with Empire EFI 1063 and It displays the gray Apple logo but nothing further.

I also tried iAtkos S3 V2, and same result.

When trying verbose, it replies something about some "quarantine"

Any Ideas? Somebody?

wolfiem

wolfiem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Did you have any progress?

I succeed to install iAtkos 7 but screen resolution is 1024x768. I select GMA950 driver and 9.5 kernel.

I will try the method below to snow leoaprd and better resolution

http://www.mydellmin...12-os-x-18.html

wolfiem

wolfiem

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Just Joined
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Did you have any progress?

I succeed to install iAtkos 7 but screen resolution is 1024x768. I select GMA950 driver and 9.5 kernel.

I will try the method below to snow leoaprd and better resolution

http://www.mydellmin...12-os-x-18.html

Update: Snow leopard method didn't make any difference. Atom D410 processors have different device ID. you can check it from link below.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Intel_GMA?t=2

Update 2: I can use 1280x1024x32 and 1600x1200x32 resolutions with default vesa driver. It has very annoying refresh rate but better visiuality than 1024x768. For using this resolutions you should have chamelon v2 +. At start you can check which resolutions supported by your device.

For supported resolutions type "?video" without quotes.
For change resolution type "Graphics Mode"="1600x1200x32" with quotes.

JalapenoG

JalapenoG

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Any further progress lalonader?

I ask as I'm looking to build an fanless ITX system which I can install OSX to - so noob question time!

Have been looking at Atom D410 ITX boards as these seem quite cost effective and easy to come by, but I can only locate this post regarding OS install.

Anyone have any other experience of running OSX with the D410? If not, what Atom processor would you recommend?

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy